RAF MAP and BSc paints hopefully a future sticky

PhantomBigStu

Here goes, trying to create a bit of potentially sticky future thread for RAF paint colours.

1. WW2 Colours were known as Ministry of Aircraft Production colours, can be found in the RAF Museum book, I have an image but not sure of copyright reposting it you can find it on google

2. Post War colours come from at least two british Standards eventually complied as BS381c, available here https://britishstandardcolour.com/

3. These are different, whilst many colours appear in both or are similar successors to others they are not the same, there can be quite a different between supposedly the same colour

4. They do not match Federal Standard, whilst there are some similar colours and the odd one close there is variation

Model companies accuracy to date is questionable with the sole exception of the great Sovereign Hobbies who actually has done the gruntwork to get them right, no use for me as an acrylic user. Most brands either are actually matched (or attempted to) their FS approximates) or indeed BS381c for the Wartime shades.

Had hope to be able to collate some info here before, posting, but yesterdays attempted ended with a mess of text document and an actual headache for me so just posting this and hopefully over time can be collated. My main aim is to find what paints are the best out there so us acrylic users can pick up fairly accurate colours in the same way as enamel users can just buy Sovereign Hobbies safe in the knowledge of their accuracy.

Ill start with Dark Green as its the only one I've got sorted, 

MAP Dark green 

Research suggests Tamiya XF81 is the best, though no use to me as brusher, Vallejo 888 has also looked good, though my third pot was awful the first two I've used are excellent for MAP Dark Green and heard from others the same 

BSc241 Dark green 

Xtracrylix have got this one nailed, though less so for others in the range and indeed they are not the MAP shades 

@Troy Smith as he he knows way more than me least for MAP shades, as per our now deleted discussion MAP Medium Sea grey is a colour like to sort out as I known Humbrol 165 is wrong having used it on my Mossie so that can be a starting point for discussion

Dunno who to @ for postwar shades, BS MSG and Dark Sea Grey are colours I'm most interested in to start with XA and Humbrol is wrong for the former and both XA and AK Interactive are wrong for the later, not yet tried AK MSG

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Ill start with Dark Green as its the only one I've got sorted, 

MAP Dark green 

Research suggests Tamiya XF81 is the best, though no use to me as brusher, Vallejo 888 has also looked good, though my third pot was awful the first two I've used are excellent for MAP Dark Green and heard from others the same 

BSc241 Dark green 

Xtracrylix have got this one nailed, though less so for others in the range and indeed they are not the MAP shades 

Oh boy  :worms:

At this point I'll @Casey  @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies   to add in as to what is different between wartime MAP and BS381c  

AFAIK, wartime MAP and BS381c Dark Green are same.  I maybe wrong,  the tagged members will know more.

27 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

MAP Dark green 

Research suggests Tamiya XF81 is the best, though no use to me as brusher,

Tamiya brushes wonderfully, as long as thinned correctly with a little water, and ideally a tiny dash of flow improver.  I get a mini syringe, draw up 95% water (I used de-ionised) and the 5% flow improver. Shake, add a drop at a time to some paint in a palette.  use a small flat brush. 

Tamiya paint.   Hmm, I have a ghastly feeling they are not batch consistent.

As for XF-81,  it looked too brown to me, but both pots I had were slightly different.

27 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Vallejo 888 has also looked good, though my third pot was awful the first two I've used are excellent for MAP Dark Green and heard from others the same 

I don't know how batch consistent Vallejo are either.

37 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

My main aim is to find what paints are the best out there so us acrylic users can pick up fairly accurate colours

I think the answer so far is you need paint chips and the ability to mix.

And by eye mixing is a chore.   I have got several mixes for Tamiya,  but if they are not batch consistent, then they are not really much use for sharing.

It's possible there are more vallejo matches,  I have a quite a range, from buying paint sets from the days when Creative Models regularly ran a weekly discount page.

The only vaguely local shop does stock Vallejo, but the only way to check further would be with a MAP chart and a sunny day and indulging the shop to take paint outside to squint at the colour in the bottles....

I did last year make inquiries about actually making some accurate acrylic paints,  I'd be interested if there was actual demand,  I was doing it because it is a right pain doing the mixes... 

HTH

• Like 1

I should have added a caveat that it was based of comparing a few images like these two I decided there is a difference MAP looks more olivey and a touch lighter though I admit that might just be the sunlight now I think about it 

3052829500_f050f88a61_b.jpg

Tornado GR4 Retro Camo scheme - RAF Marham

Edited by PhantomBigStu

MAP Dark Green vs BSc241 Dark green:

ab2274d96652948a393d5b50ffbf07dc.png

Answer: yes those colors are very similar (<2.0 DE).

This exercise becomes much easier if you have real paint samples, hardware equipment and software that can do the objective color comparison for you.

I probably could do such work for all RAF colors (and BSc colors too), but I do not have samples of all the hobby paints in the world, so it would be limited only to the paints I have.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

Tamiya brushes wonderfully, as long as thinned correctly with a little water, and ideally a tiny dash of flow improver.  I get a mini syringe, draw up 95% water (I used de-ionised) and the 5% flow improver. Shake, add a drop at a time to some paint in a palette.  use a small flat brush. 

I don't know how batch consistent Vallejo are either.

I think the answer so far is you need paint chips and the ability to mix.

And by eye mixing is a chore.   I have got several mixes for Tamiya,  but if they are not batch consistent, then they are not really much use for sharing.

That sounds like to much of a faf, mucking about with thinners and mixing.

As for Vallejo's batch consistency, I had a mauve pot of Oxford Blue from them.....

Thanks for the post Casey, supports my theory that they are indeed slightly different greens 

Anyway to take this back to the now deleted discussion of medium sea grey both MAP and BS, clearly not humbrol 165 as that is too pale, likewise I have mission models which is the same, not vallejo 870 as that lacks the tinge of MSG as does Xtracrlyix both them being good for FS36270, just ordered myself a tornado so will need to find something to use for it, probably going to try the AK interactive shade, sitting in my ebay basket 

Edited by PhantomBigStu

5 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

probably going to try the AK interactive shade,

As in the one in the dropper bottle like Vallejo? ak-interactive-ak2013-raf-medium-sea-gre

I got this set

10730-43389-32-720.jpg

It's not very good, but AK like other Spanish paint companies don't seem very good at this. 

Medium Sea Grey in this is like many, slightly muddy, a subtle yellow brown,  which many seem to  while it should have a very slight purple-blue hue.

I need to do some comparison images. 

It's better than  their USN/USMC set which doesn't even understand the subject..... 

Nah their new 3rd gen ones, which are fantastic to use the colour matchs for the RAF ones are awful (this dark green is way too light and green) so probably a fools errand to think their MSG will be ok, not going to order now as I was only going to for FS matched paint and instead going to use an Vallejo I have lying around that's close enough. 

EC202-C62-F8-C0-4-C86-8019-EA7-A92-F0416

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Thanks Chris.

But from my personal experiences with Tamiya and mixing and matching,  it's cobblers. 

examples 

Tamiya XF-21 is 'muddy'  , . Nothing can fix the muddiness,  Sky is a very pale yellowy green,   I used something like XF-59 desert yellow and X-23 clear blue plus a lot of white.  the pigments in real Sky were yellow ochre and ultramarine, which is why I tried those paint.

I used XF-82, which is a blue hued grey  as a basis for both Ocean Grey,  xf-82 plus white and small amount of yellow, which is blue-green hued grey, and for Medium Sea grey  XF-82 plus more white and really tiny amount of red which just shifted blue into a purple blue.

XF-83 as I have said has a slight yellow-brown to it.   It is impossible to 'shift'  this into MSG. 

Brief aside, and this is simplified, as in these are theoretical 'pure' pigments that don't actually exist.

Primary,  blue, red, yellow

secondary, green (blue+yellow) Orange (red+yellow) purple (blue+Red) 

secondaries mixed togtehr will always go browny,  as will a primary mixed with a secondary not containing that primary.

Given the model paints are complex mixes, far to often they will go 'brown' or 'grey' 

As these these  theoretical 'pure' pigments that don't actually exist, actual artist paint has a several paints with different pigments, eg slightly green yellow and a reddy yellow,  a green blue and a purple blue,  etc plus white (and you get hued white as well)  and black and these allow most colours to be to made with about 10 paints.  

No combination of XF-49 Khaki and XF-52 'Dark Earth' will get Dark Earth.

XF-52 is too red, and more crucially has too much white.   Like the brown problem,  you cannot un-grey a paint.     

Dark Earth is a green hued brown, and has been very difficult to match from the Tamiya paints I have.   

as has been stated by @Casey  the Tamiya range has a limited range of colours,  but crucially the available range are complex pigments mixes,  and small amounts of pigments can make it very difficult to mix with things getting muddy or greyed out.

What you start to find out in a mixing sessions is what the subtle sub pigments are. 

I use a palette and a drop system,  do a basic mix, brush out and note paints used, add a drop, brush out, add a drop, brush out.

Let dry, compare, and refine.  

Some pigemst are very string and can shift a mix way out with a tiny quantity....  And, yes, it's is a long winded and slow process.

And this is why @Casey make mixes using Golden Fluid acrylics,  , which from what I can see come in a range what are basically single pigment paints, using some complex math.

I'm now considering going down the full rabbit hole and getting a spectrometer,  as mixing and matching requires a clear day to really check the results properly.     And lots of strips of plastic card with  ranges of mixes...... 

And a viewing card. .....     and then tranquilisers and a dark room with no sharp objects.... :mental:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2023 at 4:07 PM, Troy Smith said:

The vaguely local shop does stock Vallejo, but the only way to check further would be with a MAP chart and a sunny day and indulging the shop to take paint outside to squint at the colour in the bottles....

Nice idea but I don’t think it would work even if some masochist were to try it. My wallet and I know to our cost that the colour visible at the bottom of a settled Vallejo bottle can be very different from what the contents look like when properly mixed and thinned.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Troy Smith said:

I'm now considering going down the full rabbit hole and getting a spectrometer,  as mixing and matching requires a clear day to really check the results properly.

Oh boy. But in the long run it can be cheaper than lots of paints :)

1 hour ago, Seahawk said:

I don’t think it would work even if some masochist were to try it

I kinda am doing that but more scientifically. I get real paint samples. Since I have equipment and head start, maybe I should take this problem? I would limit it to:

"Finding existing modeller paints that have close matches to MAP colors, no mixing, no ancient/impossible to get paints - only what you can buy currently"

with further limit:

"Acrylics first."

and keep it updated...

You know what? Let me start to work on it. I'll post it as soon as I have something compiled.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/4/2023 at 4:15 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

Here goes, trying to create a bit of potentially sticky future thread for RAF paint colours.

1. WW2 Colours were known as Ministry of Aircraft Production colours, can be found in the RAF Museum book, I have an image but not sure of copyright reposting it you can find it on google

2. Post War colours come from at least two british Standards eventually complied as BS381c, available here https://britishstandardcolour.com/

3. These are different, whilst many colours appear in both or are similar successors to others they are not the same, there can be quite a different between supposedly the same colour

Well, things were actually a bit different...

The production of cards showing the colours to be used for the finish of military aircraft was responsibility of the Air Ministry up to 1940, All colours developed before that date were issued by this ministry.

In 1940 the Ministry for Aircraft Production was established and this took over the role of issuing colour standards for aircraft finishes. These are what we now generally call the "MAP colours". The list of MAP colours of course changed during the war years as new colours were added as a result of the need for new camouflage schemes.

In 1946 MAP was absorbed into the Ministry of Supply and this started issuing their own set of colours. Most MAP colours were incorporated in the MoS list of colours, however some were dropped since they were not supposed to have any further use (Ocean Grey is one such colour).

All British military aircraft colours kept being taken from the MoS list until most of these were incorporated in the 1964 revision of BS.381c. Starting from around that time, official colour specifications started making reference to the colours in the BS.381c standard, although references to previous standards did not disappear overnight.

Mind that I wrote "most of these", some were not incorporated in BS.381c because of the presence in that standard of colours that were deemed close enough (all markings colours though, not those used for camouflage purpose).

