Junkers Ju 287 V1. Kit Huma 1/72

13 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It was gloriously bonkers yet it did fly. I've never read whether it was good to fly or not though. Nice result, I always wanted to build one.

There was one on Ebay recently - only £79.99!

10 hours ago, JWM said:

Nice result! It was really a bonker plane... Fuselage from He177, tail from Ju 188...Jet engines, negative angle swept wing and fixed u/c!  

When I built mine several years ago I described it as being a collection of spare parts flying in close formation. I have read that the mainwheels came from a captured B-24

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It was gloriously bonkers yet it did fly. I've never read whether it was good to fly or not though. Nice result, I always wanted to build one.

Thank you. no idea about flying condition.

Alain

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JWM said:

Nice result! It was really a bonker plane... Fuselage from He177, tail from Ju 188...Jet engines, negative angle swept wing and fixed u/c!   The post war history in Soviet Union is also peculiar  https://tanks45.tripod.com/Jets45/Histories/Ju-287/Ju-287.htm

Regards

J-W

Thank you. Yes indeed it was a mixt of a lot of things.

Alain

2 hours ago, John R said:

There was one on Ebay recently - only £79.99!

When I built mine several years ago I described it as being a collection of spare parts flying in close formation. I have read that the mainwheels came from a captured B-24

You are totaly right.

Alain

A great representation of an aircraft that was not "Luft 46" but actually was build and flown numerous times.  That is was built from bits and pieces of different aircraft including B-24 parts is somewhat amazing.  Thanks for sharing your build of this kit.  Wonderful job.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, georgeusa said:

A great representation of an aircraft that was not "Luft 46" but actually was build and flown numerous times.  That is was built from bits and pieces of different aircraft including B-24 parts is somewhat amazing.  Thanks for sharing your build of this kit.  Wonderful job.

Thank you very much mate.

Alain

On 08/02/2023 at 16:29, georgeusa said:

Hi George USA , you're right ! read that main landing gear was made out B-24 one ! 😉

• Like 1

On 07/02/2023 at 12:54, MACALAIN said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Hi guy ! real challenge to build this one indeed ! even in these end of war in Europe  years , german engineers and designers were able to produce such planes. on one side, what a waste of competences regarding times , on the other, my be these works were used for  useful peacetime utilisation later 😉 . 

Anyway , thanks to you for sharing this build ! 

take care buddy !  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, François Escudé said:

Hi guy ! real challenge to build this one indeed ! even in these end of war in Europe  years , german engineers and designers were able to produce such planes. on one side, what a waste of competences regarding times , on the other, my be these works were used for  useful peacetime utilisation later 😉 . 

Anyway , thanks to you for sharing this build ! 

take care buddy !  

Thank you.

Alain