zebra

I've decided this is going to be the year I build a few helicopters. I find helicopters really interesting, I have several in the stash, but somehow I've only built one helo in the last 30 years. Time to fix that.

First up, the Ka-32 Helix, using the Zvezda 1/72 Ka-27PS kit. This is going to be built as a helicopter used on the icebreaker Siberia on ice reconnaissance duties, using decals from Begemot. It's going to be a (hopefully) quick OOB build.

Here's the kit. Not a lot of parts, not much of an interior, but the external details look quite nice. I bought this second hand, it was obviously sitting in someone's stash for quite a long time, the decals aren't so much yellowed as browned! Good thing I'm not going to be using them.

Zvezda Ka-27PS

more soon

Julian

• Like 11

• 1 month later...

I've been neglecting this one. Picked it up again yesterday, got the fuselage together pretty quickly. A little filler needed, including a couple of pretty big sink marks. The cockpit's not much to look at - a lot of room for improvement there - but the exterior seems to be fairly nicely detailed.

Zvezda Ka-27PS

more soon

Julian

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a busy day - got all the undercarriage bits, rotors, external details etc painted and installed and I'm calling this finished.

Zvezda Ka-27PS

I'll take some photos for the gallery tomorrow

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 4