1/72 - Antonov An-22 "Cock" by A&A Models - in project

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Antonov An-22 "Cock" by A&A Models - in project
33 minutes ago, IanHx said:

both my head and my wallet say......  "wonder if they'll also scale it down to 1:144 ?"

1/144 was released two years ago.

But I read, it's a A-model 'copy' and it fits not that good.

Edited by MiG-Mech

44 minutes ago, MiG-Mech said:

1/144 was released two years ago.

But I read, it's a A-model 'copy' and it fits not that good.

I believe it was an Eastern Express kit. Still have in the stash. Eastern Express is a Russian company that (at least according to another since suppressed thread had it’s molds made in Ukraine). Understandably hard to come by now although Chinese ebay sellers are still a possibility.

2 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

I believe it was an Eastern Express kit. Still have in the stash. Eastern Express is a Russian company that (at least according to another since suppressed thread had it’s molds made in Ukraine). Understandably hard to come by now although Chinese ebay sellers are still a possibility.

Ah, correct, A&A used EE parts.

19 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

I remember that one being released a few years back, it was a bit too expensive for me to justify back then. I suspect time has only  made the situation worse !

I wonder if it will be like the AMonster kits with their fiberglass big parts, and IM plastic smaller parts, or even if it might be all IM plastic! Now that would be great. I'll probably buy one anyway as I miss that An-22 kit I sold to Radders (Radleigh) a few years back. How is that going, Radleigh, by the way?

Best Regards,

Jason

I had the A Model kit in the early 2000’s, epoxy glass fuselage and wings, vacuformed inner fuselage and the rest injection moulded. Regrettably I sold it on evil bay to someone in Texas. I may be tempted to buy the AA kit depending on the price. I think I paid about $450 Cdn for the A Model kit, I can’t remember what I got for it on EBay, but it was less than I paid for it. Wingspan is almost 36” and length is about 31.5”
It’s huge! That’s what my wife said when she first saw it. 😉
I would hope it has Ukrainian markings, it’s a very sharp scheme. I also have several photos of one in mostly bare metal with some chromate panels, after a strip and overhaul, and that would also look cool. Hmmm….

Cheers

Jeff