Site very slow to load, more Service Unavailable screens

I get upwards of half a dozen of those 500s every day. Also experiencing intermittent but frequent slowdowns. 

I'm running three devices - a Chrome book, an android phone, and a (latest) Windows laptop. Same issues on all 3, plus a few more on the Android

Still think it's to do with http server or database server threads not being handled correctly.

Having the site display the flyout with reactions (notification icon) tends to be pretty slow as well. 
And the iframe like below with a linked post also loads relatively slow. 

15 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Still think it's to do with http server or database server threads not being handled correctly.

I'll be going back to them shortly asking for round two of repairs.  It's at least mostly usable now, whereas before it was getting bad :S

• Like 3

Apart from the 500/503's it's been much better than before indeed :) 

My reasoning for the server threads being b0rked is mostly because it happens when there's a query fired - either getting the most up-to-date status or retrieving something embedded from the site itself.

Especially with all the current website scripting being processed asynchronous in Ajaxy thingies, that last major version upgrade might just have nudged the server/package into slightly temperamental moodswing mode. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Apart from the 500/503's it's been much better than before indeed :) 

My reasoning for the server threads being b0rked is mostly because it happens when there's a query fired - either getting the most up-to-date status or retrieving something embedded from the site itself.

Especially with all the current website scripting being processed asynchronous in Ajaxy thingies, that last major version upgrade might just have nudged the server/package into slightly temperamental moodswing mode. 

I'll take your word for that ;) Fixing this old Lenovo laptop is about my level if I'm honest :blush:

I had one earlier today, the first in a few days.  Obviously these are still too may (you shouldn't be suffering them at all) but the improvement since the changes made by the hosting company has been dramatic, both in access/response/display speed and the reductions in errors.

First visit of the day, first 500 error on loading the home page, 08.56, fully up to date Firefox on Windows 10.  The speed fix is still holding, the daily number of 500s was down to 1 or 2 a day but seems to be creeping back up, in a statistically insignificant way.

Paul.

500 at 06:58 this morning as I clicked on the notifications symbol.

EDIT - And another at 15:45 on the new content section.

EDIT No 2 - Yet another 500 @ 16;24 again on the new contain section.

Most recent 500 came up on the home page when I pressed F5 to see if any new topics had come in since I last looked at it half an hour before. So, the error came at the refresh cache command rather than the usual change page request. Cured by a second F5, as usual.

Paul.

Second 500 code @ 17:28 today when I clicked on Marklo's Fw 190 thread from view new content.

The first was around 06:35 this morning as soon as I selected the forums from the home page!

And yet another @ 18:25 after selecting the Crane Jane thread from view new content.

Is it just me?

13 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Is it just me?

No, I don't think so Pete. I think 90% of members are just ignoring the 500's and moving on. I think that if everyone who experiences them was to post it on here, the thread would be completely flooded. I get at least two per day, and if you were to multiply that by the number of members visiting the site, it would be swamped.

John.

• Sad 1

Get the 500 error message after viewing the site and returning to the homepage. Use the return arrow top left of my screen to return and back to normal.

46 minutes ago, T-21 said:

Get the 500 error message after viewing the site and returning to the homepage. Use the return arrow top left of my screen to return and back to normal.

Ditto.