1/48 Douglas A-1H Skyraider, "Toilet raid", Tamiya+

Fuad

21 minutes ago, Andrew Patmore said:

Looks like a Stoke-on-Trent Crapper special! That is now a collectors item! What a s**t mission.

In other news, awsome build. Love the humour, weathering, base and the fact that you put a motor behind the prop.

Or was it a hairdryer?

Thank you for your attention. This model is equipped with an electric motor, but I did not output power under the stand, as required by the manufacturer. I left the battery inside the model. This limits the service life, but it does not bother me. It won't be a toy.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fuad said:

Thank you for your attention. This model is equipped with an electric motor, but I did not output power under the stand, as required by the manufacturer. I left the battery inside the model. This limits the service life, but it does not bother me. It won't be a toy.

Beautiful build, awesome craftsmanship!

I’m trying to find a way to hide the wires on Tamiya’s Corsair prop action kit. I might run them out as brake lines to metal contacts embedded in the tires.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Scooby said:

I’m trying to find a way to hide the wires on Tamiya’s Corsair prop action kit. I might run them out as brake lines to metal contacts embedded in the tires.

I don't consider it necessary to turn a stand model into a "toy". It wasn't important to make the propeller more durable than is needed for just a one-time demonstration.

On 1/28/2023 at 6:37 PM, Scooby said:

Or, you could do it on a base, chocked and tied down, with the electrical wires taking the place of the tie down cables!

Mike

Fuad,

When you come back, you do it in style! Always one of my favorite Spad ordnance loads, too! Nice to see your modeling skills haven’t deteriorated one bit during your. ‘leave of absence!’ Hoping you and yours are safe and well!

Mike

• Thanks 1

By the way, for those who want to build this version of the Skyrider - on this toilet bowl was a "tail" made from real bomb tail welded on the back. Unfortunately, I only found out about this after the build. But as the saying goes: "Actum ne agas".

Beautiful job!  The story behind the Toilet "bomb" is hilarious.  It was actually dropped on a Viet Cong position, but nearly took the Spad's horizontal stab off when it was released.  It missed the target but a ground FAC said it made a whistling noise before it shattered into a million pieces.  The crew and ordinance guys secretly loaded the toilet on to the AD-1 under the nose of the CAG, who thought he saw something odd.  The crew and pilot responded with everything is A-OK!  😄

• Thanks 1

Hi Fuad ! 

I really loved your 1:72 nd builds , they were so inspiring to me ! now you went to the "dark side of the force " 1:48 .. ( just kidding 😉) and still your builds are so .. 

thus I will continue to follow your posts , probably never have a chance to reach your level of expertise ! but who cares , just a pleasure to see them ! 

contrats ! , continue to share with us  ! 

cheers !!