1/72 Tamiya Fw-190-A3 *** FINISHED 06/05/2023 ***

DaveyGair

Probably going to kick off this GB with this, as well as the 'D9 in a separate thread, then maybe 1 or 3 Eduard ones I have.....

Opening shots :

DSC_0001

DSC_0002

Will be OOB, probably with the box lid markings, maybe 🤔

Davey.

• Like 8

On 1/28/2023 at 6:36 PM, Marklo said:

Welcome again. Another nice kit.

On 1/28/2023 at 9:17 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Another fine choice. 

7 hours ago, Mukund SB said:

Welcome to the group.... Nice little kit. I am also building this for the GB..... I am building the 2nd scheme JG2 Com. Hahn version....

Thanks guys. I hope Tamiya's usual engineering quality will make this and the 'Dora' trouble free builds 😁

Davey.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After finishing the Whitley over on the KUTA GB I've made a start on the two Tamiya '190's.

Really nice working with proper hard plastic instead of the soft Airfix stuff! Slotting together nicely, cleaned up the fuselage join, got to clean up the wings. Really positive fit of the wing to fuselage join, Bliss!

More soon after I get the interior colours done and the whole thing glued together.

Davey.

DSC_0101 DSC_0100

• Like 6

Been bashing on with these two fine Tamiya Fw-190's.

So far got the interior bits painted and installed then assembled the airframe, the wings fitting perfectly on the 'A3, just a slight gap to the rear of the 'D9 (see other thread).

I used the kit decals for the instruments and seatbelts, maybe the belts look a bit 'drawn on' but they'll do me.

All ready for painting, have to remember to do the Yellow rudder and under the nose on this one.

More soon. Davey.

DSC_0102 DSC_0104 DSC_0105 DSC_0108 DSC_0109

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Got some painting done.  I used a template for the mottling on this one, it's actually for 'weathering' but thought I'd give it a go. I think it looks to small and even looking compared to photos but maybe by the time i get decals on and some panel line wash it might look OK. I've never managed to get mottle looking right freehand, no matter what I do the paint always splatters even if in tiny droplets and is the reason why I avoid doing late war Luftwaffe stuff.

Anyway, onwards and upwards!

Davey.

DSC_0115 DSC_0116 DSC_0117

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...

As mentioned in the 'D9 build thread I had lost a bit of modelling mojo and thought I'd missed the end of this GB but as it's been extended thought I'd get on with them and get them in the gallery.

Stickers on, Humbrol Decalfix works well on a Matt paint finish. Then Matt coats on and ready for all the final bits to be installed and painted etc.

More soon.

Davey.

DSC_0003 DSC_0004 DSC_0006

• Like 5

• DaveyGair changed the title to 1/72 Tamiya Fw-190-A3 *** FINISHED 06/05/2023 ***
On 5/3/2023 at 1:43 PM, mick said:

great work

Cheers Mick.

Here we are all done!  I usually do and aerial wire but decided not to in case I mess the canopy up, same with the 'D9, get a bit shakey in my old age recently!

Thanks for extending the GB, gave me the impetus to finish these.

Davey.

DSC_0007 DSC_0029

• Like 4