** FINIE / FINISHED ** Dassault M.D 450 Ouragan - Heller 1/72 (No. 103 ‘Hornet’ Squadron, IDF/AF)

2 hours ago, Wez said:

Did those decals turn up yet?

Not as yet Wez, however mail is awfully slow from the UK to Oz so I suspect they won’t be too much longer. 

Thanks for all the nice comments lads, it sure helps motivate me to get keep plugging away with this excellent little kit. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

Small update…. With big thanks to @Wez, I’m now in possession of a great decal sheet which comes with one of the latter Heller Ouragan boxings. I’m pretty sure I’m going to opt for that rather nasty Israel shark mouth, however will try my hand at a natural metal scheme. If I’m not convinced with my NMF work, I’ll apply a coat of camouflage over the top, just like what happened to the real aircraft around the time of the 1956 Suez Crisis (Operation Kadesh to the Israeli’s). 

52707188992_afa215f214_b.jpg

I’ve applied a smooth coat of Mr.Surfacer 1000 primer and spent quite a bit of time getting that canopy’s windscreen faired into the nose. I don’t like applying my canopies too early, however had no choice if I wanted it to look right on this kit. 

Here’s another pic before I start applying the silver paint. Cheers.. Dave 

52708198543_7d583bae00_b.jpg

• Like 10

Good morning Dave 

I am sure that your Ouragan will look great with that impressive shark mouth on 41f69bd739f2141965f734db2600dd00.jpg (1280×957) (pinimg.com)

OURAGAN 15.jpg (591×369) (pagesperso-orange.fr)

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Dave 

I am sure that your Ouragan will look great with that impressive shark mouth on 41f69bd739f2141965f734db2600dd00.jpg (1280×957) (pinimg.com)

OURAGAN 15.jpg (591×369) (pagesperso-orange.fr)

Best regards 

Patrice 

Can you amend that link Patrice, I’d be interested to see what you’ve posted there. 
Cheers.. Dave 

59 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Can you amend that link Patrice, I’d be interested to see what you’ve posted there. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Hi Dave 

I just hit ''Ouragan Israeli Air Force'' on the "aol search engine" and got several photos including some in NMF ...

Best regards

Patrice 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for being away from this GB.... too much work and not enough modelling time is never a healthy balance. Anyway, this Ouragan has been painted up in a somewhat NMF scheme which is proving a little hard to both apply and photograph. My method consisted of a base coat of Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver, then various panels were picked out with AK Metal Aluminum and Gunze Super Stainless. Photos seemed to show the Ouragan’s mid center fuselage barrel was highly polished, so I concentrated making this a feature area. I’ve started to apply some stencil decals and couldn’t resist testing out my home-made red lightning bolt flash marking. I’ll apply the rest of the decals soon enough so in the meantime here’s a few shots of my Heller Ouragan performing a slow barrel roll over the clear skies of Tel Aviv! 

Cheers.. Dave 

52726122087_0458fa09b1_b.jpg

52726203747_3d15686e11_b.jpg

52727203718_938e349167_b.jpg

52727136200_40984e683e_b.jpg

52726122117_d136705567_b.jpg

• Like 10

• Rabbit Leader changed the title to Dassault M.D 450 Ouragan - Heller 1/72 (No. 103 ‘Hornet’ Squadron, IDF/AF)
52748960068_296b5fb293_b.jpg

** FINIE / FINISHED ** 

Happy to say that this Heller Dassault Ouragan is officially done.

I'm back at work now, so will need to wait until the end of the week to take some glamour photos and pop them into the GB Gallery. 

A great little kit that builds up quickly and quite nicely. Nothing can be seen inside that black cockpit, however that's bound to happen in this small scale. 

Once again, a quick shout out to @Wez, who kindly came to my aid with a great set of new decals... thanks mate. 

Although there's some great BM GB's on the go at the moment, I've decided to stay here for a little while longer and test my skills on the old Airfix's Super Mystere - wish me luck! 

Cheers... Dave 

• Like 12

• Rabbit Leader changed the title to ** FINIE / FINISHED ** Dassault M.D 450 Ouragan - Heller 1/72 (No. 103 ‘Hornet’ Squadron, IDF/AF)

Very good job Dave

She looks fantastic with tis sharkmouth on .

I am also very pleased to read that You decided to join with another build I am looking forward to follow your build of the Airfix SMB2. 

Best regards 

Patrice 

• Thanks 1

Goodday Dave

bite me with that sharkmouth, this is a fine build! The different shades of metal bring it to live, and the smooth surface preparation make it look like real metal. 

Looking forward to your next build 😎

• Thanks 1

Dave,

You've done a cracking job there, well done!

I like that shark mouth on the NMF, it looks even more scary!

Glad to have helped with the decals, they went to a good home.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the lovely comments lads, its all very encouraging and motivating. 

I’ve just popped a few photos in the galley. Now on to the Super Mystere build! 

Cheers.. Dave 

52757078063_9e27fe7445_b.jpg

• Like 8