The Salty Sea Dog GB Chat Part 2

Well, what a great group build that was. Such a great variety of subjects, plenty of ships, naval aircraft, and a flipping wind farm and lighthouse! Brilliant stuff!

Sorry I didn't get more of my builds completed, I clearly just threw myself in at the deep end having not done a ship before, and then attempting to do 5 at once! Indianapolis will be done this week, San Diego and Fletcher to follow hopefully not too long after.

Here's to Salty Sea Dog the Second!

Edited by danbuoy
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Alan P said:

End of det, back to Pompey for a well-earned leave. Southsea here we come!

You forgot the barnstorming run ashore in Gibraltar on the way back.  Get arrested, lose your ID card... :laugh:

Seriously though, a lot of the subjects in this GB would also qualify for 

starting in about 10 weeks.  So lets keep the maritime flavour going.  I'll be continuing the HMS BRAVE theme but this time upscaling my Lynx from 1/350 to 1/48.  And if I get the time I might even throw in a scratchbuild 1/350 or 1/600 HM Airship No 1. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2023 at 11:20 PM, mark.au said:

Assuming there won’t be a poll on this one.

Sadly not. The shear volume of entries would make a poll pretty much impossible to create.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 8 months later...

The three that didn't make it! Indianapolis was completed last year, but San Diego and Fletcher have just been finished as part of the latest KUTA group build!

20240217_120606

Roll on Salty Sea Dog II!

• Like 5