1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E Emil by HobbyBoss - release in 2024-2025

Homebee

I makes good business sense for Trumpeter to make a New Tool Bf-109E. The market penetration for Wingsy or Eduard Bf-109Es is tiny. Eduard said that less than 5% of their sales are in Japan. Tamiya's and Hasegawa's Bf-109Es are about or over 30 years old now.

If Trumpeter decides to put their A-Team on this kit then it will have a chance at having strong sales outside of the Asian market.:footy:

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this will probably be based on the same data that was used to produce the Trumpeter 1/32 scale Bf 109E kit. Accuracy-wise, that was poor compared to all the alternatives except the ancient Hasegawa kit. The Eduard, Dragon, and even Matchbox kits were far superior. I don’t see this new release being comparable to the best 1/48 Bf 109E currently available, which is the Wingsy Kit.

7 hours ago, Masinissa said:

I makes good business sense for Trumpeter to make a New Tool Bf-109E. The market penetration for Wingsy or Eduard Bf-109Es is tiny. Eduard said that less than 5% of their sales are in Japan. Tamiya's and Hasegawa's Bf-109Es are about or over 30 years old now.

If Trumpeter decides to put their A-Team on this kit then it will have a chance at having strong sales outside of the Asian market.:footy:

I asked why and this is a sound answer, thank you as I think I can see the logic now! From a Western perspective it feels like others dominate this market but I didn't know Eduard were so small in Asia.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Masinissa said:

Plus it will probably be an easier build at a cheaper price than the Wingsy kit so it will sell well anyway and pretty much every time a new 109 comes out it goes straight to the top of sales at Hannants.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Masinissa said:

Don’t forget the Airfix 1/48 Bf 109E which, apart from the framing on the late style canopy is also very good.

• Like 4

On 08/02/2023 at 01:50, Masinissa said:

But that might be because the market in China appears to be more geared to post-War and modern jets - Post 1949 when history started! There's certainly no obvious WW2 market as there is in Europe and the US. I'm betting the Battle of Britain means virtually nothing in China and very little elsewhere in Asia. 

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E Emil by HobbyBoss - release in 2024-2025
Posted (edited)

And two more announced in 2024-2025

- ref. 81792 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-4 Emil

- ref. 81794 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-7 Emil

T17.png T18.png

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Question is, will it have extended slats and dropped flaps? Or will HB follow their Bf 109F and G design for a closed wing?