BS.381c itself went through a number of revisions and colours used on military aircraft were sometimes added and sometimes dropped from the standard. The colours added were colours that the Services had selected for certain use from other standards, like the ones that were taken from BS.4800. The latter is not a standard aimed at military aircraft colours, however in certain cases whoever was searching for a new colour found in that standard colours that were deemed suitable. All these, after their use by the Services, were later incorporated in BS.381c.

The above historical summary tries to explain the link between WW2 colours and their position into the postwar BS.381c standard. This also explain how the colours that today carry the same names of the ones introduced in WW2 are not necessarily different colours ! They are actually the same colours included in the MoS list, list that took over the MAP list. With some exceptions.... I've already mentioned how some MAP colours were discarded from the MoS list, there's also the matter that the MoS list often includes more than one entry for the same colour. For example Sky was present as both 9 and 9A, although the two have been described as practically identical. It was 9A that was incorporated in BS.381c.

Regarding differences between the colours in BS.381c and those in the MAP list, in theory the colours should be the same for those that can trace a direct link. It is of course entirely possible that the MoS cards did not perfectly match the older MAP cards so that something did change in the meantime. Unfortunately, while MAP colours are generally discussed at length, not much research seems to be devoted to the era when MoS was in charge. We've seen chips covering the MAP listed colours but personally I've never seen such a document with the MoS colours....

• Thanks 3

Since I'm the mood, some more bits of history, this time relating to this point:

On 2/4/2023 at 4:15 PM, PhantomBigStu said:

4. They do not match Federal Standard, whilst there are some similar colours and the odd one close there is variation

Well, most don't but some are supposed to, at least in theory...

It is of course true that the Air Ministry/MAP/MoS/BS381c colours were developed indipendently from the various revisions of FS.595. It is also true that most such matches are really only the result of modellers of companies attempting to simplify things when it comes to the use of paints in the hobby. Attempt that I personally do not support, Dark Green is Dark Green to me. Of course at the same time if some other FS matched paint is close enough this may allow me to save on modelling paints but if I'm into models of RAF aircraft I'd rather have a good match Dark Green and nothing else...

Said that, we have to consider that FS.595 is, like BS381, just a "catalogue" of colours, many of which existed before this standard was introduced in 1956. We also have to keep in mind that FS595 was the replacement for a previous colour standards, named TT-C-595 and first issued in 1950. This in itself included all the colours present in the previous ANA Bulletin No.157 and here's where the connection with the MAP colours lies as this included a number of colours of British origin, in particular Sky, Dark Earth and MiddleStone (respectively as 610, 617 and 615). These were then passed into TT-C-595 and from there into FS.595 and its later revisions as 34424, 30118 and 30266.

Now are these colours as represented in FS595 the same as the ones in the MAP list ? They should be in theory but the reality is that many colours in FS.595 were not actually identical to the same colours in ANA Bulletin 157. I remember someone telling me that sometime colours even differed between different revisions of FS.595, even when there was no reason for that.

All the above shows once more a fact we often don't consider: standards do change over time, sometime for good reasons and sometime without any immediately rational explanation. Whenever colours "migrate" from one standard to the other everything can happen, the colour may remain the same but may also change by little or not so little.

• Thanks 1

Can of worms....and then some. Anway back to my medium sea grey quest, seems I was wrong to be so dismisses of humbrol, painted my mossie's underside, the same pot under the same light conditions looks different, I've checked and the paint hasn't shifted, those two greys that look different to the digital and actual eyeball are identical..... 

D7-EA8-BDF-F6-EB-4-A40-8674-F0-AC6-AD067CB2-E93-F5-CACD-4-E12-92-D7-D9-E2-A86962

I've hid content of this post (you can still see it if you open the spoiler) but please look at the most updated entry in this forum thread to see most current measurements

Spoiler

I do have a prototype of my software kind of ready, now I need more paint data and better output, but here goes what it did for now. And I also fixed that data loading bug (hopefully).

@Troy Smith, @stevehnz - you might find some results from those matches surprising. Like, Dark Green is much better match in RLM range than anywhere else on Humbrol paints...

The results are for Humbrol and Revell paints sets, since I have complete measurements of those, plus whatever I had currently measured with Vallejo, Hataka and and Tamiya

All calculations are done on reflectances comparison (spectrophotometer raw readouts), DE00 is calculated using reflectance->LAB color conversion (using D65/10 light source/observer) then comparing the LAB values. RGB is just a display conversion from LAB to sRGB color space, for visualization purposes. LAB values are also provided.

Names of paints are provided including the paint ID, paint number (for example AA2240 and AB0240 vendor ID's both represent Humbrol No 240) and names plus vendor equivalences if provided on bottle.

Some paints I have duplicate measurements from different batches. Names and equivalences from vendors are not used for any color matching here - if some vendor calls paint "Real RAF Sky" and it is not - it is not.

