Crusader MK.III Border model "desert rat"

She is done. It was a joy to build. Good practice with some PE. 

The weathering is a bit over the top and maybe not as realistic as i had in mind but overall i like her.

The quality of the photo's is a bit poor. I'll try to take new pictures with a dark background.

Anyway, here she is, a worn.....battlescarred desert rat.

Feel free to comment, positive or negative, it's all welcome. 

The buildlog is here:

Tnx to all of you who followed along providing me with tips and info. 

20230207-203626.jpg

20230207-203551.jpg

20230207-203529.jpg

20230207-202956.jpg

20230207-202946.jpg

20230207-200329.jpg

20230207-200202.jpg

20230207-200319.jpg

tnx for stopping by and taking a look. 

• Like 33
  • Thanks 1

Great result Maddox!  Not sure why you think the weathering is too much though ..... compared to my Dirty Sherman, yours is just a bit dusty!  

I like it ..... and the weathering! 

Keith  😁

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Keeff said:

Great result Maddox!  Not sure why you think the weathering is too much though ..... compared to my Dirty Sherman, yours is just a bit dusty!  

I like it ..... and the weathering! 

Keith  😁

10 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Liking this. A great, desert sand battered tank. Agree with Sam about the black camo, that is a very nice touch. Top work.👏👍

Tnx guys. I took inspiration from a 1:48 crusader build from uncle nightshift. His level of weathering and chipping technique is  something i aspire to achieve some day. In that regard i went a bit overboard with this model. 

• Like 1

Hi Maddoxx,

Very good Crusader, with personality, as you say, the weathering is somewhat intense, although I think it's plausible. Perhaps something excessive, but it serves as learning and will become more and more refined. I remember my Crusader, I also tried to do something very used, but not sure what it would really look like, I toned it down a bit. There are few photos, I would like to see more, from other angles. Some seem to be of a different tone, more orange, I don't know which one best suits the model, personally I like the last ones better. As a suggestion, it is also good to dedicate more time and attention to photos, especially if we are going to publish, and we also have a beautiful reference to our work, which we can always consult or enjoy at any time.:goodjob:

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

That is a great looking Crusader @Maddoxx77:worthy: Your camo work is very realistic and I think your figure looks great too, that certainly does inspire me in my own meager efforts.  I'm also impressed by the rapid pace of this build; you got this done in no time, it seems Manoah! 🥃   Overall, a very fine piece of scale modeling! :clap2:

• Like 1

Maddox I like your work generally. I like the overall paint job and chipping on this one but I think their maybe a tad too much rust. I’m not sure if desert vehicles would rust like this. I could be wrong though.
All the best 

Paul

Edited by Muchmirth
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Nice and used example. Looks to have seen many a desert storm. Obviously got passed the Raz man or it would have been painted in double quick time. Remember the British Army motto. "If it doesn't move paint it. If it’s  moving wait until it stops and then paint it."😀

Edited by LeeM
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Muchmirth said:

Maddox I like your work generally. I like the overall paint job and chipping on this one but I think their maybe a tad too much rust. I’m not sure if desert vehicles would rust like this. I could be wrong though.
All the best 

Paul

I agree with you, the overall tone is a bit too rusty. I tried to mask it a bit with dirt and sandtones however it's still a bit over the top.

• Like 1