Trumpeter 1/350 HMS Dreadnought 1915

ArtickWarspite

Hi All,

After a considerable amount of time away from the hobby, I'm turning my attention to the Trumpeter 1/350 HMS Dreadnought 1915 as my next project. 

I built the 1907 version of the Dreadnought back in 2013, so this is like a 10 year project to make pretty much the same ship with 10 years of gained ship building experience to see just how different they will look. 

In regards to aftermarket parts for said ship, it's still going to be kept relatively simple. Just the addition of a railing set, decking & metal barrels. No extensive PE this time around. 

But what I would like to know is what the differences were between the 1907 version of the Dreadnought & the 1915 version? Reason is that I have ordered the only Dreadnought railing set I can get hold of which is for the 1907 version. ...I hope that the money spent was not wasted doing this.

Secondly, I want to make sure that the paint scheme was in fact the 507A NARN04 which is the standard grey at the time according to the Colourcoats paint range. Perhaps @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies can confirm this information?

If anyone can help with the above questions, that would be most helpful.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I have the anatomy book on her, it's very very good, I'd yours with scratch building a large scale version of her using its plans, that may need to wait a decade or so though lol

I believe you can pick it up pretty cheap, if you'd like a run down of what's in it let me know, 

Edited by S-boat 55