1/48 - Ilyushin Il-2 Sturmovik by Trumpeter - release in 2023-2024

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Ilyushin Il-2 Sturmovik by Trumpeter - release in 2023-2024

Oh, come one! You can never have too many Il-2s! I don't even normally buy 1/48th scale kits, but I'll buy this, if nothing else then out of curiosity to see how it matches up to the Zvezda kit.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Comment deleted.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Learstang said:

Oh, come one! You can never have too many Il-2s! I don't even normally buy 1/48th scale kits, but I'll buy this, if nothing else then out of curiosity to see how it matches up to the Zvezda kit.

Best Regards,

Jason

P.S. Looking at that page, I just noticed that a new-build Chinese Badger, an H-6N, is going to be released in 1/72nd scale!

Except for I've almost run out of room for any models 🙃 I need to build a lot this year to make some room 😬

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 10:58 PM, thepureness said:

I might have to do a 1/48 Il-2 series with all the available kits from Zvezda, Tamiya, Accurate miniatures and now Trumpeter

That would make for a nice timeline series, provided you were willing to make and convert a few models to cover every variant!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Helmsman said:

Scaled down Hobby Boss?

I hope not. Although it would be nice to have an improved all metal fuselage version to the Accurate Miniatures kit, the rivets are pretty bad on the Hobby Boss kit. Not only are they all recessed they seem to have been done by someone guessing at the pattern without any understanding of aircraft construction. So hopefully this kit will be more accurate in that regard.