Tim's Fujimi 1/72 Phantom FGR2

15 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Blimey with that many decals  I think you could completely finish the kit assembly and still be under the 25% rule :wink:

Looks the business,  good luck mate.

Cheers Pat 

I did some research and that's exactly where the 25% point is.   Posting this thought to the groupbuild rule amendment suggestion thread.

I've just done some measurement to establish the 25% threshold.  Quite surprising result really.

For consistent sustained effort, dedicated to one GB only and no breaks   -   I looked at my Blitzbuilds.

My first was a Novo Miles Master taking 9h47m. So 25% is 2h27m.  Start time +2h27m occurred at 11:06 - at which time I had an assembled airframe being prepared for painting.

Then a Monogram Skyraider taking 10h26m. So 25% is 2h36m.  Start time +2h36m occurred at 12:02 - again an assembled airframe being prepared for painting.

That's about what I'd thought previously, but more advanced than most would like to see admitted - but there's the measurement.

BUT for this GB,  I'll timestamp photo the parts at 0%, next weekend.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Back in the early 1990's I built a batch of 7 1/72 Fujimi Phantoms F-4B, RF-4B, F-4C/D, F-4E, F-4G, F-4J and FGR2. Nice kits - maybe not as well detailed as some later ones but buildable pretty quickly and I think they look good.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Thanks 1