Possible purchases for this year? (Mines is mostly Star wars)

Who is up for  Mando's N1 1/24 ship. A surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one.  The Mandalorian ' The Razor Crest ' Platinum Edition Model Kit seems a bit steep for extra etching? (80quid extra) Unless something else is in it? The Imperial Shuttle Tydirium is not the most exciting ship but something about it really appeals to me. 

Star wars Legions Is a game I don't play but thought these look interesting.  They are about 1/48'ish scale but the figures for me look a bit squat for my liking (Think warhammer space marine) but that's going to change with the new edition called Shatterpoint.  The new Shatterpoint figures look to have better scaling. 

spacer.png

The kits are really well detailed that I think are on par with Bandai kits. Talking of Bandai kits possibly a restock for this year which will make many an Ebay seller sad. A possibility to get an AT-AT and TIE Interceptor at some point. (I actually missed all the Bandai kits when they first came out.)

Anybody else eyeing up some of the new stuff?

• Like 3

Being a fan of the Warhammer 40K Novels for some time, I'm going to try my hand at doing some of the miniatures. I recently got a Necron Royal Warden and I think in order to do it justice, I'm going to have to get the Citadel paints and some of the smaller paintbrushes.

• Like 1

WAVE has announced a Re-Release of their 1/24 Scale Tachikoma Model Kit from the Ghost in the Shell Anime Series. Sceduled for April 2023 according to HLJ.

Fingers crossed that a Re-Release of the 1/24 Scale Logicoma will follow.

• Like 2

I’m hoping to pick up a Revell/Bandai A-Wing (and maybe another X-Wing and Y-Wing). The prices on these have really shot up #over the last several years!

I also have several stl files I found on Thingiverse that I’m going to get 3D printed at my local hobby shop, once they get their larger format printer up and running. I’ve resized a K’Tinga battlecruiser to 1/1400 to go with my 1/1400 D-5 and D-7 and an original series Cylon Raider that I’ve scaled to 1/72 to go with my Bandai Star Wars ships.

Ben

• Like 2

The only thing putting me off getting the European Bandai kits you don't get the bloody standing pilot. 🤣 I will shut up about it one day but today is not that day.

12 hours ago, Reelyator said:

WAVE has announced a Re-Release of their 1/24 Scale Tachikoma Model Kit from the Ghost in the Shell Anime Series.

They come with some cool figures always wanted one to get Batou.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Pilgrim_UK said:

....They come with some cool figures always wanted one to get Batou.

A Batou Figure was included in the 1/24 Scale Uchikoma Model Kit. Maybe this will get Re-Issued as well. I am luckyto have one of them in my stash.

• Like 1

Moderoid is releasing a Robocop 2 Cain kit in the spring. I've got that on pre-order and it'll go nicely with their previously released ED-209.

I might get the new Zoids Koenig Wolf but I'm still undecided. 

If Bandai reissue the TiE Interceptor I'll grab one as that's one of the kits I'm missing. 

Carl

• Like 1

My hope is to round up my 1/72 Star Wars collection, which is a mix of Fine Molds, Revell, Bandai and 3d printed kits.

I just ordered the last Bandai's 1/72 TIE-Advanced x1 (also known as Darth Vader's TIE) available at Amazon.DE, as these might not get re-released in Europe soon.

@FG2Si Revell are releasing Bandai's 1/72 TIE-Interceptor next month and I do plan to get one. These kits have been exceedingly expensive and difficult to find in Europe so I hope Revell's "reboxing" (they don't even repackage them) will alleviate that problem.

If the budget permits it, I hope to get a 1/72 Y-Wing and the Fine Molds Jedi Starfighter this year. The former preferably being Bandai's kit but if push comes to shove, Revell's underappreciated kit will do - it has simplified detailing but the geometry and scale are fine.

The Fine Molds 1/72 Jedi Starfighter is an oddity  nowadays, and I fear that in a couple of years it will become the same impossible "holy grail" as is the 1/72 N-1 fighter.

Lastly, if anyone is on a tight budget and lacks a plain 1/72 TIE-Fighter (or is brave enough to convert one to a TIE-Interceptor), look no further than the dirt cheap Revell "1:100 pocket" kit, which is in fact dead on 1/72. It's practically the same size as the Bandai kit and, while the detail is softer, they're undistinguishable from a couple of feet away (and with some effort you can get the detailing on par). I have both kits displayed next to each other. Just discard the pilot and get a proper 1/72 figure, as the one in the kit is c. 1/50 in scale. 

Edited by Ventsislav Gramatski
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Also quite like to see the Bandai Star destroyer at a reasonable price as well. That would be a worthwhile purchase for this year.

spacer.png

Studio Ghibli Vignette Collection , No.01 (More collections later?)

This is released in March and it looks like Finemolds are straying into the Ghibli Figures range. Much to my pleasure.

• Like 4

On 12/02/2023 at 22:05, Pilgrim_UK said:

Studio Ghibli Vignette Collection , No.01 (More collections later?)

This is released in March and it looks like Finemolds are straying into the Ghibli Figures range. Much to my pleasure.

Cool!
The Studio Ghibli Movies are all amazing while i must admit that Porco Rosso is note really one of my favourites.

• Like 1