Fireflash trials Meteor NF.11

Here's my Fireflash trials Meteor NF.11, built using the Red Roo set which includes the Special Hobby 1/72 kit and everything you need to convert it to the Fireflash trials aircraft. These Meteors were used to test the Fireflash missile at Woomera in the mid fifties. Build thread is here.

Fireflash Meteor

Fireflash Meteor

Fireflash Meteor

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 47
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Sky Keg said:

Very nice.  The windscreen framing is particularly noticeable for it`s precision and crisp edges.  :goodjob:

Mike

Thanks Mike - the Peewit masks that came with the kit were very good indeed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, troschi said:

superb result. I just ordered a kit @ Red Roo. 
Did you forget to remove a piece of the canopy masking on the port lower front canopy?

Thanks! I’ll have a look at the canopy when I get home later - I might well have forgotten to remove it

1 hour ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Really first-rate work on this, @zebra!  Did you trace around each of the window frames in black?  If so, it's really stunning.

Thanks! No I didn't trace around them, but I sprayed a coat of black primer under the white and the Peewit masks did the rest. I've mentioned the masks further up the thread, but it's worth repeating - they were really, really good. I hadn't used Peewit masks before and I'm very impressed with them.

• Thanks 1