Hello from Houston Texas

Donivanp

Hello, my name is Don. I’ve been a member since 2015 but haven’t been by much. What can I say, I’m a retired USAF avionics technician with twenty years experience. I’ve worked C-5A, KC-135A/E/D and R models, not that it makes much difference as they pretty much had the same equipment of mine, Comm/Nav/INS. B-52D and G with an occasional H thrown in for fun. EC-135G/L and Y, as well as E-3B and C. I’ve always been interested in aircraft and started modeling back in the late sixties.

I'm a member of ww2aircraft.net where I’ve been doing group builds since 2014, also I’m a member of Commemorative Air Force and the Air Force Association. I work another twenty years in IT as a hardware technician and drive a 18 wheeler for a couple years.

I actually live just west of Houston in the suburb of Katy, been here since 1998.

Edited by Donivanp
  • Like 5

First of all, welcome aboard. As to uploading images, you'll need to sign up to a photo hosting site. You cannot post directly from your computer to BM. There are several sites that others use. The one I use is Imgur. I find it very easy to use. Avoid Photobucket and Village Photos though.

Enjoy your modelling.

John.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Donivanp said:

So silly question, how do you upload images?

Gidday, Welcome aboard. Further to John ( @Bullbasket) above, I use Flickr. Again it's easy to use and I get 1000 photos stored for free. Since mid 2018 I've used about 840 of them.

Oh, and there's no such thing as a silly question. Probably a few silly members though, present company (me) included. 🙂 Regards, Jeff.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Donivanp said:

Hello, my name is Don. I’ve been a member since 2015 but haven’t been by much. What can I say, I’m a retired USAF avionics technician with twenty years experience. I’ve worked C-5A, KC-135A/E/D and R models, not that it makes much difference as they pretty much had the same equipment of mine, Comm/Nav/INS. B-52D and G with an occasional H thrown in for fun. EC-135G/L and Y, as well as E-3B and C. I’ve always been interested in aircraft and started modeling back in the late sixties.

I'm a member of ww2aircraft.net where I’ve been doing group builds since 2014, also I’m a member of Commemorative Air Force and the Air Force Association. I work another twenty years in IT as a hardware technician and drive a 18 wheeler for a couple years.

I actually live just west of Houston in the suburb of Katy, been here since 1998.

Welcome Don,

Thank you for your service from another retiree. Twenty two years aircraft armament systems and have had the pleasure of putting bombs on F-4D, B-52D, FB-111A, F-111F and F-111D aircraft. Grew up in Glens Falls New York and now reside in Clovis New Mexico. Also a member of ww2aircraft and others but here on Britmodeller I feel at home. Looking forward to your posts and I have flickr pro account to post images. Plenty of hosting sites and agree with other to stray away from those listed.

All The Best,

Ron VanDerwarker

• Thanks 1

• 10 months later...