The Salty Sea Dog GB Chat Part 2

7 hours ago, Creepy Pete said:

Can I join please?

Absolutely, welcome aboard. That's a subject we haven't seen yet and will be a welcome addition to the Build List.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2023 at 7:22 PM, Bertie McBoatface said:

Thanks for having me aboard on the shakedown cruise and good luck on the many grand voyages that you will be making over the next three months. I'll be relaxing here on the beach, having swallowed the anchor and retired from the ocean swell.

Enjoy the rest, but don’t be a stranger. I for one will miss your pointed wit ( and no I’m not being sarcastic)

• Like 3

Afternoon all.

I'm going away for a week tomorrow, so no modelling for me, and as I'll be in landlocked Austria I certainly won't be able to able to smell the sea air. I'll have my laptop with me so will do my best to look in from time to time, and will give the Build List an update on my return. I believe @Col. is on the bridge!

Have a great weekend!

Tony

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, TonyOD said:

Afternoon all.

I'm going away for a week tomorrow, so no modelling for me, and as I'll be in landlocked Austria I certainly won't be able to able to smell the sea air. I'll have my laptop with me so will do my best to look in from time to time, and will give the Build List an update on my return. I believe @Col. is on the bridge!

Have a great weekend!

Tony

Have a great time, Tony, enjoy the mountain air!

Cheers,

Mark

• Thanks 1

I may be nuts, but I’m in for another build!    My Pup is 95% done, and the USCG JRB-4 Expediter is ready to enter the decalling stage.   I can’t start the sub for another week or two, so I needed something to work on!

So my latest entry is the Eduard 1/72 Fokker D.VII (OAW) Weekend Edition kit.   I’ll be doing it as a plane from a  German Naval Fighter Squadron.  I’m going to use either one of the kit options or some of the extra decals from the Eduard “Fokker! Fokker!” dual combo kit.

I will be doing one of these two ….  I am leaning towards the first one, but will carefully examine the decal sheet before I have to commit to it.  (I have a few days before I will be forced to decide):

spacer.png 

spacer.png

Edited by RC Boater Bill
Crazy Sea Dog….
  • Like 13

5 hours ago, RC Boater Bill said:

I may be nuts, but I’m in for another build!    My Pup is 95% done, and the USCG JRB-4 Expediter is ready to enter the decalling stage.   I can’t start the sub for another week or two, so I needed something to work on!

So my latest entry is the Eduard 1/72 Fokker D.VII (OAW) Weekend Edition kit.   I’ll be doing it as a plane from a  German Naval Fighter Squadron.  I’m going to use some of the extra decals from the Eduard “Fokker! Fokker!” dual combo kit.

I will be doing one of these two ….  I am leaning towards the first one, but will carefully examine the decal sheet before I have to commit to it.  (I have a few days before I will be forced to decide):

spacer.png 

spacer.png

You clearly enjoy a challenge Bill! Both those schemes look great but will make you work for them - best of good luck although I doubt with your modelling skills you'll need it :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Right, a decision is made. This will be my next build. After building 2 planes and a submersible I thought that it was time to try a ship, which would be also my first ever attempt at building a ship, if you don't count the Shinkai research sub as "ship". Anyway, for me it will be a first. After being on the lookout for a while for something that catches my interest, I found this quite big tug boat:

y4mnR2lnISFvAt_mAYRMxR34EigJG4Nr3v78Smkt

The picture is from:

https://www.heller.fr/en/80620-smit-rotterdam-1000806200?tags=shipping

Up to date I think that no tug boat has shown up here in the GB, but I maybe wrong given the sheer amount of builds going on here.

It's already ordered and underway to me, hope that it'll arrive next week. As soon as it has arrived I'll open a WIP thread with proper photos of the kit.

• Like 14

50 minutes ago, flashlight said:

Yes the model is quite big with nearly 40cm. It's 1/200 scale. Let's see how I will struggle with this! 😆

Billings makes a Smit Rotterdam kit in 1/75 scale, with a LOA that is just over 90cm.  Makes a great running RC model…..  just sayin’  !!    😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Gidday Nick ( @flashlight), I've said in another post that the term "Salty Seadog" suggests a work horse to me, solid, dependable, not flashy etc. A tug such as yours here fits the bill perfectly IMHO. Looking forward to it.

I must say however, I did a double take when I first glimpsed the ship's name on the bow. 😁  Regards, Jeff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, ArnoldAmbrose said:

Gidday Nick ( @flashlight), I've said in another post that the term "Salty Seadog" suggests a work horse to me, solid, dependable, not flashy etc. A tug such as yours here fits the bill perfectly IMHO. Looking forward to it.

I must say however, I did a double take when I first glimpsed the ship's name on the bow. 😁  Regards, Jeff.

Thanks Jeff! I hope that it will arrive soon - can't wait to begin the build!

• Like 1