HMS Leeds Castle

I don't believe I ever posted this.  Built it a few years ago but never thought it was finished without a helicopter... So now it has a Sea King. The base was my preferred carved wood. I've cased it as well as it will be on top of the shelf unit in the living room...lots of dust.

001 003 002 004

• Like 26

9 hours ago, bissyboat said:

Fine piece of work. Not a naval vessel I would see very often made into a model. 🙌

Thanks. I rather like these smaller vessels as I've run out of space - very small bungalow! I'd love to do Warspite, but...

• Like 1

Lovely job there Seadog, and a gallant little ship, my younger brother was on her then, I believe that she was the smallest member of the task force, and was one of the longest down there, I have a photo of her coming down the Firth of Forth when she finally came back looking somewhat the worse for wear !

Cheers

David

Thanks, I chickened out on the weathering as I didn't have references. I do remember the state our old Ile de Serk was in after a winter.

Actually I think that you have it just right, as I think that she was fairly pristine when she left, just that the streaks were more apparent when she came back !

IMG_2299

Not quite as dramatic as Hermes coming home, but she was met by a Seaking or two from HMS Gannet (Prestwick), hence the photo !

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...