Arma Hobby 1:72 Nakajima Ki-84 "Hayate" 104 th Sentaï .

Hi gents ! 

After my post on IJN Zero, I've received a claim from IJA saying , "Easy to go on with Navy ,buddy ! But what about serious people ? " ( these guys really don't like each others 😄 😉

So , Here is my answer to this request .( Hope that IJA Headquarters would like it , and more important to me , you too !! ) 

Arma Hobby offers us what is in my opinion the definitive Ki-84 kit in 1:72nd scale. Waiting for it for so long ! 

This is MY Favorite IJAA fighter ever, began to build the Revell one when I was .. A Kid ?? 🙁 

you remember ? , this box 

19429710.jpg

After that I went on with Hasegawa one with the same deco.

Now back to Arma Hobby one, Their first Boxing included this scheme , and they add a good ( in my opinion ) study on 104th Sentaï operations records won't copy it here, but if you're interested in go to their blog ( don't have any stock of this company 😉)

The kit is real gem ! we are happy 1:72 nd guys to have such a good maker for our scale models. Please guys, don't go for a Ki-43 serie !! This will burn out my Visa !!

I decided to not do "heavy weathering" as these planes did not see intense use , (were based out of main active pacific/ CBI theaters of operations) 

Painted with MRP " WW II Japanese range of paints "

I liked to build this one , and I'm  glad too, to share it with you all ! 

Hope you'll like it  ! 

best regards to all and .. good modelling !! 

now the pics  : 

img_4214.jpg

img_4312.jpg

img_4311.jpg

img_4213.jpg

img_4310.jpg

img_4210.jpg

img_4212.jpg

img_4322.jpg

img_4321.jpg

img_4318.jpg

img_4319.jpg

img_4317.jpg

cheers !! 

• Like 69
  • Thanks 1

This is an excellent presentation of the Ki-84. Yes, I agree. It’s long overdue for a quality kit of the seemingly forgotten Ki-84. This one turned out great!!!! :like:

Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, François Escudé said:

Arma Hobby offers us what is in my opinion the definitive Ki-84 kit in 1:72nd scale. Waiting for it for so long ! 

This is MY Favorite IJAA fighter ever, began to build the Revell one when I was .. A Kid ?? 🙁 

you remember ? , this box 

19429710.jpg

My favorite Japanese airplane... I agree, decent Hayate was long awaited. And, thanks to Arma, finally we have one... Although I've already build three Hasegavas, my fingers are itching for "few" Armas.

You built it really well, overall impression is, excellent!!! And now how about one in Shimbutai markings?!?

P.S. I've build same one that Arma offers with Platz decals, and they suggested that A/C was black on top!! I liked it, so mine is black...

P.P.S. I do remember, heck, have one from Revell, which my father build some 40+ years ago from that particular boxing...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zoran Srb said:

My favorite Japanese airplane... I agree, decent Hayate was long awaited. And, thanks to Arma, finally we have one... Although I've already build three Hasegavas, my fingers are itching for "few" Armas.

You built it really well, overall impression is, excellent!!! And now how about one in Shimbutai markings?!?

P.S. I've build same one that Arma offers with Platz decals, and they suggested that A/C was black on top!! I liked it, so mine is black...

P.P.S. I do remember, heck, have one from Revell, which my father build some 40+ years ago from that particular boxing...

Ahaha ! Hi Zoran , nice to hear from you 😉 listen to your fingers !! go for it , hope you'll get as pleasure as I had to build it  ! regarding Revell one did you speak about 40 YEARS ??? , man , don't remember my age this way !! 😆

Thanks for your comment ! regarding Shimbutai marking, I saw this new scheme from Arma Hobby, Eye catching in term of deco for sure , but not for me, I have one more in my stash, and will probably do it in NMF

best regards ! 

• Like 1

Well, OVER 40 years.... Closer to 50 (yes I'm that old, past half century mark)....  One of my earliest memories were, me looking at my dad, building airplanes...  At the time, SOMEHOW, for short period of time (2-3 years), Revell kits slipped thorough communist censorship, as toys... But someone found that kits promote "militarism" among youth !!! Never mind that EVERY able bodied male HAD to serve in armed forces....

20230128-194432.jpg

• Like 7

29 minutes ago, Hairy Stickler said:

Super job! Thanks very much for sharing. 

How did you enjoy the Arma kit?  I'm thinking of having a bash at this one later this year. 

Best regards 

Peter 

Hi Peter, 

Really it goes well , for me points to take care of

Rear part of canopy, sprue attachements make them difficult to insert on back of aircraft, need sanding which is not that easy with my big fingers 

And  "technicals" decals , they are very thin , so be careful ans assure you have a really smooth finish to use them 

best regards  !! 

2 minutes ago, Pantherhawk27263 said:

Beautiful work, it looks fantastic!!! Great job!

thanks  !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Francois, 

My turn!

Very well done. Ki-84 can well be my favorite WW2 Japanese fighter too (or at least IJA fighter). And with the sharp Arma Hobby kit... 

A pleasure to watch - Congratulations.

Eric B.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrzeM said:

Salut François!

Very well done model, congratulations!

Would you consider sending us your photos and a few sentences of comment for Armahobbynews.pl gallery?

Best Regards!

Grzegorz

Arma Hobby

HI again ,

Did not find the way to post on your blog, may be you want to receive it by mail ? could tell me how to proceed ? thanks 

45 minutes ago, François Escudé said:

HI again ,

Did not find the way to post on your blog, may be you want to receive it by mail ? could tell me how to proceed ? thanks 

Hi, yes, please, send them to my e-mail. I'll send you the e-mail address in private message.

Thanks!!!

G.

• Thanks 1