1/48 Eduard Fw 190A-8/R2 Weekend Edition

Decided to do this rather than mess with the Dora, that has more than just paint leaks sadly. Anyways I started work on this kit, I like the weekend Edition as it has the ammo doors closed on the wing roots so no messing and trying to fit the fiddly ammo bay doors. I used Humbrol dark grey matt for RLM 66 and it is dark! I also tried out the decal seat belts, they are all right but next time I'll go with PE. I think they may have over engineered a bit , a LOT of teeney tiney parts you'll never see. Here it is so far.

GhMhW8B.jpg

wXLlQGd.jpg

Yfahq09.jpg

XpCX3rJ.jpg

0hg6Nxz.jpg

Edited by JOHN-069
speld rong
  • Like 8

Thanks, and thanks for the foil-decal idea. More work, I am almost ready to close up the fuselage. The engine is a basic no frills build as it won't be seen so it's just dark iron with a black front. I may replace the Dora I just messed up with the old 90s Dragon 1/48 kit. I had it decades ago and almost had it beat into submission, just would like to add engine detail visible through the wheel wells, not an easy kit to build but it looks the part very well.

oKAHudN.jpg

• Like 4

Nice progress..

I too prefer the old Trimaster/Dragon/Revell/Italeri 190D-9/11..

I have the MDC wheel bay/engine set designed for the Tamiya kit. I have seen this set fitted to the Trimaster (they originated the tooling) kit and it looks good.

Matt

• Like 1

The wings are on but not without a fight! everything slid on up until the step in the lower fuselage by that weird elongated blob on the fuselage upper section almost to the wing root. I had to do some minor surgery on the step and am thinking also I may not have had the wheel well roof , A32, seated properly, also be VERY CAREFUL as to get all the gussets, C29, C31, C32, C34, C40, C44, inside the wheel well fitted exactly where they go and are square up and down and DO NOT protrude past the leading edge area or you will have problems. Part of the problem may have been me but the step in the front fuselage where the cowl ring will go is NOT my doings....see 2nd picture for a better view.

Hcs7QAS.jpg

dZ0sgLg.jpg

• Like 4