Avro Anson Mk.I Tface Masks (EX918 for Airfix) 1:48

Mike

Avro Anson Mk.I Tface Masks (EX918 for Airfix)

1:48 Eduard

boxtop.jpg

Airfix’s new and long-awaited Anson in quarter-scale is a great kit, but it’s got a lot of glazing that might make some of our fellow modellers wince at the prospect of having to mask off the many clear parts, especially as is common with a lot of early WWII aircraft, it was quite a greenhouse, with frames everywhere across its extensive set of windows.  Well, worry not because Eduard are riding to the rescue with this comprehensive set of masks. 

example.jpg

Unlike the usual Tface sets, this is supplied in an A5 flat-pack, on three large sheets of yellow kabuki tape with extensive diagrams guiding you.  These pre-cut masks supply you with a full set of masks for the canopy, side windows, turret and all the other glazing both inside and out.  In addition, you get landing light masks, alternate masks for the simplified windscreen framing, and a set of hub/tyre masks for all three wheels, allowing you to cut the demarcation perfectly with little effort.

ex919.jpg

Having used a Tface set of masks for my recent Wildcat build, I’m a huge fan of the concept, as I believe it gives your model’s glazing extra realism and depth, so will be using these sets at every opportunity.  They’re highly accurate too, and once you have installed masks on the exterior panes, locating the inner sections is much easier, as you don’t have any doubt as to where they should fit.

Very highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Like 2