1/48 & 1/72 - Aichi D3A2 Model 22 "Val" by Wingsy Kits - 3D renders

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Aichi D3A2 Model 22 "Val" by Wingsy Kits - in design
1 hour ago, hopkp said:

Hopefully it won't be covered in exaggerated rivet (divot?) detail like the 1/48 Bf 109E kits.....

Hopefully it will see the light of day at all, hopkp, no matter how many rivets and how exaggerated or not: WingsyKits is located in Ukraine and probably facing some problems.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hopkp said:

Hopefully it won't be covered in exaggerated rivet (divot?) detail like the 1/48 Bf 109E kits.....

You are 100% correct! And please no Pe parts...

I really looking for this kit now, thanks Homebee.

Respect for Ukrainian designer and manufacturer for working during the war!

The Wingsy's Emil & Sonia are best quality kit, and I'm sure, Val will be outstanding. And I hope it shall include all necessary details - rivets and brass.

Good luck Wingsy!

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, cema_ga said:

Respect for Ukrainian designer and manufacturer for working during the war!

The Wingsy's Emil & Sonia are best quality kit, and I'm sure, Val will be outstanding. And I hope it shall include all necessary details - rivets and brass.

Good luck Wingsy!

Brass is out

3D is in

23 minutes ago, cema_ga said:

1 hour ago, mahavelona said:

This is good news. Not a type we have many kits of and the Hasegawa offering is not often seen on shop shelves 

Absolutely great news.  AFAIK D3A2 has never been done in 1/48th (except perhaps a conversion).  Fujimi and Hasegawa did the D3A1 in 1/48th. 

There were some significant differences in the two subtypes.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 & 1/72 - Aichi D3A2 Model 22 "Val" by Wingsy Kits - 3D renders
1 hour ago, Masinissa said:

I have their Sonia

Sonia, you say?  <Hastens off to eBay> damn your eyes! :crying:

EDIT: :phew: I already have one :yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Masinissa said:

Really great news. I have their Sonia, Claudes, and a few of their outstanding Bf-109Es. They really work hard to get their kits right, and have a good release schedule.

Same here. I just don't know to buy this in 1/72nd or 1/48th though? If I go 1/48th I can use one of the decal schemes on my Fujimi kit.

3 hours ago, Homebee said:

Not only that, but Wingsy did the two variants of the Sonia. Very minor differences. You can look at the spinner to see the differences. Best reference for the Sonia is by Arawasi. 

http://www.arawasi.jp/

Staying on topic . . . the Maru Mechanic issue on the D3A series covers everything for the Val. FAOW is nice but lacks the information on interior details. I'm confident that Wingsy will get this right.

http://www.arawasi.jp/salebook.hp/aramag/eye1b.jpg 

9 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Same here. I just don't know to buy this in 1/72nd or 1/48th though? If I go 1/48th I can use one of the decal schemes on my Fujimi kit.

The Fujimi kit is the earlier D3A1. I built one years ago and it's not a bad kit. You may be able to use the Wingsy D3A2 tail codes if appropriate and hinomaru. Eduard makes a set of IJN seat belts.

14 hours ago, Masinissa said:

The Fujimi kit is the earlier D3A1. I built one years ago and it's not a bad kit. You may be able to use the Wingsy D3A2 tail codes if appropriate and hinomaru. Eduard makes a set of IJN seat belts.

Okay, it's somewhere buried in the stash and couldn't remember what version it was but like you say I might be able to put something together or I'll look at the Wingsy kit and loose interest in building the Fumiji kit 😁

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Source: https://m.facebook.com/story.php/?id=100064163220305&story_fbid=694566906025411

"Know that if anyone ever tells you that Wingsy was moderated, this is a big lie! We work, we fight, we will win!!!
We have finished working with the “basic surfaces”, or more simply, “theory”... This is a very important stage for the future model. It is she who will determine the future appearance! This is important... A little difficult, but we will definitely do it! Please don't worry! We are fine... The maximum you can help us with is order ready-made models - they are worth it!... This will speed up the process of working with D3A2.
Thank you"

img-2-1695450021400.webp
img-10-1695450067098.webp
img-3-1695450052502.webp
img-11-1695450078318.webp

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3