I gave it a threshold of DE<=3.0

Target: RAF01 - Light Earth | GU 4.0, RGB: #A98C68 (L*=59.33, a=8.24, b=22.00)
    DE00: 0.93 - #A68A67 - Humbrol - DB0093 | No 93 | Desert Yellow - Matt | GU 4.5 (L*=58.41, a=7.73, b=21.68)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.63 - #AB8B62 - Humbrol - AB0094 | No 94 | Brown Yellow - Matt | GU 2.2 (L*=58.94, a=9.15, b=25.24)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.45 - #B08B64 - Revell - 36117 | Africa brown | GU 3.1 (L*=59.57, a=11.29, b=24.94)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF02 - Dark Earth | GU 3.3, RGB: #77634D (L*=42.79, a=6.21, b=14.76)
    DE00: 0.72 - #76644F - Humbrol - DB0029 | No 29 | Dark Earth - Matt | GU 3.6 (L*=42.99, a=5.84, b=13.66)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.51 - #776347 - Revell - 36182 | Dark earth RAF | GU 2.1 (L*=42.53, a=5.36, b=18.01)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.75 - #746043 - Humbrol - DB0026 | No 26 | Khaki - Matt | GU 3.4 (L*=41.18, a=5.90, b=18.30)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.97 - #7A6757 - Hataka - HTK-A009 | Dark Earth | GU 9.1 (L*=44.46, a=6.03, b=10.99)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF03 - Light Green | GU 2.9, RGB: #646857 (L*=42.92, a=-3.11, b=8.69)
    DE00: 0.82 - #626755 - Humbrol - AA2252 | No 252 | RLM 82 Olivgrun - Matt | GU 2.2 (L*=42.38, a=-3.59, b=9.28)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.69 - #676B5D - Vallejo - 71.260 | Light Grey RLM63 | RLM63 Hellgrau | RLM63 | GU 1.5 (L*=44.18, a=-3.05, b=7.04)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.68 - #5C6150 - Humbrol - DB0102 | No 102 | Army Green - Matt | GU 4.6 (L*=40.09, a=-3.83, b=8.69)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF04 - Dark Green | GU 2.6, RGB: #55584C (L*=36.49, a=-2.32, b=6.25)
    DE00: 1.56 - #58584B - Humbrol - AB0253 | No 253 | RLM 83 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 0.8 (L*=36.68, a=-1.32, b=7.09)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.64 - #525347 - Hataka - HTK-A016 | Dark Green | GU 9.6 (L*=34.74, a=-2.00, b=7.00)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.90 - #515349 - Humbrol - AA1287 | No 116 | US Dark Green - Matt | GU 2.1 (L*=34.52, a=-1.64, b=5.59)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.91 - #545549 - Humbrol - AA2253 | No 253 | RLM 83 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 2.4 (L*=35.41, a=-1.08, b=6.41)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.29 - #54544C - Revell - 36142 | Yellowish olive | GU 1.8 (L*=35.30, a=-1.02, b=4.63)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.44 - #5B5D4E - Humbrol - DB0085 | No 86 | Light Olive - Matt | GU 9.2 (L*=38.62, a=-2.76, b=8.37)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.64 - #4E5447 - Revell - 36168 | Dark green RAF | GU 2.1 (L*=34.61, a=-4.07, b=6.63)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.86 - #51594C - Revell - 36165 | Bronze green | RAL 6031 | GU 2.9 (L*=36.53, a=-4.67, b=6.20)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF05 - Extra Dark Sea Green | GU 2.9, RGB: #526059 (L*=39.26, a=-5.90, b=2.28)
    DE00: 1.69 - #4D5C57 - Humbrol - AA1612 | No 149 | Dark Green - Matt | GU 2.9 (L*=37.84, a=-6.41, b=1.11)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.92 - #4E5B52 - Humbrol - DB0030 | No 30 | Dark Green - Matt | GU 3.2 (L*=37.39, a=-6.09, b=3.55)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.63 - #505F52 - Revell - 36139 | Dark green | GU 2.2 (L*=38.49, a=-7.02, b=5.24)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF06 - Grey Green | GU 3.2, RGB: #738971 (L*=54.38, a=-9.96, b=10.13)
    No matches with DE00<=3.00
Target: RAF07 - Medium Sea Grey | GU 3.0, RGB: #889098 (L*=59.60, a=-1.97, b=-5.01)
    DE00: 2.35 - #808C93 - Revell - 36157 | Grey | RAL 7000 | GU 3.5 (L*=57.66, a=-3.24, b=-5.09)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF08 - Dark Sea Grey | GU 3.5, RGB: #6A7078 (L*=47.08, a=-0.75, b=-5.23)
    DE00: 2.69 - #696E71 - Humbrol - DB0156 | No 156 | Dark Camouflage Grey - Satin | GU 7.3 (L*=46.32, a=-1.22, b=-2.34)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.72 - #646B70 - Humbrol - DB0027 | No 27 | Sea Grey - Matt | GU 10.5 (L*=44.86, a=-1.63, b=-3.87)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF09 - Extra Dark Sea Grey | GU 4.4, RGB: #5C626A (L*=41.40, a=-0.76, b=-5.06)
    DE00: 0.49 - #5E626A - Revell - 36174 | Gunship grey | GU 3.1 (L*=41.71, a=-0.66, b=-4.58)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.06 - #5D6369 - Humbrol - AA1376 | No 125 | US Dark Grey - Satin | GU 11.4 (L*=41.86, a=-1.20, b=-4.16)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.53 - #5F6368 - Humbrol - AA1417 | No 128 | US Compass Grey - Satin | GU 31.6 (L*=41.98, a=-0.63, b=-3.35)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.69 - #616369 - Humbrol - AB0246 | No 246 | RLM 75 Grauviolett - Matt | GU 1.3 (L*=42.18, a=-0.14, b=-3.51)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.74 - #5B5F64 - Humbrol - DB0123 | No 123 | Extra Dark Sea Grey - Satin | GU 18.4 (L*=40.25, a=-0.82, b=-3.39)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.47 - #62666A - Humbrol - AA1780 | No 164 | Dark Sea Grey - Satin | GU 25.9 (L*=43.00, a=-0.83, b=-2.72)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF10 - Ocean Grey | GU 5.5, RGB: #6A7277 (L*=47.77, a=-2.68, b=-3.25)
    DE00: 1.51 - #6B7374 - Humbrol - AA0059 | No 5 | Dark Admiralty Grey - Gloss | GU 90.8 (L*=47.89, a=-2.95, b=-1.64)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.76 - #646F75 - Revell - 36179 | Greyish blue | RAL 7031 | GU 1.9 (L*=46.29, a=-2.90, b=-4.43)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.48 - #696E71 - Humbrol - DB0156 | No 156 | Dark Camouflage Grey - Satin | GU 7.3 (L*=46.32, a=-1.22, b=-2.34)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF11 - Light Slate Grey | GU 3.0, RGB: #677267 (L*=46.63, a=-5.35, b=4.49)
    DE00: 2.08 - #636C63 - Humbrol - AA0343 | No 31 | Slate Grey - Matt | GU 7.5 (L*=44.65, a=-4.58, b=4.22)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 3.00 - #66776C - Hataka - HTK-A025 | Interior Grey-Green | GU 17.4 (L*=48.37, a=-7.70, b=4.51)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF12 - Dark Slate Grey | GU 4.2, RGB: #676960 (L*=43.76, a=-1.34, b=4.17)
    DE00: 2.20 - #626660 - Revell - 36167 | Greenish grey | RAL 7009 | GU 2.3 (L*=42.63, a=-2.58, b=3.12)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.40 - #60625B - Humbrol - AA7224 | No 224 | Dark Slate Grey - Matt | GU 3.0 (L*=41.19, a=-1.47, b=3.58)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF13 - Sky Grey | GU 3.0, RGB: #A5A9AA (L*=69.08, a=-1.21, b=-0.68)
Target: RAF14 - Sky | GU 3.3, RGB: #B3BBA3 (L*=74.26, a=-5.19, b=11.14)
    DE00: 1.72 - #B0BDA5 - Revell - 36159 | Sky RAF | GU 3.4 (L*=74.60, a=-6.50, b=10.16)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF15 - Deep Sky | GU 4.8, RGB: #385379 (L*=36.04, a=-2.70, b=-22.79)
    DE00: 1.58 - #425679 - Revell - 36156 | Blue | RAL 5000 | GU 2.2 (L*=37.26, a=-1.39, b=-20.70)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF16 - Sky Blue | GU 4.4, RGB: #B6C3C8 (L*=78.06, a=-3.78, b=-3.60)
Target: RAF17 - Azure Blue | GU 3.3, RGB: #899DC6 (L*=65.56, a=-1.32, b=-22.16)
Target: RAF18 - Light Mediterranean Blue | GU 3.2, RGB: #5F7290 (L*=48.39, a=-2.32, b=-17.30)
Target: RAF19 - Dark Mediterranean Blue | GU 2.7, RGB: #415373 (L*=36.05, a=-1.06, b=-19.18)
    DE00: 1.27 - #425679 - Revell - 36156 | Blue | RAL 5000 | GU 2.2 (L*=37.26, a=-1.39, b=-20.70)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.77 - #3C4D76 - Humbrol - DB0025 | No 25 | Blue - Matt | GU 5.1 (L*=34.35, a=0.98, b=-23.90)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF20 - P.R.U. Blue | GU 2.9, RGB: #536E79 (L*=45.13, a=-7.73, b=-8.87)
    DE00: 2.42 - #5B6F79 - Humbrol - AB0230 | No 230 | Pru Blue - Matt | GU 1.3 (L*=46.03, a=-5.55, b=-7.54)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF21 - Middle Stone | GU 3.1, RGB: #A6864C (L*=56.71, a=8.21, b=34.64)
Target: RAF22 - Night | GU 2.2, RGB: #3A3C3D (L*=25.10, a=-0.20, b=-1.08)
    DE00: 0.14 - #3A3B3D - Humbrol - DB0021 | No 21 | Black - Gloss | GU 45.3 (L*=25.05, a=-0.28, b=-1.01)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 0.15 - #3B3C3D - Humbrol - DB0085 | No 85 | Black - Satin | GU 19.5 (L*=25.23, a=-0.23, b=-0.96)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 0.33 - #393B3D - Tamiya - XF-1 | Flat Black | GU 3.9 (L*=24.80, a=-0.36, b=-1.18)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 0.52 - #3C3D3E - Humbrol - AA0360 | No 33 | Black - Matt | GU 2.2 (L*=25.66, a=-0.06, b=-0.82)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 0.97 - #38393A - Revell - 36302 | Black | RAL 9005 | GU 11.1 (L*=23.78, a=-0.19, b=-0.92)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.05 - #383939 - Humbrol - DB0033 | No 33 | Black - Matt | GU 3.9 (L*=23.81, a=-0.21, b=-0.60)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.16 - #373939 - Revell - 36107 | Black | RAL 9005 | GU 79.8 (L*=23.69, a=-0.37, b=-0.59)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.20 - #3E3F40 - Revell - 36106 | Tar black | RAL 9021 | GU 2.3 (L*=26.62, a=-0.32, b=-0.66)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.02 - #373736 - Revell - 36108 | Black | RAL 9011 | GU 1.4 (L*=22.97, a=0.01, b=0.22)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF23 - Yellow | GU 4.6, RGB: #E7A434 (L*=70.29, a=20.02, b=61.72)
    DE00: 2.61 - #DBA02C - Vallejo - 71.078 | Yellow RLM04 | RLM04 Gelb | FS33538 | RLM04 | ANA614 | BS356 | GU 2.5 (L*=68.10, a=16.99, b=62.34)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.65 - #F1A618 - Humbrol - DB0154 | No 154 | Insignia Yellow - Matt | GU 9.6 (L*=71.51, a=23.83, b=71.17)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF24 - Red | GU 2.7, RGB: #8D4C3F (L*=39.34, a=25.19, b=19.00)
Target: RAF25 - Blue | GU 2.4, RGB: #3B475A (L*=30.36, a=-1.24, b=-12.26)
    DE00: 2.59 - #444E61 - Vallejo - 71.005 | Grey Blue | Azul Gris | RAL5008 | GU 1.5 (L*=33.44, a=-0.59, b=-11.57)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF26 - Aluminium | GU 58.9 | Metallic, RGB: #CECED0 (L*=82.90, a=-0.01, b=-0.91)
    DE00: 0.93 - #D1D2D4 - Humbrol - MET27002 | No 27002 | Polished Aluminium - Metalcote | GU 10.8 | Metallic (L*=84.26, a=0.04, b=-1.08)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.43 - #C8C9CA - Humbrol - MET27001 | No 27001 | Aluminium - Metalcote | GU 5.2 | Metallic (L*=80.83, a=0.10, b=-0.67)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.99 - #C6C5C3 - Humbrol - DB0189 | No 189 | Chrome Silver - Metallic | GU 89.6 | Metallic (L*=79.57, a=0.00, b=1.06)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF27 - Matt Red | GU 2.8, RGB: #A5353B (L*=38.79, a=42.87, b=21.06)
    DE00: 1.10 - #A0383A - Humbrol - DB0153 | No 153 | Insignia Red - Matt | GU 4.1 (L*=38.25, a=40.22, b=20.78)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.26 - #A53739 - Humbrol - DB0019 | No 19 | Red - Gloss | GU 90.2 (L*=38.90, a=41.76, b=22.76)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.45 - #A52C37 - Revell - 36134 | Italian Red | GU 88.5 (L*=37.37, a=45.10, b=22.20)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.55 - #9A393F - Humbrol - AA6608 | No 220 | Racing Red - Gloss | GU 100.0 (L*=37.61, a=37.49, b=17.07)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.60 - #A42B31 - Tamiya - XF-7 | Flat Red | GU 1.0 (L*=36.83, a=45.63, b=25.20)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.98 - #9B403E - Humbrol - DB0020 | No 20 | Crimson - Gloss | GU 84.2 (L*=38.98, a=34.88, b=19.18)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF28 - Matt Blue | GU 5.4, RGB: #40517A (L*=35.74, a=1.66, b=-24.28)
    DE00: 1.26 - #3C4D76 - Humbrol - DB0025 | No 25 | Blue - Matt | GU 5.1 (L*=34.35, a=0.98, b=-23.90)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 2.91 - #425679 - Revell - 36156 | Blue | RAL 5000 | GU 2.2 (L*=37.26, a=-1.39, b=-20.70)
   100x100100x100
Target: RAF29 - Semi Matt Black | GU 5.0, RGB: #3B3C3D (L*=25.22, a=-0.20, b=-0.77)
    DE00: 0.19 - #3B3C3D - Humbrol - DB0085 | No 85 | Black - Satin | GU 19.5 (L*=25.23, a=-0.23, b=-0.96)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 0.29 - #3A3B3D - Humbrol - DB0021 | No 21 | Black - Gloss | GU 45.3 (L*=25.05, a=-0.28, b=-1.01)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 0.39 - #3C3D3E - Humbrol - AA0360 | No 33 | Black - Matt | GU 2.2 (L*=25.66, a=-0.06, b=-0.82)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 0.55 - #393B3D - Tamiya - XF-1 | Flat Black | GU 3.9 (L*=24.80, a=-0.36, b=-1.18)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.04 - #383939 - Humbrol - DB0033 | No 33 | Black - Matt | GU 3.9 (L*=23.81, a=-0.21, b=-0.60)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.05 - #3E3F40 - Revell - 36106 | Tar black | RAL 9021 | GU 2.3 (L*=26.62, a=-0.32, b=-0.66)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.06 - #38393A - Revell - 36302 | Black | RAL 9005 | GU 11.1 (L*=23.78, a=-0.19, b=-0.92)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.16 - #373939 - Revell - 36107 | Black | RAL 9005 | GU 79.8 (L*=23.69, a=-0.37, b=-0.59)
   100x100100x100
    DE00: 1.92 - #373736 - Revell - 36108 | Black | RAL 9011 | GU 1.4 (L*=22.97, a=0.01, b=0.22)
   100x100100x100

Now this is a bit of a raw data - you need to compare gloss level too - it is specified as GU number. Values that are closer to target are better. If GU <10 you can think of color as being matt (<3 is dead matt) 10-30 as satin, more is progressively more glossy. 90 or 100 is "sports car gloss"

That also means - if a match is having relatively low DE but large difference in GU (gloss units) it will look wildly different until you modify the paint with the matching varnish. Good test could be Humbrol No 5 (Dark Admiralty Grey) being a possible match to Ocean Grey.

The GU numbers are real measurements, no matter what Humbrol claims on their paints :)

And here is curent list of paints that I've checked the matches with in above compilation:

