A Boeing 757 with three engines and a sharkmouth

Here's my Zvezda Boeing 757 with a difference! It's Honeywell's testbed, N757HW, which has flown in various configurations including this one, with a TPE-331 turboprop on the pylon on the forward fuselage. The turboprop is 3D-printed but it seemed simpler to make the fairing at the base of the pylon from milliput. The main decals (including the tiny sharkmouth on the turboprop!) are home-made, windows and detail decals are from a 26 Decals set. This was built in the Prototypes, Research etc group build, build thread is here. This was a fun build - the Zvezda kit is very nice, and I stretched my 3D-printing and decal designing skills a bit.

1/144 757 testbed

1/144 757 testbed

1/144 757 testbed

1/144 757 testbed

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 49
  • Thanks 2

Wow, I love the 75' and this is a beauty. I did wonder if someone would try the one with the F-22 wing section on the top but this is way cooler.

Stunning build.

Eng

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eng said:

Wow, I love the 75' and this is a beauty. I did wonder if someone would try the one with the F-22 wing section on the top but this is way cooler.

Stunning build.

Eng

Thanks! I might need to have a go at the F-22 test bed but the colour scheme is pretty boring. I am very tempted to do the 737 Catbird F-35 test bed though.

On 27/01/2023 at 10:45, zebra said:

The turboprop is 3D-printed but it seemed simpler to make the fairing at the base of the pylon from milliput.

That's got to be the definition of mixed media right there!

Great subject, beautifully modelled.

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1