P-51 Mustang STGB 5 Chat

TEMPESTMK5

19 hours ago, jovapad said:

I would like to join too. Its only certain it will be 1/48 scale. I will decide on the rest underway.

Good morning jovapad 

Welcome aboard ..

You have a few weeks left before the start to choose the subject of your build ...

Best regards

Patrice 

• Like 1

spacer.png

Started this lovely little B model the other day as a warm-up, delightful kit that practically builds itself.

spacer.png

Not to worry, still got 34 in the stash.

One of my New Years Resolutions is to try and build some bigger diorama scenes, so I might try and do a multi-Mustang vignette for this GB. Need to get my research head on... 🤔

• Like 5

This GB is very tempting as I have at least half a dozen mustangs I plan to add to my collection.  This would overlap a couple other GBs, but I have fairly simple builds planned for the others and whereas they’re a little out of my comfort zone, this would be smack dab in the middle of it as a WWII guy.  I have several 1/48 Eduard kits in the stash and I think I would either do a Yellowjacket or a Yoxford Boy.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Matt B said:

This GB is very tempting as I have at least half a dozen mustangs I plan to add to my collection.  This would overlap a couple other GBs, but I have fairly simple builds planned for the others and whereas they’re a little out of my comfort zone, this would be smack dab in the middle of it as a WWII guy.  I have several 1/48 Eduard kits in the stash and I think I would either do a Yellowjacket or a Yoxford Boy.  

Good afternoon Matt B 

Welcome aboard see you in a few weeks for the start of this STGB ..

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Like 1

On 12/01/2024 at 10:06, Tim R-T-C said:

spacer.png

Started this lovely little B model the other day as a warm-up, delightful kit that practically builds itself.

spacer.png

Not to worry, still got 34 in the stash.

One of my New Years Resolutions is to try and build some bigger diorama scenes, so I might try and do a multi-Mustang vignette for this GB. Need to get my research head on... 🤔

If you have three D:s and a B/C, why not do the Bottisham Four as they were photographed, in formation?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, whiskey said:

Count me in. I believe I can get one done for this.

Good evening whiskey

Welcome aboard and see you in a few weeks for the start of this STGB at that all you will ned to do is open a thread and show us the progress of your build

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Thanks 1

On 26/01/2024 at 20:26, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I'm planning on two P-51s, both post-WW2.  One from the USAAC and the other an F-51D from the ANG.

Good morning Enzo

I am loocking forward to follow your builds ..

Best regards 

Patrice 

Hi Patrice, 

I reckon I will be contributing a Latin machine, possibly Guatemalteca but probably Uruguayan. I have already commenced the Nevada ANG “Nancy” build and have been lured past the 25% completed point by my enthusiasm - sorry. 

Martin

On 1/25/2024 at 10:34 PM, whiskey said:

Count me in. I believe I can get one done for this.

Welcome Zach! 

On 1/26/2024 at 7:26 PM, Enzo the Magnificent said:

I'm planning on two P-51s, both post-WW2.  One from the USAAC and the other an F-51D from the ANG.

Post-WW2? Now you are talking my language :). Seriously, Enzo, it is always great to see your builds :)

On 1/27/2024 at 11:20 AM, PhantomBigStu said:

We believe you, I’m planning only two as well. 

Excellent, Stu! What’s in your mind for them?

• Thanks 1

On 1/2/2024 at 10:28 AM, Giorgio N said:

Having participated in other P-51 STGBs before, it would be rude not to join this one!

No subject decided yet but having A,B,D and H variants covered by kits from Condor, Arma, KP, Airfix, Tamiya, RS and a few decal sheets I'm sure I'll find something.. likely an MTO based aircraft if WW2 or a postwar aircraft from one of the many users of the type

It’s always great to see your builds, Giorgio! 

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 7:51 PM, 2996 Victor said:

Hi Patrice,

I'd like to take part, please, I've got lots of Mustang projects I'd like to build!

Cheers,

Mark

I’m keen to see what you propose, Mark :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Possibles, off the top of my head, all 1/48

RAF Mk.I PR Academy ex AccMins

RAF Mk.II PR (if Eduard release their 'B' in time!)

USAAF P-51D Charles Weaver nose art Eduard

USAF ANG F-51H Modelsvit

Anson Johnson N13Y Halberd/Eduard

"Beguine" Halberd/Eduard

I need to order the Halberd sets!

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Patrice, 

I reckon I will be contributing a Latin machine, possibly Guatemalteca but probably Uruguayan. I have already commenced the Nevada ANG “Nancy” build and have been lured past the 25% completed point by my enthusiasm - sorry. 

Martin

Good afternoon Martin 

Don't worry I perfectly understand that sometimes it is very difficult to resist the enthusiasm of a new build .😉..

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, 2996 Victor said:

Possibles, off the top of my head, all 1/48

RAF Mk.I PR Academy ex AccMins

RAF Mk.II PR (if Eduard release their 'B' in time!)

FR not PR

Mk.II was the P-51A not the B.  The B and later Mustangs were for the pure fighter role (if at times carrying bombs) not FR.   Though apparently a small number were painted overall PRU blue and used for PR duties before D-Day (not too sure of the details).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Graham Boak said:

Though apparently a small number were painted overall PRU blue and used for PR duties before D-Day

Those are the ones I'm interested in, but I'm away from my info at the moment, so I can't be more specific as to which one.

Cheers, 

Mark 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

5 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Patrice, 

Martin

I'd forgotten about those :doh: not just the "standard" ones, but also the Cavaliers. Now I'm really undecided.....

12 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I have already commenced the Nevada ANG “Nancy” build and have been lured past the 25% completed point by my enthusiasm - sorry. 

Im curious about this as I can find nothing on it using a Google search ? 

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 7:32 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Welcome Zach! 

Post-WW2? Now you are talking my language :). Seriously, Enzo, it is always great to see your builds :)

Excellent, Stu! What’s in your mind for them?

No real idea, have all the options in one jpg to decide and can’t, all I know is I’m planning one raf/commonwealth one, one/two nmf one and one in green/olivedrab over grey.  Yes I’m aware that’s more than 2.

On 1/30/2024 at 8:31 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Im curious about this as I can find nothing on it using a Google search ? 

It was a 192ndFS detachment in 1952/3, Dennis. 

• Thanks 1

Please add me to the list Patrice.

I have 2 Brit Mustangs (Airfix and Arma) ready to go.

Thanks,

George

• Like 1