Spoiler

Paint set name: Humbrol
A1701 | No 157 | Azure Blue - Matt | GU 1.3
A6238 | No 187 | Dark Stone - Matt | GU 1.5
AA0046 | No 46 | Orange - Matt | GU 8.5
AA0059 | No 5 | Dark Admiralty Grey - Gloss | GU 90.8
AA0076 | No 7 | Light Buff - Gloss| GU 95.2
AA0134 | No 12 | Copper - Metallic | GU 8.7 | Metallic
AA0173 | No 173 | Track Colour - Matt | GU 1.3
AA0234 | No 234 | Dark Flesh - Matt | GU 4.4
AA0343 | No 31 | Slate Grey - Matt | GU 7.5
AA0360 | No 33 | Black - Matt | GU 2.2
AA0549 | No 50 | Green Mist - Metallic | GU 94.3 | Metallic
AA0552 | No 51 | Sunset Red - Metallic | GU 95.3 | Metallic
AA0583 | No 53 | Gunmetal - Metallic | GU 1.2 | Metallic
AA0727 | No 65 | Aircraft Blue - Matt | GU 5.0
AA0770 | No 66 | Olive Drab - Matt | GU 5.9
AA0775 | No 70 | Brick Red - Matt | GU 3.1
AA0802 | No 73 | Wine - Matt | GU 1.3
AA0816 | No 74 | Linen - Matt | GU 7.9
AA0833 | No 75 | Bronze Green - Matt | GU 2.0
AA0847 | No 76 | Uniform Green  - Matt | GU 2.1
AA0850 | No 77 | Navy Blue - Matt | GU 1.7
AA0878 | No 79 | Blue Grey - Matt | GU 4.3
AA0905 | No 82 | Orange Lining - Matt | GU 4.1
AA0919 | No 83 | Ochre - Matt | GU 5.3
AA0922 | No 84 | Mid Stone - Matt | GU 4.1
AA0967 | No 87 | Steel Grey - Matt | GU 6.9
AA0970 | No 88 | Deck Green - Matt | GU 2.0
AA1105 | No 100 | Red Brown - Matt | GU 3.8
AA1119 | No 101 | Mid Green - Matt | GU 2.9
AA1167 | No 105 | Marine Green - Matt | GU 7.1
AA1287 | No 116 | US Dark Green - Matt | GU 2.1
AA1314 | No 119 | Light Earth - Matt | GU 4.5
AA1328 | No 120 | Light Green - Matt | GU 3.1
AA1331 | No 121 | Pale Stone - Matt | GU 7.0
AA1376 | No 125 | US Dark Grey - Satin | GU 11.4
AA1393 | No 126 | US Medium Grey - Satin | GU 37.9
AA1417 | No 128 | US Compass Grey - Satin | GU 31.6
AA1420 | No 129 | US Gull Grey - Satin | GU 21.6
AA1448 | No 131 | Mid Green - Satin | GU 21.1
AA1451 | No 132 | Red - Satin | GU 11.0
AA1465 | No 133 | Brown - Satin | GU 33.0
AA1496 | No 28 | Camouflage Grey - Matt | GU 17.2
AA1523 | No 140 | Gull Grey - Matt | GU 5.4
AA1568 | No 144 | Intermediate Blue - Matt | GU 4.8
AA1571 | No 145 | Medium Grey - Matt | GU 11.6
AA1599 | No 147 | Light Grey - Matt | GU 6.1
AA1609 | No 148 | Radome Tan - Matt | GU 19.1
AA1612 | No 149 | Dark Green - Matt | GU 2.9
AA1626 | No 150 | Forest Green - Matt | GU 1.4
AA1729 | No 159 | Khaki Drab - Matt | GU 2.0
AA1780 | No 164 | Dark Sea Grey - Satin | GU 25.9
AA1804 | No 166 | Light Aircraft Grey - Satin | GU 54.6
AA2240 | No 240 | RLM 02 Grau - Matt | GU 3.9
AA2241 | No 241 | RLM 70 Schwartzgrun - Matt | GU 2.2
AA2241 | No 241 | RLM 70 Schwartzgrun - Matt | GU 3.0
AA2242 | No 242 | RLM 71 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 1.0
AA2247 | No 247 | RLM 76 Lichtblau - Matt | GU 13.9
AA2248 | No 248 | RLM 78 Himmelblau - Matt | GU 3.0
AA2252 | No 252 | RLM 82 Olivgrun - Matt | GU 2.2
AA2253 | No 253 | RLM 83 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 2.4
AA6330 | No 195 | Dark Green - Satin | GU 31.5
AA6344 | No 196 | Light Grey - Satin | GU 29.9
AA6389 | No 200 | Pink - Gloss | GU 91.8
AA6392 | No 201 | Black - Metallic | GU 91.3 | Metallic
AA6608 | No 220 | Racing Red - Gloss | GU 100.0
AA7222 | No 222 | Moonlight Blue - Metallic | GU 95.0 | Metallic
AA7224 | No 224 | Dark Slate Grey - Matt | GU 3.0
AA7225 | No 225 | Middle Stone - Matt | GU 2.6
AB0047 | No 47 | Sea Blue - Gloss | GU 65.0
AB0052 | No 52 | Baltic Blue - Metallic | GU 78.7 | Metallic
AB0065 | No 65 | Aircraft Blue - Matt | GU 6.3
AB0078 | No 78 | Cockpit Green - Matt | GU 4.1
AB0090 | No 90 | Beige Green - Matt | GU 9.5
AB0091 | No 91 | Black Green - Matt | GU 1.6
AB0094 | No 94 | Brown Yellow - Matt | GU 2.2
AB0104 | No 104 | Oxford Blue - Matt | GU 1.4
AB0145 | No 145 | Medium Grey - Matt | GU 2.4
AB0165 | No 165 | Medium Sea Grey - Satin | GU 17.2
AB0167 | No 167 | RAF Barley Grey - Satin | GU 9.2
AB0168 | No 168 | Hemp - Satin | GU 33.8
AB0226 | No 226 | Interior Green - Matt | GU 2.3
AB0230 | No 230 | Pru Blue - Matt | GU 1.3
AB0237 | No 237 | Desert Tan - Matt | GU 1.3
AB0238 | No 238 | Arrow Red - Gloss | GU 65.7
AB0239 | No 239 | British Racing Green - Gloss | GU 56.0
AB0240 | No 240 | RLM 02 Grau - Matt | GU 1.3
AB0241 | No 241 | RLM 70 Schwartzgrun - Matt | GU 4.0
AB0243 | No 243 | RLM 72 Grun - Matt | GU 1.5
AB0244 | No 244 | RLM 73 Grun - Matt | GU 1.4
AB0245 | No 245 | RLM 74 Graugrun - Matt | GU 0.9
AB0246 | No 246 | RLM 75 Grauviolett - Matt | GU 1.3
AB0247 | No 247 | RLM 76 Lichtblau - Matt | GU 12.9
AB0249 | No 249 | RLM 79 Sandgelb - Matt | GU 1.5
AB0251 | No 251 | RLM 81 Dunkelbraun - Matt | GU 0.7
AB0252 | No 252 | RLM 82 Olivgrun - Matt | GU 0.7
AB0253 | No 253 | RLM 83 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 0.8
DB0001 | No 1 | Primer | GU 5.6
DB0002 | No 2 | Emerald Green - Gloss | GU 79.8
DB0003 | No 3 | Brunswick Green - Gloss | GU 63.0
DB0009 | No 9 | Tan - Gloss | GU 76.9
DB0010 | No 10 | Service Brown - Gloss | GU 78.0
DB0011 | No 11 | Silver - Metallic | GU 6.7 | Metallic
DB0012 | No 12 | Copper - Metallic | GU 48.2 | Metallic
DB0014 | No 14 | French Blue - Gloss | GU 80.5
DB0015 | No 15 | Midnight Blue - Gloss | GU 79.7
DB0016 | No 16 | Gold - Metallic | GU 6.4 | Metallic
DB0018 | No 18 | Orange - Gloss | GU 78.0
DB0019 | No 19 | Red - Gloss | GU 90.2
DB0020 | No 20 | Crimson - Gloss | GU 84.2
DB0021 | No 21 | Black - Gloss | GU 45.3
DB0022 | No 22 | White - Gloss | GU 65.9
DB0023 | No 23 | Duck Egg Blue - Matt | GU 4.3
DB0024 | No 24 | Trainer Yellow - Matt | GU 3.6
DB0025 | No 25 | Blue - Matt | GU 5.1
DB0026 | No 26 | Khaki - Matt | GU 3.4
DB0027 | No 27 | Sea Grey - Matt | GU 10.5
DB0029 | No 29 | Dark Earth - Matt | GU 3.6
DB0030 | No 30 | Dark Green - Matt | GU 3.2
DB0032 | No 32 | Dark Grey - Matt | GU 11.2
DB0033 | No 33 | Black - Matt | GU 3.9
DB0034 | No 34 | White - Matt | GU 6.5
DB0036 | No 36 | Pastel Green - Matt | GU 6.9
DB0037 | No 37 | Bright Green - Matt | GU 3.9
DB0038 | No 38 | Lime - Gloss | GU 82.8
DB0040 | No 40 | Pale Grey - Gloss | GU 65.2
DB0041 | No 41 | Ivory - Gloss | GU 58.2
DB0042 | No 42 | Pastel Violet - Matt | GU 4.8
DB0044 | No 44 | Pastel Blue - Matt | GU 7.0
DB0048 | No 48 | Mediterranean Blue - Gloss | GU 71.1
DB0053 | No 53 | Gunmetal - Metallic | GU 6.1 | Metallic
DB0054 | No 54 | Brass - Metallic | GU 8.0 | Metallic
DB0055 | No 55 | Bronze - Metallic | GU 6.7 | Metallic
DB0056 | No 56 | Aluminium - Metallic | GU 14.6 | Metallic
DB0057 | No 57 | Pink - Matt | GU 5.2
DB0058 | No 58 | Magenta - Matt | GU 6.4
DB0060 | No 60 | Scarlett - Matt | GU 3.5
DB0061 | No 61 | Flesh - Matt | GU 5.9
DB0062 | No 62 | Leather - Matt | GU 3.5
DB0063 | No 63 | Sand - Matt | GU 7.1
DB0064 | No 64 | Light Grey - Matt | GU 5.9
DB0067 | No 67 | Matt Tank Grey - Matt | GU 5.2
DB0068 | No 68 | Purple - Gloss | GU 79.1
DB0069 | No 69 | Yellow - Gloss | GU 93.5
DB0071 | No 71 | Oak - Satin | GU 19.7
DB0072 | No 72 | Khaki Drill - Matt | GU 6.8
DB0080 | No 80 | Grass Green - Matt | GU 3.6
DB0081 | No 81 | Pale Yellow - Matt | GU 1.9
DB0085 | No 85 | Black - Satin | GU 19.5
DB0085 | No 86 | Light Olive - Matt | GU 9.2
DB0089 | No 89 | Middle Blue - Matt | GU 5.4
DB0093 | No 93 | Desert Yellow - Matt | GU 4.5
DB0096 | No 96 | RAF Blue - Matt | GU 6.6
DB0098 | No 98 | Chocolate - Matt | GU 3.0
DB0099 | No 99 | Lemon - Matt | GU 8.5
DB0102 | No 102 | Army Green - Matt | GU 4.6
DB0103 | No 103 | Cream - Matt | GU 6.1
DB0106 | No 106 | Ocean Grey - Matt | GU 4.4
DB0109 | No 109 | WWI Blue - Matt | GU 4.7
DB0110 | No 110 | Natural Wood - Matt | GU 6.4
DB0113 | No 113 | Rust - Matt | GU 4.9
DB0117 | No 117 | US Light Green - Matt | GU 3.5
DB0118 | No 118 | US Tan - Matt | GU 5.6
DB0123 | No 123 | Extra Dark Sea Grey - Satin | GU 18.4
DB0127 | No 127 | US Ghost Grey - Satin | GU 19.7
DB0130 | No 130 | White - Satin | GU 27.3
DB0153 | No 153 | Insignia Red - Matt | GU 4.1
DB0154 | No 154 | Insignia Yellow - Matt | GU 9.6
DB0155 | No 155 | Olive Drab - Matt | GU 6.2
DB0156 | No 156 | Dark Camouflage Grey - Satin | GU 7.3
DB0160 | No 160 | German Camouflage Red - Matt | GU 4.9
DB0163 | No 163 | Dark Green - Satin | GU 21.8
DB0171 | No 171 | Antique Bronze - Metallic | GU 7.1 | Metallic
DB0174 | No 174 | Signal Red - Satin | GU 25.2
DB0186 | No 186 | Brown - Matt | GU 4.5
DB0189 | No 189 | Chrome Silver - Metallic | GU 89.6 | Metallic
DB0208 | No 208 | Fluorescent Signal Green - Gloss | GU 11.3 | Fluorescent
DB0209 | No 209 | Fire Orange - Gloss | GU 20.2 | Fluorescent
DB0242 | No 242 | RLM 71 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 1.5
MET27001 | No 27001 | Aluminium - Metalcote | GU 5.2 | Metallic
MET27002 | No 27002 | Polished Aluminium - Metalcote | GU 10.8 | Metallic
MET27003 | No 27003 | Polished Steel - Metalcote | GU 47.4 | Metallic
MET27004 | No 27004 | Gunmetal - Metalcote | GU 5.2 | Metallic

