Tamiya Tyrell P34 6 Wheeler 1/20 ++Finished++

Gallery pics are posted.

This was my first attempt at an F1 car. Although I had issues, mostly of my own making, it won't be my last

Paint was mostly ratllecan from Halfords

Appliance White

Engine blue enamel

Black enamel

The blue was a mk1 eyeball match for Tamiya X4 

It's not a million miles away from the sponsor decal colour so I'm happy with that choice

Thanks to @JOCKNEY and @JeroenS for the GB ant to everyone else for dropping by

Depending on how some of my other builds progress, I may return with another (non-F1) car later

/P

• Like 3

I have this kit that my eldest son started and lost interest in , i aim to finish it and will be referencing your build when i do , so thanks for sharing .

Please dont take offence but i think the tyres would look much better sanded back to remove the seams .

Great build all the same

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone

43 minutes ago, mullac2001 said:

Please dont take offence but i think the tyres would look much better sanded back to remove the seams .

No offence taken. I did actually do some sanding on them. The photos make them look worse than they actually are, but more work was definitely needed. I just don't want to risk it now

The main point to note from this kit is that the engine needs to pe perfectly aligned. That was the mistake i made. It throws the entire rear out if theres misalignment.

Other than that, as long as you pay attention to the instructions, everything should go together nicely.

/P