Sometimes, you forget to lock the barn door...

The Rat

...and the horses escape. Other times, you lock it tight and some idiot still manages to get in.

Hello folks, After stealing ideas from this board for years I'm now willing to risk your reputation and pull up a chair. My area of expertise plastic torture is mostly in the What if? genre, where skills are less important than just having fun. A lot of whiffers are already on here, so you will mostly find me hanging out in heir corner of the board. 

Real name: David Bailey. Not the photographer who hung out with supermodels and rock stars.

Location: Romantic Pickering, Ontario. immediately east of Toronto. I will neither confirm nor deny that Pickering is where Toronto sends people it doesn' want.

Other hobbies: Photography, nature, canoeing, aerospace, skepticism, all indulged in with enthusiasm unbounded by knowledge and intelligence.

On with the show! 

• Like 11

Gidday David, welcome aboard. What whiffs do you do, floaty, flying or targets? I'm into 1/600 scale ships myself, usually actual ships but enjoy whiffing them also. And yeah, the beauty of them is that they're never wrong, so less time in research, more time in actually making them. Regards, Jeff.

:welcome: to the strangeness, David.  Sounds like you'll fit in fine.  IIRC we have a dedicated Whiffy area if you prefer, but otherwise put things in the relevant genre's area. :yes:

• Like 1

On 10/02/2023 at 12:13, The Rat said:

...and the horses escape. Other times, you lock it tight and some idiot still manages to get in.

Hello folks, After stealing ideas from this board for years I'm now willing to risk your reputation and pull up a chair. My area of expertise plastic torture is mostly in the What if? genre, where skills are less important than just having fun. A lot of whiffers are already on here, so you will mostly find me hanging out in heir corner of the board. 

Real name: David Bailey. Not the photographer who hung out with supermodels and rock stars.

Location: Romantic Pickering, Ontario. immediately east of Toronto. I will neither confirm nor deny that Pickering is where Toronto sends people it doesn' want.

Other hobbies: Photography, nature, canoeing, aerospace, skepticism, all indulged in with enthusiasm unbounded by knowledge and intelligence.

On with the show! 

Sounds like you're going to fit in here just fine!  Welcome, c'mon in.  Bar's to your right, coffee machine on the left, help yourself.  😀

• Like 1

Greetings from the other side of the world from a fellow plastic torture fan who also stole ideas and advice from this site for many years before finally joining up recently.

I look forward to seeing your what-ifs and more.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 8:14 AM, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday David, welcome aboard. What whiffs do you do, floaty, flying or targets? I'm into 1/600 scale ships myself, usually actual ships but enjoy whiffing them also. And yeah, the beauty of them is that they're never wrong, so less time in research, more time in actually making them. Regards, Jeff.

Aircraft, both parents were RAF so it's in my blood. 

9 hours ago, The Rat said:

Aircraft, both parents were RAF so it's in my blood. 

.   .   .  and blood's usually thicker than water. 🙂 I've seen some interesting aircraft whiffs on forums so I'm looking forward to seeing yours. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1