Revell 1/72 Eurocopter Tiger

Brad

This is the older Revell kit, the PAH.2, which came out in the very early 90's, not to be confused with the new mold Revell kit, which has very nice Tiger Meet decals in it and has a lot more surface and cockpit detail. However I decided as I got this for free, I might as well build it for what it is.  Fit is generally pretty good, as mentioned detail is lacking somewhat, you do get decals for the instrument panel and seat belts but the decals in my kit were wrecked. Thus I sourced some from another helo kit so they are not 100% accurate. 

It makes into a decent shelf sitter, although I'll probably take it to a model show or two as a table filler. If you do want to build a very early Tiger then this is your kit. It's not a bad model, just basic. Thanks for looking.

mhEQQI3.jpg

l78KK40.jpg

8TE6OvC.jpg

• Like 14

Just now, Blue Monday said:

I wonder is this kit based on the Tiger mock-up that appeared at various airshows in the late 1980's? Nice build nonetheless. I have this kit in the attic too.

BM.

That's possible, had not thought of it!

• Like 1

On 29/01/2023 at 14:45, Blue Monday said:

I wonder is this kit based on the Tiger mock-up that appeared at various airshows in the late 1980's?

It does give that impression doesnt it, Very little detail as though its from a fibre glass mould. Nice little build though, we dont get enough helicopters to look at in my opinion.

Pete

• Like 3