Decals! Who makes custom sets?

Alan P

Despite the already bewildering array of aftermarket decals available, civil airliners are pretty underserved due to the constant emergence and demise of airline operators, and the never ending cycle of rebranding and merging of companies.

Can anyone recommend a place to start looking for custom decal makers who can produce liveries to order for specific kits?

Cheers,

Alan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Richard E said:

I'm not sure if Paul Parkes is still active (Parkes682Decals) - based on his Profile I don't think he has visited BM for some years but he does sell custom decals on Ebay under the seller name Tiald1 

2 hours ago, Planebuilder62 said:

Dear Alan

Artic decals in Finland might be able to help. I have seen him make one-off decals here before. Which decals are you after?

Regards Toby

Thanks very much both. I need the Boeing demonstration scheme for the 737-800 in 1/72 and 1/144.

This one:

https://www.boeing.com/commercial/737ng/#/gallery

Hi Alan

DACO Products in Belgium make 1/144 scale decals for what they call the Boeing 737NG 'Dreamliner' scheme - but as used by Ryanair and Alaska Airlines.

These decals are very close to what you want, except for the tail markings which are airline logos and not the '737' logo you need.

However, they might make a good starting point for you. Link to DACO Products website

Cheers

Tim

• Thanks 1

On 1/29/2023 at 12:56 PM, Alan P said:

Despite the already bewildering array of aftermarket decals available, civil airliners are pretty underserved due to the constant emergence and demise of airline operators, and the never ending cycle of rebranding and merging of companies.

Can anyone recommend a place to start looking for custom decal makers who can produce liveries to order for specific kits?

Cheers,

Alan

Arctic Decals, Alan https://www.arcticdecals.com/gallery

8 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Thanks, but he's closed to commissions until the summer. 

12 hours ago, richellis said:

I use Roger Johnson, Dodgers Decals. He is on Facebook 

Appreciate the tip, although I'm not on Facebook 😕

11 hours ago, Timo said:

These decals are very close to what you want, except for the tail markings which are airline logos and not the '737' logo you need.

Thanks Tim, getting closer! Nothing in 1/72, but not far off for 1/144. Cheers for that.