1970 Chevy Impala

Despite the cold in the manshed I've finally got this one done.

Bought from the bay as 'may be missing parts', I raided the spares boxes and pressed on.

sPjSbV5.jpg

Paint was sourced from The Range in Lincoln and is a Hycote brand Ford colour. (Riviera Blue).The orange is Humbrol.

cqC8QAv.jpg

The Orange follows a contour line in the bodywork. I was inspired by the Le mans Porsche racing colours.

The side pipes are a mishmash of bits, the mufflers are covered in aluminium tape but don't show up as shiny here.

qRlBoKg.jpg

The front and rear shiny bits & vallances fitted where they touched and are just butt joints to the very thin bodywork.

So I had to add tabs and superglue to hold them in place. It's a very old kit though. 

BIwPTcS.jpg

I added spares box seats and did the interior in Blue and Grey, adding seat belts and an indicator stalk.

The paint turned out very nicely with just a gentle polish to achieve a scale shine.

DlDAiqx.jpg

Here it is next to a Street Rod version I built twenty odd years ago. (Ignore the cocktail stick holding the bonnet open. 

3pySqXN.jpg

Another view of the Rod, in case anyone is interested...

As always comments and brickbats are always welcome. many thanks for looking, Pete.

There is a build thread BTW.

• Like 17