1/35 NKL-26 Aerosan

Hello everyone! Here's my latest work - a 1/35 NKL-26 Aerosan from Trumpeter. I've been stuck in a bit of a modeling funk so this was a really fun little kit to help break me out of it. I built it straight out of the box and weathered it with some chipping fluid and enamels.

The kit itself is fantastic! It goes together easily, plus a prehistoric hoth speeder will definitely look good on your shelf.

JoRy67REL9GHzsvS8T7ydFgCm2N9UjVAUjlxqcPI

36g3kumSG6ruOZIjouq1X57zacR9-9aSQdYBwxAI

A9-nQw7Yss5DSZuil7nCSGFgPbI7PmzGk1f3dRg_

lctNcUPf1SDWaTMmAhvC8Rb5TpkR7869HpuBIF3t

Meuaw-5YxC2kaiWUMzxY4ewD4ReTb03I4DypjaVX

oDFy3Bt9n2Z9rywniXPgbDT82y8OPOlqRBlIQuE3

KkO9ZwzCruBVfDzTYzmwnpC_8O9RPaVPlo34LFiK

Thanks for looking!

• Like 32

Hi StephMarb,

A very cool vehicle, the "grinder" has turned out very well...lol. I already knew these artifacts, because there is a PC game, "Call to Arms Gates of Hell" about WWII, and when you play with the soviets, in a mission you can lead them... In a snowy base it would be "very comfortable"...lol

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 2:32 AM, FrancisGL said:

Hi StephMarb,

A very cool vehicle, the "grinder" has turned out very well...lol. I already knew these artifacts, because there is a PC game, "Call to Arms Gates of Hell" about WWII, and when you play with the soviets, in a mission you can lead them... In a snowy base it would be "very comfortable"...lol

Cheers and TC

Francis.👍

Thanks Francis! I'll have to check it out

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pin said:

I know I am boring but Trumpeter got the name wrong, it is "aerosani" meaning "aerosledge". It is common, not a proper name, so no capital "A" 

Alexey, thanks for letting me know! I had no clue

A beautiful and unusual model!

By the way, the name of the NKL is an abbreviation (Narodni Kommissariat Lesa) of the People's Commissariat of Forests, in fact the Ministry of Forestry.

Here is an interesting link. I hope Google will help translate into English.

Stories about weapons. Aerosani NKL-26

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dmitriy1967 said:

A beautiful and unusual model!

By the way, the name of the NKL is an abbreviation (Narodni Kommissariat Lesa) of the People's Commissariat of Forests, in fact the Ministry of Forestry.

Here is an interesting link. I hope Google will help translate into English.

Stories about weapons. Aerosani NKL-26

That's wild, thanks for the info! I guess the equivalent in the US would be having a hovercraft named for the Bureau of Land Management 😆

I wish I had found that site before I started, there's some good info in there, but what can you do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ModelMonkey said:

Excellent! I did a Trumpeter RF-8 last year, painted but not weathered yet as it's destined for a diorama. I will be sure to shamelessly steal from your perfect weathering! 😁

Thank you! Winter streaking grime from AK did a most of the heavy lifting.