Site very slow to load, more Service Unavailable screens

On 3/6/2023 at 6:55 AM, Bullbasket said:

No, I don't think so Pete. I think 90% of members are just ignoring the 500's and moving on. I think that if everyone who experiences them was to post it on here, the thread would be completely flooded. I get at least two per day, and if you were to multiply that by the number of members visiting the site, it would be swamped.

John.

Yes. I get several every time I'm on the site. I'm afraid I've not noticed if there are any specific actions which make them more or less likely, but I'm happy to take note and post details if it helps get to the source of the problem.

• Like 1

Heres an odd thing to consider; For the last few days I've been using an old laptop which is running Windows 7 and an old issue of Chrome. I've not had a single 500 or other odd message and BM has been loading as fast as it should

I access this site via two PCs, both running Firefox on Linux Mint - a country mile away from Pete's setup - and I'm experiencing precisely the same performance.  It's certainly not hardware- or software-related, it's a hosting platform issue.

Had a 500 about 2 hours ago at 15.00, then just now, trying to get onto the site, I got a "this site is not available". Shut Google down and then opened it up again and bingo.....all back to normal.

Just come onto the site on my Windows 10 Laptop with EDGE and had two 500 errors within 2 minutes (around 14:41) this is the first time I have ever had two in one session,

Got two yesterday. One which was no more than the usual, but the second popped up right in the middle of me uploading photos to my thread. Completely beggared it up. After I said "Gosh! That's a nuisance", or something like that, I started again.

John.