I'm thrilled to see Trumpeter just issued their new 1/700 USS Intrepid:

I don't know if others may be as happy as I am to have the opportunity to finally lay my hands on a new tool SCB-27C carrier, but I sure am!

spacer.png

I may need to do some backdating to do my dad's ship. Here's picture of the USS Bon Homme Richard from my dad's cruise book.

spacer.png

It's a bit pricey at nearly $100, I'll need some Tigers, Demons, and Skywarriors for the air wing, so that would ramp up the price anyway, and sometimes money's no object...

• Like 5

Be aware that the configuration of "Bonnie Dick" after her angled deck was fitted differed from that of Intrepid - apart from different radar fits, air groups at various times and armament, there was a major difference in that the after deck-edge lift (elevator - sorry for UK-speak!) on the first three to be converted (including Intrepid) was much further aft than that of the remainder of the SCB-27C/SCB-125 conversions (including Bonhomme Richard).

Edited by Our Ned
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Chewbacca said:

$100...for 1/700...that's outrageous for an injection kit for a mainstream manufacturer!  I could sort of understand it if it were a limited run resin

I went and blew the cash on it anyway. Turns out there's a lot in the box:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Maybe I've got more money than sense...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UberDaveToo said:

Maybe I've got more money than sense...

Not at all. You know what you like and you went for it. Good move, the -27C needs more love, they were the mainstay of USN carrier aviation for thirty years and make very interesting and varied subjects. 

• Like 2