1/35 Land Rover '88' short wheel base - 3 versions - AK Interactive

fittedkitchens

On 2/1/2023 at 9:05 PM, NAVY870 said:

Do they come with 1/35th scale drip trays?

Old Land Rovers don't leak oil. They mark their territory.

More seriously, does any one know of a release date for these?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/2/2023 at 12:40 AM, Natter said:

More seriously, does any one know of a release date for these?

Just become aware of these. I'm aware that a UK modeller I follow on Twitter has one in his hands. On the other hand HLJ is forecasting August. I assume readily available from AK Interactive currently ahead of a wider retailer release. None in AU 🇦🇺 yet.

I have one of each of these:  Military Mk.8, Station Wagon and Recovery and on first look I'm pleased with the detail.  Although the box art for the military Mk.8 version does not show it, the kit does come with a canvas tilt.

I bought mine from modelsforsale but they have almost sold out of them already.

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 8:51 AM, A30_737_AEW&C said:

Just become aware of these. I'm aware that a UK modeller I follow on Twitter has one in his hands

Could that possibly be Matt? I saw his AK recovery Land Rover, which he has started building. All three versions were in the Salisbury Model Centre last weekend and, as I know the new owner, it would have been rude not to buy one. I have the hard top, kit model 13! I hope it's lucky for me.

22 minutes ago, Natter said:

Could that possibly be Matt? I saw his AK recovery Land Rover, which he has started building. All three versions were in the Salisbury Model Centre last weekend and, as I know the new owner, it would have been rude not to buy one. I have the hard top, kit model 13! I hope it's lucky for me.

Yeah Matt's got the tow truck on the go, I follow his Instagram, guy sure knows his Landie's and Herc's!

I had picked up the FJ43 technical jeep and as soon as I saw the plastic I knew I had to pick up a Landie too, went for the tow truck and got it from Scale Model Centre (great service and quick delivery), the kits is stunning, I'm not an officianado so would never have picked up on the minor errors in the kit. I was happy to leave my purchase at this but when I checked out a review of the hardtop version I found out there are 2 British European Airways schemes in this version, so as a BA employee, one of these had to go in the shopping cart a week later!!

Cant wait to get started on one of these soon. Highly recommended based on what I've seen in the boxes so far and the instruction booklets are lovely too.

Eng

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, viper-30 said:

The internal bulkhead needs sorting out ..

Any advice on how it needs sorting out?  Could do with the detail before I start mine.

Cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

For those that have the kit. What's the dimensions please if its mentioned on the box. I've zoomed in on many a shot but can't find any.

Steve.

On 6/11/2023 at 9:09 PM, bootneck said:

Any advice on how it needs sorting out?  Could do with the detail before I start mine.

Cheers,
Mike

The interior bulk head behind the seats ..somehow they have got the representation of it wrong it lacks detail and the angle isn’t right..have a look at the revell italieri 109 bulk head whic is probably why I’ll use or maybe plastic card which would be easy enough.

• Thanks 1

On 12/06/2023 at 17:58, speedy said:

For those that have the kit. What's the dimensions please if its mentioned on the box. I've zoomed in on many a shot but can't find any.

Steve.

If you mean the box dimensions, they are: 33 x 235 x 7 CM.  Weight is 455 g

Mike

I just ordered a couple from Jadlam (free postage plus I had £12 worth of reward points :thumbsup:

AK Interactive 35012 Land Rover 88 Series IIA Rover 8 

AK Interactive 35013 Land Rover 88 Series IIA Station Wagon

I'm planning an RMP version with the ragtop for a Berlin Wall dio to go with the new Airfix Ferret when its out. No idea if this version is correct, but not too bothered. Already have some figures, street and wall section.

The Station Wagon I plan on doing as an RAF Police vehicle circa mid '60s that used to turn up to nick me as a kid for playing in the derelict Valettas & Hasings on the  RAF Seletar fire dump!  :bobby:

Here is the AK site with the instructions, finishes and an unboxing video of the Station Wagon issue:

LAND ROVER 88 SERIES IIA STATION WAGON

LAND ROVER 88 SERIES IIA ROVER 8

LAND ROVER 88 SERIES IIA CRANE-TOW TRUCK

Rich

spacer.png

Edited by RichG
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, RichG said:

The Station Wagon I plan on doing as an RAF Police vehicle circa mid '60s

Here's my inspiration for the landie :whistle:...

Rich 

spacer.png

• Like 2