Israeli RF-4E 'Orev' - Italeri 1/48

Hi all, planning on building the Italeri 1/48 RF-4E in an Israeli scheme for this GB. This was the boxing released last year with new decals included.

20230217_220313

20230217_220409

I'll be building this in the grey IAF scheme of The Bats squadron. 

20230217_220523

Honestly depending on how this kit goes together I'm very tempted to get another as it comes with an additional IAF scheme, an IRIAF scheme, a Luftwaffe scheme and a Turkish scheme.

20230217_220541 20230217_220552

Looking forward to this one!

• Like 24

Hi all! Made a start earlier, nothing major just cutting the major parts off the sprue and cleaning up some of the flash. Thought I'd show off the sprues:

20230301_191059

20230301_191140

And show off the (very comprehensive) decal sheet...

20230301_191201

I really don't see this kit taking long to assemble, it's fairly simple despite its size. Though knowing how many stencils a Phantom has those words may come back to bite me 😅

Thanks for looking in!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 2/24/2023 at 11:19 AM, Col. said:

Seems you'll need a few copies of this kit to avoid the agony of decision Luke ;) 

He speaks truths......don't ask me how I know.  :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 24/02/2023 at 19:19, Col. said:

Seems you'll need a few copies of this kit to avoid the agony of decision Luke ;) 

Unfortunately the agony of choice has only gotten worse here! Blame @modelling minion for supplying me with the older boxing of this kit 😅

20230302_122506

20230302_122537

20230302_122713

Holding off on making a thread for it as I have a few builds on the go currently, but if I don't get around to building it for this GB the Greek scheme will make this my Southern Europe GB build.(At least that will spare me having to choose a scheme)!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Luke1199 said:
On 2/24/2023 at 7:19 PM, Col. said:

Unfortunately the agony of choice has only gotten worse here! Blame @modelling minion for supplying me with the older boxing of this kit 😅

Very happy to have added to your options/stash/dilemma Luke.😁

You really do have a great selection of recce Phantom decals from these two boxes, all you need now is more kits to put them on!

🇺🇦

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks, been super unproductive recently as I've been sick but trying to get my mojo back. Made a tiny bit of progress with the wings today.

20230324_223837

I was set back a little though by these raises imperfections which needed a lot of sanding as the wing is incredibly thin at the outer edges.

20230324_223714

Hopefully have the fuselage and wings all together in the next few days, the cockpit sits above the wheel bays and can be added after the fuselage is together so should save myself a lot of time.

Thanks for looking in!

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Col. said:

That's strange molding flaws on the mating surfaces Luke. Wonder if the tooling is beginning to deteriorate?

I wouldn't be surprised, its a pretty old molding now. Finding a fair bit of flash too.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, some minor progress on this build now, going to focus more attention on it. Wings are together after a lot of sanding- they're huge!

20230425_225809

I've also began joining the fuselage together now but it's going to have to be assembled in a few stages as there isn't a whole lot of contact between both sides. The cockpit sits above the front wheelbay and is fitted once the fuselage is together and since the wings are mounted so low, the bottom of the fuselage parts are only connected at the nose. I need to make sure the spine of the fuselage fits perfectly or nose and/or tail will end up skewed and need a LOT of sanding.

20230425_225757

Letting the tail portion dry before i tackle the spine but shes already some size!

Thanks for looking in!

• Like 4