Deadly Stringbag...1/48 Fairey Swordfish Mk.II, 836 NAS, Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm

Remarkable build of the Swordfish.  The rigging looks quite daunting.  Also, there is something so dichotomous about the vision of a biplane with rockets mounted under the wing as weapons.  It just seems so out of place technically, but it happened.  Thanks for sharing this great build. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, socjo1 said:

Great work, great plane, great model and great photos! Real pleasure to admire your Swordfish, thank you!

Regards,

Michal

8 hours ago, Oldgitian said:

Great Job.  Looks excellent.

Especially like just the right amount of carefully restrained weathering. 

Ian

8 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Really impressive work on your Swordfish - well done!

Regards

Dave

8 hours ago, Sky Keg said:

Reini78 never disappoints.  This amazing Swordfish only adds to that legacy. :worthy:

Mike

7 hours ago, iang said:

Very nice!

6 hours ago, Andrés S. said:

BRAVO !!! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Andrés.

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

Absolutely superb.

5 hours ago, mick said:

excellent work

1 hour ago, bissyboat said:

Gorgeous Stringbag. 🙌

1 hour ago, georgeusa said:

Remarkable build of the Swordfish.  The rigging looks quite daunting.  Also, there is something so dichotomous about the vision of a biplane with rockets mounted under the wing as weapons.  It just seems so out of place technically, but it happened.  Thanks for sharing this great build. 

49 minutes ago, Farmerboy said:

Another stunning model from your dad, l’m curious, do you build yourself? or am l missing something?

regards FB.

I did, from my early teenage years to my early twenties. Haven´t built one now for over twenty years but planning to get back to the hobby in an active way in the future. For now I only support and accompany my dad with his builds. Due to his rather basic English and computer skills, I take pics and do the postings of his models on several online platforms. I also have some influence regarding the subjects he builds. Sadly I have no suitable space in my apartement to build models. There´s only a smalll "man cave" at my parents house. My dad´s now 75 and I hope he still has some modeling years ahead.

Thanks a lot for your kind words, much appreciated!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Learstang said:

Although it may be a bit of an oxymoron, beautiful Stringbag!

Regards,

Jason

10 hours ago, mick b said:

Blimey that’s good! Lovely paintwork, BZ to your dad!

Mike

7 hours ago, Natter said:

A fabulous model, and in my favourite scheme for the Swordfish.

Thank you gents!

Fantastic Swordfish! I tried using the Tamiya photo-etched rigging on my attempt on this kit +10 yrs ago and I recall it being much more difficult to use than EZ-Line or monofilament. The rigging along with the paint, weathering, decaling and overall build quality on your dad’s is an A++. Your dad is very talented and this build gives me hope that I might still be able to scale model when I hit 75 (approaching 70 now). Photos are great too! Thanks for posting!

• Like 1