Hasegawa 1/72 Fuji T1a. Has returned!

• stevej60 changed the title to Hasegawa 1/72 Fuji T1a.

Lovely. I built one of these in "The Kit You Built As A Kid" GB a couple of years ago and it was every bit as much fun as it was back in the mid-1970s, except for the decals. I think I ended up with about half of them usable. 

Sadly alternative markings aren't common. Maybe someone might have spares from a later boxing or the Platz kit if it becomes an issue?

J

2 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

That's an unusual one Steve.

Does it have a whopping great decal sheet or will you be in masking mode for a good long time ?

Good luck

Cheers Pat

Thank's Pat,no decal's just loads of masking!

2 hours ago, John said:

Lovely. I built one of these in "The Kit You Built As A Kid" GB a couple of years ago and it was every bit as much fun as it was back in the mid-1970s, except for the decals. I think I ended up with about half of them usable. 

Sadly alternative markings aren't common. Maybe someone might have spares from a later boxing or the Platz kit if it becomes an issue?

J

Always a worry John but rare from King kit so hopefully all will be fine. I do like e-bay for being able to see in the box for such issues.

• Like 1

Looking forward to this Steve, it’s certainly a great choice for this “All Japan” GB and might even be a good match for my (soon to be unveiled) proposed build. Now doubt, you will probably tempt me to add one of these to my growing stash. 
Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looking forward to this Steve, it’s certainly a great choice for this “All Japan” GB and might even be a good match for my (soon to be unveiled) proposed  build. Now doubt, you will probably tempt me to add one of these to my growing stash. 

Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

Thank's Dave look forward to whatever you have in the pipeline! Never built or seen this kit but for year's come close to buying or bidding on one so really looking forward to it's

arrival.

• Like 1

Hi folk's well it had to happen,never had a problem ever with KK and I know they do state sometimes the boxing can be different but what arrived was a very

ancient issue in poor condition shot decals and a pebbled canopy not worth wasting time on really so I'll keep the thread and look for a replacement.

• Sad 1

• stevej60 changed the title to Hasegawa 1/72 Fuji T1a. Has returned!

Hi folk's unexpected return of this build,Luke to soften the blow of more lifts into work bought me a later boxing with happy to say a much improved canopy and

a superb decal sheet I'll post a couple of pictures later today.

20230304_152333

20230304_152439

• Like 8

That looks much better. I wish I'd had that sheet when I built mine.

I think it also got a bit of a retool at some point, adding more detail to the cockpit area. 

John 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

That does look great Steve, definitely the boxing go look out for. Looking forward to seeing this take shape. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Much better Dave the kits the same and I think Johns correct about the cockpit,the decals will be challenging l think sand off the panel lines in order especially with the smooth finish of the real thing.

• Like 1