Paint set name: Revell
36104 | White | RAL 9010 | GU 72.8
36105 | White | RAL 9001 | GU 5.7
36106 | Tar black | RAL 9021 | GU 2.3
36107 | Black | RAL 9005 | GU 79.8
36108 | Black | RAL 9011 | GU 1.4
36109 | Anthracite | RAL 7021 | GU 4.7
36112 | Yellow | RAL 1018 | GU 79.5
36115 | Yellow | RAL 1017 | GU 6.5
36116 | Sandy yellow | RAL 1024 | GU 2.6
36117 | Africa brown | GU 3.1
36125 | Luminous orange | GU 3.5 | Fluorescent
36130 | Orange | RAL 2004 | GU 87.7
36131 | Fiery red | RAL 3000 | GU 90.5
36134 | Italian Red | GU 88.5
36135 | Flesh | GU 5.9
36136 | Carmine red | RAL 3002 | GU 3.0
36137 | Reddish brown | RAL 3009 | GU 1.8
36139 | Dark green | GU 2.2
36140 | Black green | GU 2.1
36142 | Yellowish olive | GU 1.8
36143 | Medium grey USAF | GU 2.9
36145 | Light olive | RAL 7003 | GU 2.2
36146 | Nato olive | RAL 7013 | GU 1.6
36147 | Mouse grey | RAL 7005 | GU 2.4
36148 | Sea green | RAL 6028 | GU 2.1
36149 | Light blue | GU 3.1
36150 | Light blue | RAL 5012 | GU 72.9
36151 | Ultramarine | RAL 5002 | GU 85.4
36152 | Blue | RAL 5005 | GU 82.7
36154 | Night blue | RAL 5022 | GU 85.3
36155 | Light green | RAL 6027 | GU 3.3
36156 | Blue | RAL 5000 | GU 2.2
36157 | Grey | RAL 7000 | GU 3.5
36159 | Sky RAF | GU 3.4
36161 | Emerald green | RAL 6029 | GU 82.3
36162 | Sea green | RAL 6005 | GU 88.5
36165 | Bronze green | RAL 6031 | GU 2.9
36166 | Olive grey | RAL 7010 | GU 2.2
36167 | Greenish grey | RAL 7009 | GU 2.3
36168 | Dark green RAF | GU 2.1
36169 | Granite grey | RAL 7026 | GU 1.6
36174 | Gunship grey | GU 3.1
36175 | Stone grey | RAL 7030 | GU 3.5
36176 | Light grey USAF | GU 4.1
36177 | Dust grey | RAL 7012 | GU 3.8
36178 | Tank grey | RAL 7024 | GU 2.9
36179 | Greyish blue | RAL 7031 | GU 1.9
36180| Mud brown | RAL 8003 | GU 82.2
36182 | Dark earth RAF | GU 2.1
36183 | Rust | GU 1.9
36184 | Leather brown | RAL 8027 | GU 1.9
36185 | Brown | RAL 8023 | GU 2.5
36186 | Olive brown | RAL 7008 | GU 2.2
36187 | Earth brown | RAL 7006 | GU 4.8
36188 | Ochre brown | RAL 1011 | GU 2.4
36189 | Beige  | RAL 1019 | GU 2.9
36190 | Silver | GU 76.6 | Metallic
36191 | Steel | GU 4.9 | Metallic
36192 | Brass | GU 54.8 | Metallic
36193 | Copper | GU 60.8 | Metallic
36194 | Gold | GU 53.0 | Metallic
36195 | Bronze | GU 61.5 | Metallic
36199 | Aluminium | GU 9.6 | Metallic
36301 | White | RAL 9010 | GU 20.9
36302 | Black | RAL 9005 | GU 11.1
36310 | Lufthansa Yellow | RAL 1028 | GU 25.6
36312 | Luminous yellow | RAL 1026 | GU 4.9 | Fluorescent
36314 | Beige | RAL 1001 | GU 18.8
36330 | Fiery red | RAL 3000 | GU 16.2
36331 | Purple red | RAL 3004 | GU 17.8
36332 | Luminous red | RAL 3026 | GU 3.7 | Fluorescent
36350 | Lufthansa blue | RAL 5013 | GU 19.6
36360 | Fern green | RAL 6025 | GU 22.2
36361 | Olive green | RAL 6003 | GU 24.5
36362 | Greyish green | RAL 6013 | GU 12.4
36363 | Dark green | RAL 6020 | GU 21.6
36364 | Leaf green | RAL 6001 | GU 20.4
36365 | Patina green | RAL 6000 | GU 38.1
36371 | Light grey | RAL 7035 | GU 17.8
36374 | Grey | RAL 7001 | GU 20.7
36378 | Dark grey | RAL 7012 | GU 28.0
36381 | Brown | RAL 8025 | GU 42.5
36382 | Wood brown  | RAL 8001 | GU 24.0
36730 | Orange | GU 87.2 | Opacity 34.45% | Transparent
36731 | Red | GU 93.0 | Opacity 42.21% | Transparent
36752 | Blue | GU 88.5 | Opacity 48.3 | Transparent

Paint set name: Vallejo
71.001 | White | Blanco | FS37925 | RAL9016 | RLM21 | GU 3.5
71.002 | Medium Yellow | Amarillo Medio | GU 3.0
71.003 | Red RLM 23 | RLM23 Rot | RLM23 | GU 1.6
71.004 | Blue | Azul | GU 1.4
71.005 | Grey Blue | Azul Gris | RAL5008 | GU 1.5
71.006 | Light Green Chromate | Verde Claro Chromo | GU 1.3
71.007 | Olive Green | Verde Oliva | GU 1.2
71.008 | Pale Blue | Azul Claro | FS35414 | GU 2.0
71.009 | Eau De Nil "D.E. Green" | Verde Huevo Pato | BS216 | GU 1.8
71.010 | Interior Green | Verde Interior | FS34098 | GU 3.5
71.011 | Dark Green RLM83 | RLM83 Dunkelgrün | RLM83 | GU 1.2
71.015 | Dark Green RLM71 | RLM71 Dunkelgrün | RLM71 | GU 2.0
71.021 | Black Green RLM70 | RLM70 Schwarzgrün | RLM70 | GU 0.6
71.022 | Light Green RLM82 | RLM82 Hellgrün | RLM82 | GU 0.8
71.042 | Dark Brown RLM61 | RLM61 Dunkelbraun | RLM61 | GU 1.6
71.044 | Grey RLM02 | RLM02 Grau | RLM02 | GU 1.9
71.055 | Black Grey RLM66 | RLM66 Schwarzgrau | RLM66 | GU 1.7
71.078 | Yellow RLM04 | RLM04 Gelb | FS33538 | RLM04 | ANA614 | BS356 | GU 2.5
71.103 | Grey Blue RLM84 | RLM84 Graublau | FS36559 | RLM84 | GU 1.7
71.104 | Green RLM62 | RLM62 Grün | RLM62 | GU 3.4
71.109 | Faded P.R.U. Blue | M485 Blue Gray | FS35189 | BS636 | GU 1.6
71.121 | Light Gull Gray | Gris Gaviota USN | FS36440 | ANA620 | GU 2.6
71.255 | Light Blue RLM65 | RLM65 Hellblau | RLM65 | GU 1.7
71.257 | Light Blue RLM76 | RLM76 Lichtblau | RLM76 | GU 1.7
71.258 | Grey Green RLM74 | RLM74 Graugrün | RLM74 | GU 1.4
71.259 | Grey Violet RLM75 | RLM75 Grauviolett | RLM75 | GU 1.5
71.260 | Light Grey RLM63 | RLM63 Hellgrau | RLM63 | GU 1.5
71.264 | Brown Violet RLM81 | RLM81 Braunviolett | RLM81 | GU 1.2
71.277 | Dark Gull Gray | Gris Gaviota Oscuro | FS36231 | ANA621 | GU 1.7
71.279 | Insignia White | Blanco Insignia | FS37875 | ANA601 | GU 5.2
71.295 | USN Sea Blue | USN Azul Marino | FS35042 | ANA607 | GU 2.2
71.298 | M495 Light Gray | M495 Gris Claro | FS36357 | GU 1.8
71.299 | Intermediate Blue | Azul Intermedio | FS35164 | ANA608 | GU 2.5
71.300 | Glossy Sea Blue | Azul Mar Brillante | FS15042 | ANA623 | GU 24.6

Paint set name: Hataka
HTK-A009 | Dark Earth | GU 9.1
HTK-A015 | Black-Green (RLM70) | GU 7.9
HTK-A016 | Dark Green | GU 9.6
HTK-A017 | Dark Green (RLM71) | GU 10.5
HTK-A023 | Grey (RLM02) | GU 14.1
HTK-A025 | Interior Grey-Green | GU 17.4
HTK-A026 | Sky "Type S" | GU 13.1
HTK-A029 | Light Blue (RLM65/78) | GU 13.2
HTK-A032 | Ocean Grey | GU 13.3
HTK-A034 | Medium Sea Grey | GU 14.2

Paint set name: Tamiya
XF-1 | Flat Black | GU 3.9
XF-10 | Flat Brown | GU 4.4
XF-11 | J.N. Flat Green | GU 4.2
XF-12 | J.N. Gray | GU 2.1
XF-2 | Flat White | GU 9.8
XF-3 | Flat Yellow | GU 4.8
XF-4 | Yellow Green | GU 6.3
XF-5 | Flat Green | GU 3.5
XF-6 | Flat Copper | GU 4.9 | Metallic
XF-7 | Flat Red | GU 1.0
XF-8 | Flat Blue | GU 4.1
XF-9 | Hull Red | GU 5.0

Edited by Casey
Hid the content to reduce confussion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 10

Thanks for putting all that work into this @Casey, some interesting matches there & also omissions. I've long thought Hu 93 was a good match for Light Earth, maybe my Mk 1 eye balls aren't too far from the mark still. I'd be interested to see how Hu 86 goes as a match for light green, I could compare it against my tin of Hu 252. Not surprised to see Hu 106 didn't make the cut for Ocean grey nor Hu 225 for Mid Stone, I've never really rated either of them. Still a lot to digest in this.

Steve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Thanks for putting all that work into this @Casey, some interesting matches there & also omissions. I've long thought Hu 93 was a good match for Light Earth, maybe my Mk 1 eye balls aren't too far from the mark still. I'd be interested to see how Hu 86 goes as a match for light green, I could compare it against my tin of Hu 252. Not surprised to see Hu 106 didn't make the cut for Ocean grey nor Hu 225 for Mid Stone, I've never really rated either of them. Still a lot to digest in this.

Not much as of omissions as just not matches within 3.0 DE target in my database

I can increase target arbitrary - I could update the chart with, for example 4 or even 5.0 DE target - but I personally think anything above 3 is not the best match. Not to mention you will go into territory that Dark Green suddenly matches Light Green :)

DE00: 3.84 - #5B5D4E - Humbrol - DB0085 | No 86 | Light Olive - Matt | GU 9.2 (L*=38.62, a=-2.76, b=8.37)
   100x100100x100

Also, please note that there ARE serious differences between Humbrol acrylics and enamels even if they should be the same color - 86 I have as acrylics only. That's why I give the paint ID too with the matches. Then there is case with some Vallejo having batch difference >2.0 between themselves and having same ID...

Edited by Casey
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

also omissions

To help with those questions, I've updated the post with section that contains list of paints that I've actually checked against the target.

• Like 1

I've hid content of this post (you can still see it if you open the spoiler) but please look at the most updated entry in this forum thread to see most current measurements

Spoiler

I think I might need a better place to have those tables to update them once in a while for various targets :)

Here is the updated (and shortened to only max 1 best result per paints set) with Lifecolor paints.

