Was the Forum down today ?

25 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Yes. Explanation on Facebook page which to a Luddite like me reads “hitch at servers affecting many sites not just BM. Billy working on it”

That's funny, because eventually I thought to check the "Official Britmodeller Facebook Page" only to find a message saying that it had been closed down and directing me to another Britmodeller Facebook page, where I found a message saying that it had been closed down... at that point I decided to find something else to do (with minor success, and styrene WAS involved) and wait it out.

• Like 1

The outage was posted on Facebook yesterday afternoon. If the site seems to be down it's always worth checking the FB page before going into full panic mode.

Dave G

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

If the site seems to be down it's always worth checking the FB page before going into full panic mode.

Which I did, & then went into full panic mode. I'm feeling better now. ;) :D 

Steve

• Haha 13

According to the post from Mike yesterday on Facebook, the data centre where the sever is hosted had a total power failure, which knocked everything out. Britmodeller was not the only site affected by the outage. Seems it was quite serious and only came back at some point during the morning of 21/05/23 from some time around 1500 bst 20/05/23.

• Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, treker_ed said:

According to the post from Mike yesterday on Facebook, the data centre where the sever is hosted had a total power failure, which knocked everything out. Britmodeller was not the only site affected by the outage. Seems it was quite serious and only came back at some point during the morning of 21/05/23 from some time around 1500 bst 20/05/23.

Ed’s pretty much nailed the reasons. Nothing to do with us, but an issue with the wider server farm in which we’re located. For a while their own web page and support page were down too, so I couldn’t even ask them what was going on. As soon as I could I did, and got a reasonably quick response under the circumstances, letting me know what the issue was. 

My last attempt to visit the site was midnight last night, and it was still off. I noticed it was up again when I got up, but have only just got around to posting. I’m a bit knackered today. :tired: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Saturday night without BM OMG!      ( Naff all on the telly as always).      ( Not sad. Just dedicated) 😜

Did you consider building a model?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Saturday night without BM OMG!      ( Naff all on the telly as always).      ( Not sad. Just dedicated) 😜

You still watch live TV? :shocked: 

I was just trying to think what I was doing last night, and I’m damned if I can remember. The only thing (other than hitting F5 on the site now and then) was strengthening the base I’m going to put my Rancor monster on when he’s finished.  I got a big (120mm?) GW base, but it was a bit flexible. It ain’t now ^_^ 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

I didn't know that you were a lumberjack Steve:giggle:🪓.

John.

I always wanted to be a lumberjack, leaping from tree to tree! As they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia,  alas, I'm just a lousy speller. ;) :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

2 hours ago, gingerbob said:

That's funny, because eventually I thought to check the "Official Britmodeller Facebook Page" only to find a message saying that it had been closed down and directing me to another Britmodeller Facebook page, where I found a message saying that it had been closed down... at that point I decided to find something else to do (with minor success, and styrene WAS involved) and wait it out.

The Group is closed down now, but the Page is still open. You must have looped back round on yourself somehow. :hmmm: 

I had to speak to the wife.

She seems quite nice..................................................................... ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Sorry dear.  Yes I will do the washing up. Then can I go out to play with my models?? ....... No ...not the red heads. The Tamiya ones.

Just call me Rover as I'm always in the dog house.

• Haha 18

Gidday, and yeah it was out for me too. This has happened occasionally in the past, I assumed it would only be for a day or two so I managed to rein in the panic. So less surfing and more building last night. 🙂 I'm not on Facebook so no info for me there.

Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

BM was down on this side of the pond as well. Which meant I had no excuse I had to go OUTSIDE! and mow the yard. All one acre of it. Oh the pain, the pain...

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, JohnT said:

Yes. Explanation on Facebook page which to a Luddite like me reads “hitch at servers affecting many sites not just BM. Billy working on it”

Somebody forgot to pay the 'leccy bill

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

As it shares the appearance of this one I guess we share servers at the home of the software.

The fact we use the same software is a coincidence, but IIRC they were with the same hosts last time I looked.  I dread to think how many sites were down y'day.  Overall however, they're a lot more professional and reliable than our last hosts.  They were truly terrible. :poop:

• Like 2

Thanks the modelling fairies BM is back! This "talking to the family" thing was really getting on my nerves... and my wife's.

• Haha 10

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

seems I have a Wife, two sons AND a Grandson! But please don't do it again.

In case you end up with 3 sons?

Modelling is far cheaper!

Ian

• Haha 9

The site was down yesterday to, no Husky dog teams or Beavers on skis to bring me updates on the site. Had to go outside the igloo and actually look at the sky. My laptop doesn't have an F5 feature unless it's well camoflauged.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

The site was down yesterday to, no Husky dog teams or Beavers on skis to bring me updates on the site. Had to go outside the igloo and actually look at the sky. My laptop doesn't have an F5 feature unless it's well camoflauged.

What OS is your laptop running, and what browser do you use?