1/48 Airfix DH82 Tiger Moth

Dear all,

Airfix's 48 scale Tiger Moth kit completed today.

Lovely kit although the cabane struts are very flimsy and easily broken.  Built out of box (and painted by brush as always) with only  set of home made seat harness to dress cockpit up with.

I live in Kent so it had to be painted in the scheme to represent the one at Headcorn aerodrome in 2018 not far from Maidstone.

l2Kz3rA.jpg

0mqPYKf.jpg

Nuw12in.jpg

KdhskRG.jpg

PF32Ygl.jpg

WWfBOom.jpg

Uuc4bet.jpg

b7HzlGt.jpg

ea1Frnv.jpg

7W6IhYY.jpg

Regards

Dave

• Like 59
  • Thanks 2

This is lovely.

I have become a bit obsessed recently with learning to use my airbrush. This is a really nice reminder that with a bit of skill and patience you can get excellent results like this with a brush.

Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

I've lusted for this kit since it was announced and it does my heart good to see such a gorgeous example. Bravo, and building a preserved example? That's right in my ballpark too!

6 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

I also built this model twice and had a lot of fun!

I have a very, very strong feeling I'll not be able to stop at one!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Thats very impressive for a brush paint - what paint did you use? Also well done for including the 'javelin' cross bracers which the kit instructions miss!

TT

Thank you kindly!

The paint I use is the Revell 'aqua colour' paint range (mostly aluminium for this one) which (for me) work extremely well for brush painting and leaves a lovely smooth finish.

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Lovely work on this little beauty Dave, it's a very enjoyable kit.  You've done a cracking job and achieved a lovely finish too.

I go to Headcorn a few times each year with the car club and love watching this and another Tiggie there amongst all the other aircraft on the go. Well worth a visit as I am sure you're aware anyway.

Great work as always

Chris

• Thanks 1

Lovely Tiggie Dave, as always I'm amazed at your brush painting skills.  Nice to be able to make a local machine.

I built one just before Christmas, must get round to posting it here!

Cheers

john

• Thanks 1