Targets set: British Aviation Colours of World War Two - Blue
    Found a  match in: Humbrol (compared with 182 paints)
        DE00: 0.93 - #A68A67 - Humbrol - DB0093 | No 93 | Desert Yellow - Matt | GU 4.5 (L*=58.41, a=7.73, b=21.68)
       100x100100x100
    Found a  match in: Revell (compared with 86 paints)
        DE00: 2.45 - #B08B64 - Revell - 36117 | Africa brown | GU 3.1 (L*=59.57, a=11.29, b=24.94)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 0.72 - #76644F - Humbrol - DB0029 | No 29 | Dark Earth - Matt | GU 3.6 (L*=42.99, a=5.84, b=13.66)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 2.51 - #776347 - Revell - 36182 | Dark earth RAF | GU 2.1 (L*=42.53, a=5.36, b=18.01)
       100x100100x100
    Found a  match in: Hataka (compared with 10 paints)
        DE00: 2.97 - #7A6757 - Hataka - HTK-A009 | Dark Earth | GU 9.1 (L*=44.46, a=6.03, b=10.99)
       100x100100x100
    Found a  match in: Lifecolor (compared with 6 paints)
        DE00: 0.84 - #7A644D - Lifecolor - UA 547 | Dark Earth | *FS 30118 | GU 6.3 (L*=43.37, a=6.66, b=15.72)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 0.82 - #626755 - Humbrol - AA2252 | No 252 | RLM 82 Olivgrun - Matt | GU 2.2 (L*=42.38, a=-3.59, b=9.28)
       100x100100x100
    Found a  match in: Vallejo (compared with 34 paints)
        DE00: 1.69 - #676B5D - Vallejo - 71.260 | Light Grey RLM63 | RLM63 Hellgrau | RLM63 | GU 1.5 (L*=44.18, a=-3.05, b=7.04)
       100x100100x100
    Found a  match in: Lifecolor (compared with 6 paints)
        DE00: 1.21 - #616553 - Lifecolor - UA 548 | Light Green | FS 34102 | GU 6.4 (L*=41.73, a=-3.57, b=8.95)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 1.56 - #58584B - Humbrol - AB0253 | No 253 | RLM 83 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 0.8 (L*=36.68, a=-1.32, b=7.09)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 2.29 - #54544C - Revell - 36142 | Yellowish olive | GU 1.8 (L*=35.30, a=-1.02, b=4.63)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 1.64 - #525347 - Hataka - HTK-A016 | Dark Green | GU 9.6 (L*=34.74, a=-2.00, b=7.00)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF05 - Extra Dark Sea Green | GU 2.9, RGB: #526059 (L*=39.26, a=-5.90, b=2.28)
        DE00: 1.69 - #4D5C57 - Humbrol - AA1612 | No 149 | Dark Green - Matt | GU 2.9 (L*=37.84, a=-6.41, b=1.11)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 2.63 - #505F52 - Revell - 36139 | Dark green | GU 2.2 (L*=38.49, a=-7.02, b=5.24)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF07 - Medium Sea Grey | GU 3.0, RGB: #889098 (L*=59.60, a=-1.97, b=-5.01)
        DE00: 2.35 - #808C93 - Revell - 36157 | Grey | RAL 7000 | GU 3.5 (L*=57.66, a=-3.24, b=-5.09)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF08 - Dark Sea Grey | GU 3.5, RGB: #6A7078 (L*=47.08, a=-0.75, b=-5.23)
        DE00: 2.69 - #696E71 - Humbrol - DB0156 | No 156 | Dark Camouflage Grey - Satin | GU 7.3 (L*=46.32, a=-1.22, b=-2.34)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF09 - Extra Dark Sea Grey | GU 4.4, RGB: #5C626A (L*=41.40, a=-0.76, b=-5.06)
        DE00: 1.06 - #5D6369 - Humbrol - AA1376 | No 125 | US Dark Grey - Satin | GU 11.4 (L*=41.86, a=-1.20, b=-4.16)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 0.49 - #5E626A - Revell - 36174 | Gunship grey | GU 3.1 (L*=41.71, a=-0.66, b=-4.58)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF10 - Ocean Grey | GU 5.5, RGB: #6A7277 (L*=47.77, a=-2.68, b=-3.25)
        DE00: 1.51 - #6B7374 - Humbrol - AA0059 | No 5 | Dark Admiralty Grey - Gloss | GU 90.8 (L*=47.89, a=-2.95, b=-1.64)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 1.76 - #646F75 - Revell - 36179 | Greyish blue | RAL 7031 | GU 1.9 (L*=46.29, a=-2.90, b=-4.43)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF11 - Light Slate Grey | GU 3.0, RGB: #677267 (L*=46.63, a=-5.35, b=4.49)
        DE00: 2.08 - #636C63 - Humbrol - AA0343 | No 31 | Slate Grey - Matt | GU 7.5 (L*=44.65, a=-4.58, b=4.22)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 3.00 - #66776C - Hataka - HTK-A025 | Interior Grey-Green | GU 17.4 (L*=48.37, a=-7.70, b=4.51)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF12 - Dark Slate Grey | GU 4.2, RGB: #676960 (L*=43.76, a=-1.34, b=4.17)
        DE00: 2.40 - #60625B - Humbrol - AA7224 | No 224 | Dark Slate Grey - Matt | GU 3.0 (L*=41.19, a=-1.47, b=3.58)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 2.20 - #626660 - Revell - 36167 | Greenish grey | RAL 7009 | GU 2.3 (L*=42.63, a=-2.58, b=3.12)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF13 - Sky Grey | GU 3.0, RGB: #A5A9AA (L*=69.08, a=-1.21, b=-0.68)
        DE00: 1.72 - #B0BDA5 - Revell - 36159 | Sky RAF | GU 3.4 (L*=74.60, a=-6.50, b=10.16)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF15 - Deep Sky | GU 4.8, RGB: #385379 (L*=36.04, a=-2.70, b=-22.79)
        DE00: 1.58 - #425679 - Revell - 36156 | Blue | RAL 5000 | GU 2.2 (L*=37.26, a=-1.39, b=-20.70)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF16 - Sky Blue | GU 4.4, RGB: #B6C3C8 (L*=78.06, a=-3.78, b=-3.60)
Target: RAF17 - Azure Blue | GU 3.3, RGB: #899DC6 (L*=65.56, a=-1.32, b=-22.16)
Target: RAF18 - Light Mediterranean Blue | GU 3.2, RGB: #5F7290 (L*=48.39, a=-2.32, b=-17.30)
Target: RAF19 - Dark Mediterranean Blue | GU 2.7, RGB: #415373 (L*=36.05, a=-1.06, b=-19.18)
        DE00: 2.77 - #3C4D76 - Humbrol - DB0025 | No 25 | Blue - Matt | GU 5.1 (L*=34.35, a=0.98, b=-23.90)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 1.27 - #425679 - Revell - 36156 | Blue | RAL 5000 | GU 2.2 (L*=37.26, a=-1.39, b=-20.70)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF20 - P.R.U. Blue | GU 2.9, RGB: #536E79 (L*=45.13, a=-7.73, b=-8.87)
        DE00: 2.42 - #5B6F79 - Humbrol - AB0230 | No 230 | Pru Blue - Matt | GU 1.3 (L*=46.03, a=-5.55, b=-7.54)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF21 - Middle Stone | GU 3.1, RGB: #A6864C (L*=56.71, a=8.21, b=34.64)
Target: RAF22 - Night | GU 2.2, RGB: #3A3C3D (L*=25.10, a=-0.20, b=-1.08)
        DE00: 0.14 - #3A3B3D - Humbrol - DB0021 | No 21 | Black - Gloss | GU 45.3 (L*=25.05, a=-0.28, b=-1.01)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 0.97 - #38393A - Revell - 36302 | Black | RAL 9005 | GU 11.1 (L*=23.78, a=-0.19, b=-0.92)
       100x100100x100
    Found a  match in: Tamiya (compared with 12 paints)
        DE00: 0.33 - #393B3D - Tamiya - XF-1 | Flat Black | GU 3.9 (L*=24.80, a=-0.36, b=-1.18)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF23 - Yellow | GU 4.6, RGB: #E7A434 (L*=70.29, a=20.02, b=61.72)
        DE00: 2.65 - #F1A618 - Humbrol - DB0154 | No 154 | Insignia Yellow - Matt | GU 9.6 (L*=71.51, a=23.83, b=71.17)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 2.61 - #DBA02C - Vallejo - 71.078 | Yellow RLM04 | RLM04 Gelb | FS33538 | RLM04 | ANA614 | BS356 | GU 2.5 (L*=68.10, a=16.99, b=62.34)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF24 - Red | GU 2.7, RGB: #8D4C3F (L*=39.34, a=25.19, b=19.00)
Target: RAF25 - Blue | GU 2.4, RGB: #3B475A (L*=30.36, a=-1.24, b=-12.26)
        DE00: 2.59 - #444E61 - Vallejo - 71.005 | Grey Blue | Azul Gris | RAL5008 | GU 1.5 (L*=33.44, a=-0.59, b=-11.57)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF26 - Aluminium | GU 58.9 | Metallic, RGB: #CECED0 (L*=82.90, a=-0.01, b=-0.91)
        DE00: 0.93 - #D1D2D4 - Humbrol - MET27002 | No 27002 | Polished Aluminium - Metalcote | GU 10.8 | Metallic (L*=84.26, a=0.04, b=-1.08)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF27 - Matt Red | GU 2.8, RGB: #A5353B (L*=38.79, a=42.87, b=21.06)
        DE00: 1.10 - #A0383A - Humbrol - DB0153 | No 153 | Insignia Red - Matt | GU 4.1 (L*=38.25, a=40.22, b=20.78)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 1.45 - #A52C37 - Revell - 36134 | Italian Red | GU 88.5 (L*=37.37, a=45.10, b=22.20)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 2.60 - #A42B31 - Tamiya - XF-7 | Flat Red | GU 1.0 (L*=36.83, a=45.63, b=25.20)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF28 - Matt Blue | GU 5.4, RGB: #40517A (L*=35.74, a=1.66, b=-24.28)
        DE00: 1.26 - #3C4D76 - Humbrol - DB0025 | No 25 | Blue - Matt | GU 5.1 (L*=34.35, a=0.98, b=-23.90)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 2.91 - #425679 - Revell - 36156 | Blue | RAL 5000 | GU 2.2 (L*=37.26, a=-1.39, b=-20.70)
       100x100100x100
Target: RAF29 - Semi Matt Black | GU 5.0, RGB: #3B3C3D (L*=25.22, a=-0.20, b=-0.77)
        DE00: 0.19 - #3B3C3D - Humbrol - DB0085 | No 85 | Black - Satin | GU 19.5 (L*=25.23, a=-0.23, b=-0.96)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 1.05 - #3E3F40 - Revell - 36106 | Tar black | RAL 9021 | GU 2.3 (L*=26.62, a=-0.32, b=-0.66)
       100x100100x100
        DE00: 0.55 - #393B3D - Tamiya - XF-1 | Flat Black | GU 3.9 (L*=24.80, a=-0.36, b=-1.18)
       100x100100x100

List of paints compared:

