Gulf War Buccaneer

F-32

Here's the first completion of the year, the epic Airfix 1/72 Buccaneer, a kit I've been waiting for since I started modelling some 40 years ago! Painted in Xtracolour X032 RAF Desert Gulf War pink and then toned down with Revell matt clear, the additions to the kit are as follows:

Armory resin wheels

Kits-world decals

Eduard ejection seat handles

Coastal kits base

Tamiya weatherine master soot for the engine stains

Flory models wash

I've also got the Flightpath RAF oxygen/nitrogen set, RAF diorama set and RAF ground power unit to add - but these are proper hardcore and will probably take longer to build than the model did! I'll post fresh pics when I eventually complete it.

52665125584_fcf5ea6bf9_o.jpgBucc9 by tony_inkster, on Flickr

52664831381_8cb76bd353_o.jpgBucc8 by tony_inkster, on Flickr

52665331833_fe6052c2f6_o.jpgBucc7 by tony_inkster, on Flickr

52665269065_5e095149be_o.jpgBucc6 by tony_inkster, on Flickr

52665331818_3ab10fa7d5_o.jpgBucc5 by tony_inkster, on Flickr

52664331982_9bdf46c7d7_o.jpgBucc2 by tony_inkster, on Flickr

52665331783_ee6843d630_o.jpgBucc1 by tony_inkster, on Flickr

• Like 56
  • Thanks 1

That's a very nice Bucc', nice to see one that isn't in the green and grey camo scheme that I usually associate with it. I like the finish and the base and the saucy badge on the side, not too common for RAF those 😃

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BerndM said:

Very nice presentation of a Desert Storm Buccaneer.

May i should give this kit a second thought.

It really is a great kit, somewhat over engineered in places (like all Airfix kits in the new range, in my humble opinion), but builds into a great model!

• Like 1

This looks great!! The desert pink is a real challenge and you've pulled it off nicely and well weathered in. 

I did Miss Jolly Roger too, but it wasn't this kit. You might be amused that it was a revell rebox of the ancient Frog kit! Took a bit of scratch work 😎

Is the wing fold OK for Op Granby, or a display choice? Which ever, the model looks superb 👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

This looks great!! The desert pink is a real challenge and you've pulled it off nicely and well weathered in. 

I did Miss Jolly Roger too, but it wasn't this kit. You might be amused that it was a revell rebox of the ancient Frog kit! Took a bit of scratch work 😎

Is the wing fold OK for Op Granby, or a display choice? Which ever, the model looks superb 👍

I actually have a picture of the Bucc's lined up at Muharraq in their revetments with folded wings (I'm guessing space was at a premium!) so it's all good :thumbsup:

• Like 2