1/72 Tamiya Fw 190-D9 *** FINISHED 06/05/2023 ***

DaveyGair

This will be built in tandem with the 'A3 I have as well then we'll see how I get on if I build any of the Eduard 190's I have. I must get on with a couple of KUTA builds as well so not too sure when I'll get on with these, good job I'm retired and just starting to get the old modelling mojo back 🙄

Opening shots :

DSC_0003

DSC_0004

Will be OOB but not sure which of the 2 marking options to use yet.

Davey.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Getting started with this in conjunction with the A3 on another thread.

This moulding for some reason doesn't seem quite as crisp as the A3 for some reason but still streets ahead of most others including recent Airfix toolings. I just realised this is only the 3rd Tamiya I have built in the 40 odd years since building a lot of their 1/35th scale military vehicles back in the 70's! Seams still to clean up, paint to do on the interior parts. Great fit of the wing to fuselage.

More soon.

Davey.

DSC_0099 DSC_0098

• Like 7

I'm building this in tandem with the 'A3 so hoping to at least get two of these beast's in the gallery.

Painted the interior bits and pieces and applied the kit decals for the instrument panel and seat belts, I don't know how accurate the instruments are but they look Ok to me.

There was a small gap to fill at the rear of the main wing join but everything fits beautifully although there seems to be a bit more flash on this moulding compared to the 'A3.

All ready for painting hopefully over the weekend.

More soon, Davey.

DSC_0103 DSC_0106 DSC_0107 DSC_0108 DSC_0109

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Got some painting done. I'm rubbish at Mottle no matter what I do to the paint and settings, at least this is confined to the tail area. I used a template but still doesn't look great but once the decals are on it may not be as noticeable!

Onwards and upwards!

Davey.

DSC_0112 DSC_0113 DSC_0114

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

Lost the modelling mojo for a bit and thought I'd missed the end of this GB but found it had been extended, trying to get these done and in the gallery for Sunday, nearly there just got all those 'fiddly' bits to add and this and the 'A3 are done.

Stickers on. The Black/White tail marking decal just wouldn't work so n process of painting it on!

DSC_0001 DSC_0002

.... and after doing a Matt coat or two, with all the other bits ready to go on, some pre-painted.

DSC_0005

More soon, Davey.

• Like 6

• DaveyGair changed the title to 1/72 Tamiya Fw 190-D9 *** FINISHED 06/05/2023 ***

All done!! I usually install an aerial wire but I'm getting too shakey to risk spoiling the canopy with superglue!

Thanks for extending the GB, these probably would have ended up on the shelf!

Davey.

DSC_0019 DSC_0020

• Like 4