Revell 1/48 swift boat

Marklo

B284-AB0-B-6880-4-AD7-9897-F0478-E94-C49This was so cheap in my ( not so) local model shop that I couldn’t not buy it, looks like a nice little kit.. more to follow.

I wasn’t entirely sure this qualified but Wikipedia says the following..

’Patrol Craft Fast (PCF), also known as Swift Boats, were all-aluminum, 50-foot (15 m) long, shallow-draft vessels operated by the United States Navy, initially to patrol the coastal areas and later for work in the interior waterways’ 

Coastal areas makes it seagoing so here we are :) 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Faraway said:

I did the ‘pibber’ by Revell a while ago, nice little kit. So I guess this will be too.

Jon

Do you mean the 1/72 Swift boat? I've got that in my stash and was considering it for this GB, before I got carried away with Matchbox ships!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, danbuoy said:

Do you mean the 1/72 Swift boat? I've got that in my stash and was considering it for this GB, before I got carried away with Matchbox ships!

Sorry, got muddled up. I meant the Tamiya 'pibber'

Jon

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Faraway said:

Sorry, got muddled up. I meant the Tamiya 'pibber'

Jon

Ah, a kit that I really want to do at some point. Definitely one of my favourite types of boat or ship.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Looking good, I may have to look out for this kit as I'm building a 1/48th LCP(H) re-fuelling platform. The two would look good together.

Colin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2023 at 8:43 AM, heloman1 said:

Looking good, I may have to look out for this kit as I'm building a 1/48th LCP(H) re-fuelling platform. The two would look good together.

That sounds a great diorama idea Colin.

Nice work on this one @Marklo :thumbsup: I'm guessing this is about to become your next gallery entry?

• Like 1

IMG-2283.jpgDecals on the base painted and weathering almost complete. Some white streaks some rust and some grime, as you can see I’ve gone for a lived in look. Just need to paint the guns and the dingy and that’s it. 

• Like 6