The Princess’s Tilly

Peter Roberts

5 hours ago, Armor Novice said:

They also call for the vehicle to be painted bronze green overall,

1 hour ago, Circloy said:

AFIK bronze green was a post war colour

1934 until February 1939 – A single overall colour of gloss Deep Bronze Green No.24.  At various occasions during exercises one or two other contrasting colours were applied over this in bold stripes.

and post war as posted by @Kingsman

see

from https://mafva2023.org/?p=2607

I think Kingsman made that clear and did point out the pre & post war bronze greens were 2 different shades. Neither of which are relevant to this particular with the pre war shade being withdrawn prior to the introduction of the 'tilly's & the photo's pre-dating the post war shade.

Just to make my previous post clearer, I was pointing out the irregularities of the Ace kit, pointing out things which according to what all the esteemed members here, had pointed out were wrong or inaccurate. 

As a Braille scale kits builder, I was pointing out that the 'Princess' Tilly' was available (not refferedto, as such) in 1/72 scale. Dan Taylor's models has a resin figure based on the Princess as she appeared in the picture posted above

• Thanks 1

The thick looking repaint may simply be an accident damaged repair.   Census numbers were only the be applied to the rear and offside, ACI. 2261 24 October 1942.  Existing number were not the be removed until repainting was due and necessary.  The purpose was to save labour and materials.   It also prevented enemy agents walking along the nearby pavement noting numbers.  I know that schoolboys did this during the war.  My comparison with 1930 and 1948 swatches of Deep Bronze Green No,24 - 224 were identical in gloss and chroma.  The 1964 issue 224 is slightly lighter and the same as my 1996 large card.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Mike Starmer said:

The thick looking repaint may simply be an accident damaged repair.   Census numbers were only the be applied to the rear and offside, ACI. 2261 24 October 1942.  Existing number were not the be removed until repainting was due and necessary.  The purpose was to save labour and materials.   It also prevented enemy agents walking along the nearby pavement noting numbers.  I know that schoolboys did this during the war.  My comparison with 1930 and 1948 swatches of Deep Bronze Green No,24 - 224 were identical in gloss and chroma.  The 1964 issue 224 is slightly lighter and the same as my 1996 large card.

Thank you Mike - I appreciate your input here. That is good clarification.

Rats, looks like more decals needed. Plea posted in Wanted section.

Edited by Peter Roberts