1/48 - "Secret Item" by Modelsvit - release in 2024 ?

Homebee

5 hours ago, alt-92 said:

That's kind of their thing actually.

Plus almost all their 1/48 kits are roughly WWII era, only announced Mirage IV is an exemption from the rule. If I had to bet, I'd bet on something from the American XP series, or maybe a lightweight P-51. But TBH beauty of companies releasing short run kits is that they have a much wider choice of subjects, so this can be anything, including biplane Spitfire with laser guns.

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2023 at 8:52 AM, alt-92 said:

1/48 fog bank?

Come on man, that's a 1/32 scale fog bank for sure.  See the lighter gradations on the left?  Dead giveaway for 1/32.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

After the success of their Twin Mustang, they have probably discovered the little known variant The F-82TRI, with three fuselages controlled by the pilot in the middle one*. It was a recon plane and unarmed, but the USAAF had invented a superb countermeasure for defence. The pilot could jettison the outside fuselages and part of the wings, and they would fly off at tangents to the central main plane, and that would confuse the enemy and prevent our hero from being shot down.

As there has been no wreckage found, it proved the concept.

Ray

* See reference 'USAAF Experimental Spy Aircraft' by Wyatt A Loader-Crapp, Pub 1/4/82 Bilge Publishing

• Haha 7

An XF-84 turboprop Thunderscreech or butterfly tailed XF-91 Thunderceptor would be groovy, but I'd rather it were a mainstream jet like an accurate Su-15 Flagon.
If it's WW2 props it's not my bag but doubtless it will please many.

I must confess I've not yet bought any of their kits so the Mirage IV will be my first.

Tony 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The F-82 was nice. In keeping with the theme of USAF nighfighters, a "T*rd" ie Douglas F3D-2 Skynight would be a top seller.  It was the first jet fighter to shoot down another jet at night. It also served in the unpleasantness in Vietnam.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fullofit said:

What is this prejudice? Any scale is beautiful, especially when it’s 1:48.

If thats for me, I'm fine with 48th I just think with the small size of the Goblin makes it a perfect candidate for 32nd scale without taking up too much space.

On 2/2/2023 at 7:01 PM, Piotr Mikolajski said:

Plus almost all their 1/48 kits are roughly WWII era, only announced Mirage IV is an exemption from the rule. 

Well then that Mirage needs a bridge--a Grumman F11F-1! The only 'mainstream' F11F is Lindberg's, which is really an under-detailed XF9F-8

It was a Blue Angels aircraft for a decade.

On 05/02/2023 at 03:06, dnl42 said:

Well then that Mirage needs a bridge--a Grumman F11F-1! The only 'mainstream' F11F is Lindberg's, which is really an under-detailed XF9F-8

It was a Blue Angels aircraft for a decade.

https://jbegines22.wixsite.com/scratchaeronautics/grumman-f-11-tiger

https://www.ebay.com/itm/255953660469

Scratchaeronautics resin kits

s-l400.jpg

85da50-44c5583e72114db9830eb7f49f6f70cb-

And the long OOP Fonderie Miniatures and Collect-Aire kits.

F11-F-Tiger-001.jpg

57604154.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/4/2023 at 7:38 PM, 28ZComeback said:

The F-82 was nice. In keeping with the theme of USAF nighfighters, a "T*rd" ie Douglas F3D-2 Skynight would be a top seller.  It was the first jet fighter to shoot down another jet at night. It also served in the unpleasantness in Vietnam.

Skynight would be great!

• Like 1