Fujimi 1/72 Vought F7U-3P Cutlass

My build for this will be the very old Fujimi F7U-3p Cutlass (photo-recce bird)... the only plane in my stash.... Probably wont be very good but will try to do an NMF finish.....

Photos to follow once the build starts

• Like 9

My -3M of the same vintage built up nicely enough though the decs were showing their age a bit. Watch out for the nose leg fit/alignment - on mine it wanted to be raked back far too much as it should be just about vertical on the ground.

This may be of interest.

Pete

• Like 2

Takes me back a few years. I built one when the kit came out. It was a nice kit as I recall, typical of Fujimi kits of that period. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mr T said:

Takes me back a few years. I built one when the kit came out. It was a nice kit as I recall, typical of Fujimi kits of that period. 

thanks. not built a plane for many years, and never tried natural metal, lets see how well I do, perhaps I will get another plane if I enjoy it 

• Like 2

Some quick progress... Nice little cockpit with panel decals.... And the engine intakes started in the wings..don't know if this needs nose weight, no mention in the instructions but I know othe builds do, so will leave the nose off for now....

IMG-20230226-173829.jpg

IMG-20230226-174942.jpg

IMG-20230226-173820.jpg

IMG-20230226-175144.jpg

IMG-20230226-175233.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, robw_uk said:

Some quick progress... Nice little cockpit with panel decals.... And the engine intakes started in the wings..don't know if this needs nose weight, no mention in the instructions but I know othe builds do, so will leave the nose off for now....

Hi Rob,

When I was building mine I thought it might not need ballast but then I noticed a little "weight" symbol hiding in the instructions. It does not specify how much but mine was fine with 7g - probably 5g would have been enough but it definitely needed some! I guess the photo nose is a bit longer so it may even need less and there will be more room to add it presumably.

Pete

20 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Hi Rob,

When I was building mine I thought it might not need ballast but then I noticed a little "weight" symbol hiding in the instructions. It does not specify how much but mine was fine with 7g - probably 5g would have been enough but it definitely needed some! I guess the photo nose is a bit longer so it may even need less and there will be more room to add it presumably.

Pete

the key has the weight symbol but can't see it in the instructions - will add some... the PR nose IS longer yes BUT it has clear parts and the cameras in it so space is limited. I can get some right in the nose but the rest will have to go over the front wheel well.... just need to find my lead figures that I used to use for weights...

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Now I remember why I am.not a big fan of aircraft, pesky seam lines..... But body all together, bit of extra nose weight added......

IMG-20230313-203732.jpg

IMG-20230313-203750.jpg

IMG-20230313-203741.jpg

• Like 9

Yeo I can confirm planes are no longer my thing.... But it's slowly getting there, just a few small parts then it's time for painting

IMG-20230318-151453.jpg

IMG-20230318-151504.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Col. said:

Nice work Rob.

Are you planning to add any more aircraft kits to your stash now?

Don't think so.... Maybe... Perhaps.....

• Like 1