The Salty Sea Dog GB Chat Part 2

I have had to close down the previous chat thread as it was approaching forty pages.   It just goes to show how popular this groupbuild is.  

So please carry on the chat in this thread and lets see how many pages it can run...   :thumbsup: 

• Like 3

Day 21 roundup...

Can we really be three weeks in already? And also on the second chat page?

Quick update tonight because I'm just in from a belter of a Chinese and I'd like a quick tinker with my Seafire before I turn in (no, @Bertie McBoatface, that is not a euphemism.)

Couple more turned blue and excellent additions to the gallery today, namely @Touvdal's Wildcat (first Sea Dog to turn in two completed builds, I salute you sir!) and @Louise's elegant and unusual blue early Seafire. Just the one new build to add, @danbuoy's fleet of Matchbox 1/700 warships grows from three to four with his Narvik class destroyer.

Going into the third weekend of the GB we stand at:

147 builds

104 underway

10 finished

Have a great weekend of modelling and whatever else you're up to shipmates.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Been busy with work and 3D CAD drawing the extras for HMS BRAVE but thought I'd better catch up with the GB chat.  I think I joined it on about page 29 of the last thread.  Wow!  There's a lot of really high quality stuff going on out there.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

My comment seemed funny to me at the time but now I think it was harsh, and rude.

No need to apologise Bertie. It did make me laugh. No offense taken.

Edited by Marklo
  • Thanks 1

In an attempt to bring some balance to my two passions of the great outdoors and tinkering with little plastic aeroplanes, I've spent the weekend in the Peak District hiking and wild camping. I turn my heard for a couple of days and...

Quite the flurry of activity today shipmates. I'd better get onto the Build List!

• Like 2

Right then...

Day 23 roundup

It's a been a busy weekend on the good ship SSD with a whole bunch of new projects and a few more splendid additions to the gallery.

Newly launched are not one but two Russian helicopters from @zebra, plus a third from @exdraken. @PinkThorn242 brings us right up to date with his F-35 (quite the timespan we have in this GB, from a Viking ship all the way to the most up-to-date airpower). @Evil_Toast_RSA is pitching in with a Hellcat from Eduard, and there's yet another chopper in Lifeline's Sea Cobra. Finally @Marklo adds his fourth build, a Swift Boat, with a hovercraft on the horizon thanks to @paul-muc!

Turning blue we have finished builds from @theplasticsurgeon with build number two, a great looking Spitfire floatplane, @psdavidson with our first sub, HMS Trafalgar and @flashlight with a very unusual Beriev.

So, the numbers for today:

154 builds

107 underway

13 finished

Thanks for the continued support.

Tony

• Like 8

Evening all, here is your

Day 24 roundup

Two new WIP's today, both of which bring something fresh and new to the GB - yes, even with the huge number of builds of all shapes and sizes going on, it's possible! So, thank you to @flashlight with his deep-sea Shinkai sub (something like four different ones in the GB now), and welcome to @Mick Drover with his USMC Skyhawk.

Meanwhile, two over the line and turning blue: @airfixpeter's folded up 1/48 Lynx, and @TEMPESTMK5's smart'n'shiny T6 - again, both fantastic subjects in their very different ways.

I'm fighting the Build List on three fronts now - new WIPS, started WIPS and finished builds - none sunk yet, happily. If I've got my counting right (usually I don't go above two hands) today's numbers are:

156 builds

108 underway

15 finished

Cheers

Tony

Edited by TonyOD
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Nerazzurri said:

@TonyOD @Bertie McBoatface @Col. A little late to the party,  but I'd like to join with an Airfix 1/72 Sea Harrier if that's OK folks?

Though only the Second Mate of this splendid vessel, The Salty Sea Dog, it happens that I am on watch and delighted to be the first to welcome ye aboard with your grey bird of death. Yo ho ho!

• Like 2