Spoiler

Paint set: Humbrol (6 paints)
A1701 | No 157 | Azure Blue - Matt | GU 1.3
A6238 | No 187 | Dark Stone - Matt | GU 1.5
AA0046 | No 46 | Orange - Matt | GU 8.5
AA0059 | No 5 | Dark Admiralty Grey - Gloss | GU 90.8
AA0076 | No 7 | Light Buff - Gloss| GU 95.2
AA0134 | No 12 | Copper - Metallic | GU 8.7 | Metallic
AA0173 | No 173 | Track Colour - Matt | GU 1.3
AA0234 | No 234 | Dark Flesh - Matt | GU 4.4
AA0343 | No 31 | Slate Grey - Matt | GU 7.5
AA0360 | No 33 | Black - Matt | GU 2.2
AA0549 | No 50 | Green Mist - Metallic | GU 94.3 | Metallic
AA0552 | No 51 | Sunset Red - Metallic | GU 95.3 | Metallic
AA0583 | No 53 | Gunmetal - Metallic | GU 1.2 | Metallic
AA0727 | No 65 | Aircraft Blue - Matt | GU 5.0
AA0770 | No 66 | Olive Drab - Matt | GU 5.9
AA0775 | No 70 | Brick Red - Matt | GU 3.1
AA0802 | No 73 | Wine - Matt | GU 1.3
AA0816 | No 74 | Linen - Matt | GU 7.9
AA0833 | No 75 | Bronze Green - Matt | GU 2.0
AA0847 | No 76 | Uniform Green  - Matt | GU 2.1
AA0850 | No 77 | Navy Blue - Matt | GU 1.7
AA0878 | No 79 | Blue Grey - Matt | GU 4.3
AA0905 | No 82 | Orange Lining - Matt | GU 4.1
AA0919 | No 83 | Ochre - Matt | GU 5.3
AA0922 | No 84 | Mid Stone - Matt | GU 4.1
AA0967 | No 87 | Steel Grey - Matt | GU 6.9
AA0970 | No 88 | Deck Green - Matt | GU 2.0
AA1105 | No 100 | Red Brown - Matt | GU 3.8
AA1119 | No 101 | Mid Green - Matt | GU 2.9
AA1167 | No 105 | Marine Green - Matt | GU 7.1
AA1287 | No 116 | US Dark Green - Matt | GU 2.1
AA1314 | No 119 | Light Earth - Matt | GU 4.5
AA1328 | No 120 | Light Green - Matt | GU 3.1
AA1331 | No 121 | Pale Stone - Matt | GU 7.0
AA1376 | No 125 | US Dark Grey - Satin | GU 11.4
AA1393 | No 126 | US Medium Grey - Satin | GU 37.9
AA1417 | No 128 | US Compass Grey - Satin | GU 31.6
AA1420 | No 129 | US Gull Grey - Satin | GU 21.6
AA1448 | No 131 | Mid Green - Satin | GU 21.1
AA1451 | No 132 | Red - Satin | GU 11.0
AA1465 | No 133 | Brown - Satin | GU 33.0
AA1496 | No 28 | Camouflage Grey - Matt | GU 17.2
AA1523 | No 140 | Gull Grey - Matt | GU 5.4
AA1568 | No 144 | Intermediate Blue - Matt | GU 4.8
AA1571 | No 145 | Medium Grey - Matt | GU 11.6
AA1599 | No 147 | Light Grey - Matt | GU 6.1
AA1609 | No 148 | Radome Tan - Matt | GU 19.1
AA1612 | No 149 | Dark Green - Matt | GU 2.9
AA1626 | No 150 | Forest Green - Matt | GU 1.4
AA1729 | No 159 | Khaki Drab - Matt | GU 2.0
AA1780 | No 164 | Dark Sea Grey - Satin | GU 25.9
AA1804 | No 166 | Light Aircraft Grey - Satin | GU 54.6
AA2240 | No 240 | RLM 02 Grau - Matt | GU 3.9
AA2241 | No 241 | RLM 70 Schwartzgrun - Matt | GU 2.2
AA2241 | No 241 | RLM 70 Schwartzgrun - Matt | GU 3.0
AA2242 | No 242 | RLM 71 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 1.0
AA2247 | No 247 | RLM 76 Lichtblau - Matt | GU 13.9
AA2248 | No 248 | RLM 78 Himmelblau - Matt | GU 3.0
AA2252 | No 252 | RLM 82 Olivgrun - Matt | GU 2.2
AA2253 | No 253 | RLM 83 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 2.4
AA6330 | No 195 | Dark Green - Satin | GU 31.5
AA6344 | No 196 | Light Grey - Satin | GU 29.9
AA6389 | No 200 | Pink - Gloss | GU 91.8
AA6392 | No 201 | Black - Metallic | GU 91.3 | Metallic
AA6608 | No 220 | Racing Red - Gloss | GU 100.0
AA7222 | No 222 | Moonlight Blue - Metallic | GU 95.0 | Metallic
AA7224 | No 224 | Dark Slate Grey - Matt | GU 3.0
AA7225 | No 225 | Middle Stone - Matt | GU 2.6
AB0047 | No 47 | Sea Blue - Gloss | GU 65.0
AB0052 | No 52 | Baltic Blue - Metallic | GU 78.7 | Metallic
AB0065 | No 65 | Aircraft Blue - Matt | GU 6.3
AB0078 | No 78 | Cockpit Green - Matt | GU 4.1
AB0090 | No 90 | Beige Green - Matt | GU 9.5
AB0091 | No 91 | Black Green - Matt | GU 1.6
AB0094 | No 94 | Brown Yellow - Matt | GU 2.2
AB0104 | No 104 | Oxford Blue - Matt | GU 1.4
AB0145 | No 145 | Medium Grey - Matt | GU 2.4
AB0165 | No 165 | Medium Sea Grey - Satin | GU 17.2
AB0167 | No 167 | RAF Barley Grey - Satin | GU 9.2
AB0168 | No 168 | Hemp - Satin | GU 33.8
AB0226 | No 226 | Interior Green - Matt | GU 2.3
AB0230 | No 230 | Pru Blue - Matt | GU 1.3
AB0237 | No 237 | Desert Tan - Matt | GU 1.3
AB0238 | No 238 | Arrow Red - Gloss | GU 65.7
AB0239 | No 239 | British Racing Green - Gloss | GU 56.0
AB0240 | No 240 | RLM 02 Grau - Matt | GU 1.3
AB0241 | No 241 | RLM 70 Schwartzgrun - Matt | GU 4.0
AB0243 | No 243 | RLM 72 Grun - Matt | GU 1.5
AB0244 | No 244 | RLM 73 Grun - Matt | GU 1.4
AB0245 | No 245 | RLM 74 Graugrun - Matt | GU 0.9
AB0246 | No 246 | RLM 75 Grauviolett - Matt | GU 1.3
AB0247 | No 247 | RLM 76 Lichtblau - Matt | GU 12.9
AB0249 | No 249 | RLM 79 Sandgelb - Matt | GU 1.5
AB0251 | No 251 | RLM 81 Dunkelbraun - Matt | GU 0.7
AB0252 | No 252 | RLM 82 Olivgrun - Matt | GU 0.7
AB0253 | No 253 | RLM 83 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 0.8
DB0001 | No 1 | Primer | GU 5.6
DB0002 | No 2 | Emerald Green - Gloss | GU 79.8
DB0003 | No 3 | Brunswick Green - Gloss | GU 63.0
DB0009 | No 9 | Tan - Gloss | GU 76.9
DB0010 | No 10 | Service Brown - Gloss | GU 78.0
DB0011 | No 11 | Silver - Metallic | GU 6.7 | Metallic
DB0012 | No 12 | Copper - Metallic | GU 48.2 | Metallic
DB0014 | No 14 | French Blue - Gloss | GU 80.5
DB0015 | No 15 | Midnight Blue - Gloss | GU 79.7
DB0016 | No 16 | Gold - Metallic | GU 6.4 | Metallic
DB0018 | No 18 | Orange - Gloss | GU 78.0
DB0019 | No 19 | Red - Gloss | GU 90.2
DB0020 | No 20 | Crimson - Gloss | GU 84.2
DB0021 | No 21 | Black - Gloss | GU 45.3
DB0022 | No 22 | White - Gloss | GU 65.9
DB0023 | No 23 | Duck Egg Blue - Matt | GU 4.3
DB0024 | No 24 | Trainer Yellow - Matt | GU 3.6
DB0025 | No 25 | Blue - Matt | GU 5.1
DB0026 | No 26 | Khaki - Matt | GU 3.4
DB0027 | No 27 | Sea Grey - Matt | GU 10.5
DB0029 | No 29 | Dark Earth - Matt | GU 3.6
DB0030 | No 30 | Dark Green - Matt | GU 3.2
DB0032 | No 32 | Dark Grey - Matt | GU 11.2
DB0033 | No 33 | Black - Matt | GU 3.9
DB0034 | No 34 | White - Matt | GU 6.5
DB0036 | No 36 | Pastel Green - Matt | GU 6.9
DB0037 | No 37 | Bright Green - Matt | GU 3.9
DB0038 | No 38 | Lime - Gloss | GU 82.8
DB0040 | No 40 | Pale Grey - Gloss | GU 65.2
DB0041 | No 41 | Ivory - Gloss | GU 58.2
DB0042 | No 42 | Pastel Violet - Matt | GU 4.8
DB0044 | No 44 | Pastel Blue - Matt | GU 7.0
DB0048 | No 48 | Mediterranean Blue - Gloss | GU 71.1
DB0053 | No 53 | Gunmetal - Metallic | GU 6.1 | Metallic
DB0054 | No 54 | Brass - Metallic | GU 8.0 | Metallic
DB0055 | No 55 | Bronze - Metallic | GU 6.7 | Metallic
DB0056 | No 56 | Aluminium - Metallic | GU 14.6 | Metallic
DB0057 | No 57 | Pink - Matt | GU 5.2
DB0058 | No 58 | Magenta - Matt | GU 6.4
DB0060 | No 60 | Scarlett - Matt | GU 3.5
DB0061 | No 61 | Flesh - Matt | GU 5.9
DB0062 | No 62 | Leather - Matt | GU 3.5
DB0063 | No 63 | Sand - Matt | GU 7.1
DB0064 | No 64 | Light Grey - Matt | GU 5.9
DB0067 | No 67 | Matt Tank Grey - Matt | GU 5.2
DB0068 | No 68 | Purple - Gloss | GU 79.1
DB0069 | No 69 | Yellow - Gloss | GU 93.5
DB0071 | No 71 | Oak - Satin | GU 19.7
DB0072 | No 72 | Khaki Drill - Matt | GU 6.8
DB0080 | No 80 | Grass Green - Matt | GU 3.6
DB0081 | No 81 | Pale Yellow - Matt | GU 1.9
DB0085 | No 85 | Black - Satin | GU 19.5
DB0085 | No 86 | Light Olive - Matt | GU 9.2
DB0089 | No 89 | Middle Blue - Matt | GU 5.4
DB0093 | No 93 | Desert Yellow - Matt | GU 4.5
DB0096 | No 96 | RAF Blue - Matt | GU 6.6
DB0098 | No 98 | Chocolate - Matt | GU 3.0
DB0099 | No 99 | Lemon - Matt | GU 8.5
DB0102 | No 102 | Army Green - Matt | GU 4.6
DB0103 | No 103 | Cream - Matt | GU 6.1
DB0106 | No 106 | Ocean Grey - Matt | GU 4.4
DB0109 | No 109 | WWI Blue - Matt | GU 4.7
DB0110 | No 110 | Natural Wood - Matt | GU 6.4
DB0113 | No 113 | Rust - Matt | GU 4.9
DB0117 | No 117 | US Light Green - Matt | GU 3.5
DB0118 | No 118 | US Tan - Matt | GU 5.6
DB0123 | No 123 | Extra Dark Sea Grey - Satin | GU 18.4
DB0127 | No 127 | US Ghost Grey - Satin | GU 19.7
DB0130 | No 130 | White - Satin | GU 27.3
DB0153 | No 153 | Insignia Red - Matt | GU 4.1
DB0154 | No 154 | Insignia Yellow - Matt | GU 9.6
DB0155 | No 155 | Olive Drab - Matt | GU 6.2
DB0156 | No 156 | Dark Camouflage Grey - Satin | GU 7.3
DB0160 | No 160 | German Camouflage Red - Matt | GU 4.9
DB0163 | No 163 | Dark Green - Satin | GU 21.8
DB0171 | No 171 | Antique Bronze - Metallic | GU 7.1 | Metallic
DB0174 | No 174 | Signal Red - Satin | GU 25.2
DB0186 | No 186 | Brown - Matt | GU 4.5
DB0189 | No 189 | Chrome Silver - Metallic | GU 89.6 | Metallic
DB0208 | No 208 | Fluorescent Signal Green - Gloss | GU 11.3 | Fluorescent
DB0209 | No 209 | Fire Orange - Gloss | GU 20.2 | Fluorescent
DB0242 | No 242 | RLM 71 Dunkelgrun - Matt | GU 1.5
MET27001 | No 27001 | Aluminium - Metalcote | GU 5.2 | Metallic
MET27002 | No 27002 | Polished Aluminium - Metalcote | GU 10.8 | Metallic
MET27003 | No 27003 | Polished Steel - Metalcote | GU 47.4 | Metallic
MET27004 | No 27004 | Gunmetal - Metalcote | GU 5.2 | Metallic

