Two Super Mysteres

zebra

I'm going to join in with a pair of Special Hobby 1/72 Super Mysteres. The dual boxing was a xmas present from Mrs Z - you get two complete kits, plus an Isradecal book on Israeli Super Mysteres. There are decals for four SMB.2s (two French, two Israeli) and two Sa'ars (a natural metal Israeli now, and a Honduran one). Curiously none of the Israeli ones is in the later desert camouflage (the one we'll all be familiar with, as used on many Israeli aircraft from the 70s to the present day) in favour of an early camouflaged SMB.2, one in SEA camo (delivered in this scheme, apparently) and the natural metal Sa'ar. I fancy doing a Sa'ar in the later desert camo, and the book comes into its own here by giving me all the info I need. I should be able to do it with the decals for the other Israeli ones. The other one will be a natural metal French SMB.2.

I've started prepping and priming parts - assembly will start tomorrow.

cheers

Julian

• Like 4

Great choice of subject Julian, its a super kit.

Scalemates has a PDF of the instructions for the Sa'ar boxing which does include the late IAF desert camouflage if you run in to any hitches along the way, im sure it could be useful.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

I do like the SMB2, I thought I’d read somewhere that SH were also going to produce it in 1/48. I wish they would.

John

They are here:- 

If it is anything like the 1/72nd version it will be a real treat.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I seem to have forgotten to take photos again! I've been concentrating on my Kaman HOK-1 in the Salty Sea Dog GB and neglecting these, but picked them up again and here's where I'm up to:

SMB2

Two completed fuselages. OK kits to build so far, although the fit could be better in places. 

More soon

Julian

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...