1/72 - Embraer EMB-110/111/P-59B Bandeirante by Amodel/SOVA-M - EMB-110P-1 released - EMB-111AN in 2024

Homebee

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Embraer EMB-111/P-59B Bandeirante by Amodel/SOVA-M - box art - release in 2024
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Embraer EMB-110/111/P-59B Bandeirante by Amodel/SOVA-M - EMB-110P-1 box art - release in 2024

Yes please. Lots for the decals makers to get their teeth into. We had quite an invasion of these into UK airlines in the late 70s/early 80s. My vote is for Air UK in overall blue, and a Brasilian Air Force camou one. My wish list is getting smaller - hope to see a mainstream 1/72 HS748/Andover before I head for that great modelling bench in the sky ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Middo said:

hope to see a mainstream 1/72 HS748/Andover

Me too!  Is anyone here in touch with A-Model/Sova-M?

Anyway, I'm excited that the "Bandit" is about to become a reality, because, as @Middo wrote, it has lots of possibilities.  So small, though!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Embraer EMB-110/111/P-59B Bandeirante by Amodel/SOVA-M - EMB-110P-1 released
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting release of a nice looking airplane. Not my focus or scale; great to see nonetheless. There is a typo on the box shown in the first post, as the Bandeirante's designation in the Brazilian Air Force is 95 (e.g., C-95, R-95, P-95), not 59.

@follasha, I'd love to see photos.

• Like 1

Ok, here are a few preliminary shots ...I need to tidy up the basic paint job before I apply a livery, (I made my own masks :) ). I'm not doing the the boxed livery :). Amodel are producing some pretty good molds now, they just need a little more work than your basic Tamigawa :) 

53697094744_cb97f1ffd1_h.jpgAmodel EMB-110 P1 by Harry Follas, on Flickr

53695856932_324ed9caa3_k.jpgAmodel EMB-110 P1 by Harry Follas, on Flickr

53697094749_e6c775f57b_k.jpgAmodel EMB-110 P1 by Harry Follas, on Flickr

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That's nice. 

I'm tempted, but waiting for some attractive liveries. I'm not quite up to printing my own!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Smudge said:

That's nice. 

I'm tempted, but waiting for some attractive liveries. I'm not quite up to printing my own!

Same here. There are some great looking camouflaged Brazilian ones, but I think my priorities would be Air UK and Manx. There was also a fantastic looking one in a Royal Mail scheme in all red with yellow titles and cheat lines - no good for laser decals though! I'm also looking forward to the EMB-111.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Middo said:

Hannants are now listing an A-Model boxing of this in Aerocaribbean markings as a future release. I assume a re-boxing of this kit. If I could find a way of pasting in the box art I would!

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMU72399

- ref. 72399 - Embraer EMB-110P Bandeirante

AMU72399.jpg

V.P.

• Like 4

On 5/4/2024 at 12:47 AM, Smudge said:

That's nice. 

As soon as I get the kit I will get drawing decals starting with BIA , Dan-Air and BCal Commuter :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, 26Decals said:

As soon as I get the kit I will get drawing decals starting with BIA , Dan-Air and BCal Commuter :)

That is good to hear. Lots of British colour schemes from the early 1980s, when this type was very popular here. Please also consider G-POST in the all-read Datapost livery and the Air Ecosse and all-blue Air UK schemes.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Embraer EMB-110/111/P-59B Bandeirante by Amodel/SOVA-M - EMB-110P-1 released - EMB-111AN in 2024