Paint set: Revell (6 paints)
36104 | White | RAL 9010 | GU 72.8
36105 | White | RAL 9001 | GU 5.7
36106 | Tar black | RAL 9021 | GU 2.3
36107 | Black | RAL 9005 | GU 79.8
36108 | Black | RAL 9011 | GU 1.4
36109 | Anthracite | RAL 7021 | GU 4.7
36112 | Yellow | RAL 1018 | GU 79.5
36115 | Yellow | RAL 1017 | GU 6.5
36116 | Sandy yellow | RAL 1024 | GU 2.6
36117 | Africa brown | GU 3.1
36125 | Luminous orange | GU 3.5 | Fluorescent
36130 | Orange | RAL 2004 | GU 87.7
36131 | Fiery red | RAL 3000 | GU 90.5
36134 | Italian Red | GU 88.5
36135 | Flesh | GU 5.9
36136 | Carmine red | RAL 3002 | GU 3.0
36137 | Reddish brown | RAL 3009 | GU 1.8
36139 | Dark green | GU 2.2
36140 | Black green | GU 2.1
36142 | Yellowish olive | GU 1.8
36143 | Medium grey USAF | GU 2.9
36145 | Light olive | RAL 7003 | GU 2.2
36146 | Nato olive | RAL 7013 | GU 1.6
36147 | Mouse grey | RAL 7005 | GU 2.4
36148 | Sea green | RAL 6028 | GU 2.1
36149 | Light blue | GU 3.1
36150 | Light blue | RAL 5012 | GU 72.9
36151 | Ultramarine | RAL 5002 | GU 85.4
36152 | Blue | RAL 5005 | GU 82.7
36154 | Night blue | RAL 5022 | GU 85.3
36155 | Light green | RAL 6027 | GU 3.3
36156 | Blue | RAL 5000 | GU 2.2
36157 | Grey | RAL 7000 | GU 3.5
36159 | Sky RAF | GU 3.4
36161 | Emerald green | RAL 6029 | GU 82.3
36162 | Sea green | RAL 6005 | GU 88.5
36165 | Bronze green | RAL 6031 | GU 2.9
36166 | Olive grey | RAL 7010 | GU 2.2
36167 | Greenish grey | RAL 7009 | GU 2.3
36168 | Dark green RAF | GU 2.1
36169 | Granite grey | RAL 7026 | GU 1.6
36174 | Gunship grey | GU 3.1
36175 | Stone grey | RAL 7030 | GU 3.5
36176 | Light grey USAF | GU 4.1
36177 | Dust grey | RAL 7012 | GU 3.8
36178 | Tank grey | RAL 7024 | GU 2.9
36179 | Greyish blue | RAL 7031 | GU 1.9
36180| Mud brown | RAL 8003 | GU 82.2
36182 | Dark earth RAF | GU 2.1
36183 | Rust | GU 1.9
36184 | Leather brown | RAL 8027 | GU 1.9
36185 | Brown | RAL 8023 | GU 2.5
36186 | Olive brown | RAL 7008 | GU 2.2
36187 | Earth brown | RAL 7006 | GU 4.8
36188 | Ochre brown | RAL 1011 | GU 2.4
36189 | Beige  | RAL 1019 | GU 2.9
36190 | Silver | GU 76.6 | Metallic
36191 | Steel | GU 4.9 | Metallic
36192 | Brass | GU 54.8 | Metallic
36193 | Copper | GU 60.8 | Metallic
36194 | Gold | GU 53.0 | Metallic
36195 | Bronze | GU 61.5 | Metallic
36199 | Aluminium | GU 9.6 | Metallic
36301 | White | RAL 9010 | GU 20.9
36302 | Black | RAL 9005 | GU 11.1
36310 | Lufthansa Yellow | RAL 1028 | GU 25.6
36312 | Luminous yellow | RAL 1026 | GU 4.9 | Fluorescent
36314 | Beige | RAL 1001 | GU 18.8
36330 | Fiery red | RAL 3000 | GU 16.2
36331 | Purple red | RAL 3004 | GU 17.8
36332 | Luminous red | RAL 3026 | GU 3.7 | Fluorescent
36350 | Lufthansa blue | RAL 5013 | GU 19.6
36360 | Fern green | RAL 6025 | GU 22.2
36361 | Olive green | RAL 6003 | GU 24.5
36362 | Greyish green | RAL 6013 | GU 12.4
36363 | Dark green | RAL 6020 | GU 21.6
36364 | Leaf green | RAL 6001 | GU 20.4
36365 | Patina green | RAL 6000 | GU 38.1
36371 | Light grey | RAL 7035 | GU 17.8
36374 | Grey | RAL 7001 | GU 20.7
36378 | Dark grey | RAL 7012 | GU 28.0
36381 | Brown | RAL 8025 | GU 42.5
36382 | Wood brown  | RAL 8001 | GU 24.0
36730 | Orange | GU 87.2 | Opacity 34.45% | Transparent
36731 | Red | GU 93.0 | Opacity 42.21% | Transparent
36752 | Blue | GU 88.5 | Opacity 48.3 | Transparent

Paint set: Vallejo (6 paints)
71.001 | White | Blanco | FS37925 | RAL9016 | RLM21 | GU 3.5
71.002 | Medium Yellow | Amarillo Medio | GU 3.0
71.003 | Red RLM 23 | RLM23 Rot | RLM23 | GU 1.6
71.004 | Blue | Azul | GU 1.4
71.005 | Grey Blue | Azul Gris | RAL5008 | GU 1.5
71.006 | Light Green Chromate | Verde Claro Chromo | GU 1.3
71.007 | Olive Green | Verde Oliva | GU 1.2
71.008 | Pale Blue | Azul Claro | FS35414 | GU 2.0
71.009 | Eau De Nil "D.E. Green" | Verde Huevo Pato | BS216 | GU 1.8
71.010 | Interior Green | Verde Interior | FS34098 | GU 3.5
71.011 | Dark Green RLM83 | RLM83 Dunkelgrün | RLM83 | GU 1.2
71.015 | Dark Green RLM71 | RLM71 Dunkelgrün | RLM71 | GU 2.0
71.021 | Black Green RLM70 | RLM70 Schwarzgrün | RLM70 | GU 0.6
71.022 | Light Green RLM82 | RLM82 Hellgrün | RLM82 | GU 0.8
71.042 | Dark Brown RLM61 | RLM61 Dunkelbraun | RLM61 | GU 1.6
71.044 | Grey RLM02 | RLM02 Grau | RLM02 | GU 1.9
71.055 | Black Grey RLM66 | RLM66 Schwarzgrau | RLM66 | GU 1.7
71.078 | Yellow RLM04 | RLM04 Gelb | FS33538 | RLM04 | ANA614 | BS356 | GU 2.5
71.103 | Grey Blue RLM84 | RLM84 Graublau | FS36559 | RLM84 | GU 1.7
71.104 | Green RLM62 | RLM62 Grün | RLM62 | GU 3.4
71.109 | Faded P.R.U. Blue | M485 Blue Gray | FS35189 | BS636 | GU 1.6
71.121 | Light Gull Gray | Gris Gaviota USN | FS36440 | ANA620 | GU 2.6
71.255 | Light Blue RLM65 | RLM65 Hellblau | RLM65 | GU 1.7
71.257 | Light Blue RLM76 | RLM76 Lichtblau | RLM76 | GU 1.7
71.258 | Grey Green RLM74 | RLM74 Graugrün | RLM74 | GU 1.4
71.259 | Grey Violet RLM75 | RLM75 Grauviolett | RLM75 | GU 1.5
71.260 | Light Grey RLM63 | RLM63 Hellgrau | RLM63 | GU 1.5
71.264 | Brown Violet RLM81 | RLM81 Braunviolett | RLM81 | GU 1.2
71.277 | Dark Gull Gray | Gris Gaviota Oscuro | FS36231 | ANA621 | GU 1.7
71.279 | Insignia White | Blanco Insignia | FS37875 | ANA601 | GU 5.2
71.295 | USN Sea Blue | USN Azul Marino | FS35042 | ANA607 | GU 2.2
71.298 | M495 Light Gray | M495 Gris Claro | FS36357 | GU 1.8
71.299 | Intermediate Blue | Azul Intermedio | FS35164 | ANA608 | GU 2.5
71.300 | Glossy Sea Blue | Azul Mar Brillante | FS15042 | ANA623 | GU 24.6

Paint set: Hataka (6 paints)
HTK-A009 | Dark Earth | GU 9.1
HTK-A015 | Black-Green (RLM70) | GU 7.9
HTK-A016 | Dark Green | GU 9.6
HTK-A017 | Dark Green (RLM71) | GU 10.5
HTK-A023 | Grey (RLM02) | GU 14.1
HTK-A025 | Interior Grey-Green | GU 17.4
HTK-A026 | Sky "Type S" | GU 13.1
HTK-A029 | Light Blue (RLM65/78) | GU 13.2
HTK-A032 | Ocean Grey | GU 13.3
HTK-A034 | Medium Sea Grey | GU 14.2

Paint set: Tamiya (6 paints)
XF-1 | Flat Black | GU 3.9
XF-10 | Flat Brown | GU 4.4
XF-11 | J.N. Flat Green | GU 4.2
XF-12 | J.N. Gray | GU 2.1
XF-2 | Flat White | GU 9.8
XF-3 | Flat Yellow | GU 4.8
XF-4 | Yellow Green | GU 6.3
XF-5 | Flat Green | GU 3.5
XF-6 | Flat Copper | GU 4.9 | Metallic
XF-7 | Flat Red | GU 1.0
XF-8 | Flat Blue | GU 4.1
XF-9 | Hull Red | GU 5.0

Paint set: Lifecolor (6 paints)
UA 546 | Dark Green | *FS 34079 | GU 7.0
UA 547 | Dark Earth | *FS 30118 | GU 6.3
UA 548 | Light Green | FS 34102 | GU 6.4
UA 549 | Light Earth | FS 30257 | GU 6.8
UA 550 | Sky | FS 34424 | GU 6.4
UA 551 | Grey Green | FS 34226 | GU 9.0

Lifecolor paints are dissapointing, here are their comparisons:

Good matches:

DE00: 0.84 - #7A644D - Lifecolor - UA 547 | Dark Earth | *FS 30118 | GU 6.3 (L*=43.37, a=6.66, b=15.72)
       100x100100x100

DE00: 1.21 - #616553 - Lifecolor - UA 548 | Light Green | FS 34102 | GU 6.4 (L*=41.73, a=-3.57, b=8.95)
       100x100100x100

Poor matches:

DE00: 4.38 - #B58A5B - Lifecolor - UA 549 | Light Earth | FS 30257 | GU 6.8 (L*=59.57, a=12.92, b=30.40)
       100x100100x100

DE00: 5.12 - #616553 - Lifecolor - UA 548 | Light Green | FS 34102 | GU 6.4 (L*=41.73, a=-3.57, b=8.95)
      100x100100x100
    DE00: 5.40 - #63604C - Lifecolor - UA 546 | Dark Green | *FS 34079 | GU 7.0 (L*=40.22, a=-1.50, b=11.88)
      100x100100x100

DE00: 4.80 - #83937E - Lifecolor - UA 551 | Grey Green | FS 34226 | GU 9.0 (L*=58.79, a=-7.29, b=8.37)
      100x100100x100

DE00: 5.12 - #AEAD99 - Lifecolor - UA 550 | Sky | FS 34424 | GU 6.4 (L*=69.89, a=-1.86, b=9.97)
      100x100100x100

Their match for Light Green is closer to dark green than dark green paint intself..

Edited by Casey
Hid the content to reduce confussion
  • Thanks 6

@Casey I don't suppose you have access to Methuen colour charts? I've been trying to track down a good match for the rare Dark Red Sand, Red Sand and Dark Sand paints that were experimentally used in the Tropical Land Scheme. Apparently the best match for these were given by Ian Huntley as Methuen 7F4, 7E5 and 5E3 respectively. Would be good to see what the closest matches or achievable mixes there are in acrylics to these admittedly elusive paints.

After searching I've found that Methuen 5E3 (which was used on WW1 French aircraft) has the following values: RGB: #a29e79 (L*=61.58, a=1.52, b=15.62). 7F4 and 7E5 remain a mystery as far as I can tell.

As an aside Edgar Brooks seemed to imply that there are some original sample chips out there for these colours related to earlier land-based paints under alternative names. Not sure if anyone knows where these chips can be found commercially (if at all!):

Spoiler

On 27/09/2014 at 21:41, Edgar said:

Funnily enough I was looking at the file, with this, today, and it seems that the colours were originally designed for use on vehicles, in places like Jordan; it might help:-

Palestine1937_zpsf070eefb.jpg

Edited by Yes_Man
Added Methuen 5E3 values

1 hour ago, Yes_Man said:

to imply that there are some original sample chips out there for these colours related to earlier land-based paints under alternative names. Not sure if anyone knows where these chips can be found commercially (if at all!):

A good person to ask this would be @Mike Starmer who specialises in armour colours.