Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 - Take 2 ++ FINISHED ++

nimrod54

Another brief update. I have removed the canopy and that will be masked up and painted before I refit it, there is also some further painting around the cockpit to tidy that area up. Other work carried out recently was fixing in place of a few detail items, the main undercarriage doors, additional fuel tanks and flaps have all been glued on and I have also added a set of Master turned brass gun barrels. I had to use some brass tube to get these to fit the Hobbycraft kit and these also require painting up. The prop blades had the yellow tips painted and once dry they were glued to the spinner, the whole assembly then received a couple of coats of clear.

52840047261_ac40d35704_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

52840047271_f1e16a98ec_c.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

If everything goes to plan I hope get this one wrapped up during the week.

John

Finally finished this Sea Fury earlier this evening and then grabbed a few photos. It has been on and off the bench quite a lot over the years since returning to making models - making it the longest build that I have done to date. Thanks to all of you who have stuck with my final push to get it done, I hope you have enjoyed watching it progress.

52854113491_568e962d62_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

52853533337_45df1209fa_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

52854290319_86465107a3_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

52854507635_e98b43a96a_b.jpg

by John L, on Flickr

I have no doubt that I will be back with more KUTA candidates later in the year.

Regards.

John

• Like 3

• nimrod54 changed the title to Hawker Sea Fury FB.11 - Take 2 ++ FINISHED ++
  • 2 weeks later...