G'day from down under

Airdogspiff

Hi

Not exactly a new member but I haven't posted anything before nor have I even introduced myself. 

I have lived in Perth, WA since 2009, after getting myself transported here from England. I was an RAF Police Dog Handler many moons ago, that, along with chasing jobs around the country, meant that modelling had to take a back seat for 20 odd years but now we're settled, I'm trying to make up for lost time. I am mainly interested in 1/35 scale stuff from the cold war time period but will have a go at anything that I like the look of.

Cheers

• Like 7

Gidday Cobber, welcome (back) aboard. I'm into ships myself, mainly Airfix 1/600 scale to date. And rather crudely assembled.

What did you do to get transported? And 7 years or 14? 😁 (We've been watching DVD's of "Against the Wind" of late).

Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome ... and thanks for coming out of the shadows! 

Lots of help and advice here as you probably know. 

Look forward to seeing some of your builds!  

Keith  😁  

Welcome aboard! Although I am in Rhode Island, USA, I have a brother-in-law in Brisbane and an Uncle in Cairns. When I call Richard's (BIL) office, I always ask for the Pommie Barstard in my my best Aussie accent! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 and they put me right through to him! Uncle Graham is retired, so that quip doesn't work with him 🤣🤣🤣. Anyway, enjoy our irreverence, madness, and sarcasm. We mean well, and tap into the vast collective knowledge of everything model related. Regards, Pete in RI. 

ps, I hope you have some of those AWESOME! shrimp on the barbie. 

Edited by europapete

On 1/30/2023 at 3:15 PM, Airdogspiff said:

Hi

Not exactly a new member but I haven't posted anything before nor have I even introduced myself. 

I have lived in Perth, WA since 2009, after getting myself transported here from England. I was an RAF Police Dog Handler many moons ago, that, along with chasing jobs around the country, meant that modelling had to take a back seat for 20 odd years but now we're settled, I'm trying to make up for lost time. I am mainly interested in 1/35 scale stuff from the cold war time period but will have a go at anything that I like the look of.

Cheers

Hello to a fellow Aussie who has taken the plunge to post for the first time.

Opposite side of the country (QLD here) but I was also originally from the UK and I share your 20 odd year hiatus from a hobby that I hope to restart,

Alex

On 30/01/2023 at 05:15, Airdogspiff said:

I was an RAF Police Dog Handler many moons ago,

Okay, I think I may have modelled you, a similar time ago, while doing the Airfix Bloodhound missile kit, incl Landrover, launcher, and the wee figures.... That musta been you and your dog 🤭👍

It's good here.... 😇

• Haha 1

On 10/02/2023 at 07:31, rob Lyttle said:

Okay, I think I may have modelled you, a similar time ago, while doing the Airfix Bloodhound missile kit, incl Landrover, launcher, and the wee figures.... That musta been you and your dog 🤭👍

It's good here.... 😇

Thankfully our uniforms were updated to be a bit more practical

spacer.png

• Like 1